"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Good to see the BBC and match of the day are not bothered with my team this season- under the radar is the best way to be - come on the Swans!!!
    Well deserved point at Everton for the Norwich boys! On a nice run of results. Hopefully pick up 3 points on Wednesday against Southampton? But with how mad the Premier League is? Who knows? X_X
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Well deserved point at Everton for the Norwich boys! On a nice run of results. Hopefully pick up 3 points on Wednesday against Southampton? But with how mad the Premier League is? Who knows? X_X

Big game next Sat with Norwich a bogey team for us - but 3 points and results in our favour takes up top 4 OMG
    largo2 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Big game next Sat with Norwich a bogey team for us - but 3 points and results in our favour takes up top 4 OMG

I tell you what Largo? I am well chuffed we beat Sunderland today as i am very nervous about playing your boys next week! You outplayed Arsenal and that is no mean task! Both teams playing well which is a credit to both managers.

Whatever happens next week? I am sure it will not affect our respect for each other?!!! ;) :))
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    We just had to get United didn't we X(

Mod edit - Removed swearing
  • My name says it all ;)
  • We just had to get United didn't we X(

Take it you are a West ham fan?

Won't be a easy game for us at your spot mate. Also depends what side fergie sends out, though being a united fan we are overdue a good run in the F.A. cup.
  • RC7RC7
    We just had to get United didn't we X(

As a United fan, you're a good side this season and we always get a tough draw. Unlike some of our rivals who cruise their way to finals playing lower league sides. You've got a good chance.
  • We have been doing fairly well this season (and as much as people seem to hate him I do put lots of that down to Allardyce). Won't be an easy match for anyone but I still think you lot have a better chance.
    My name says it all ;)

oh well there is still the fa cup in january 8-}
    Slightly worried as a Arsenal never seen them play this bad in a long long time. That loss to Swansea jus lacked passion.
    My name says it all ;)

Its best they come as well
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 7,653
    Final score
    1. Borussia. Dortmund

2. Real Madrid

3. Ajax Amsterdam :!!

4. Manchester City =)) L-)

Man C has been eliminated from the Champions League, Money does not make any difference if your players do not want to play football.

Ajax got its behind kicked twice by Real Madrid but made sure it won at least of Man C.

• largo2 wrote:
    My name says it all ;)

We're in the Capital one cup quarters as well and yes, I'm excited about that :D
    largo2 wrote:
    My name says it all ;)

We're in the Capital one cup quarters as well and yes, I'm excited about that :D

Don't forget us Norwich boys too! 8-}
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    News just breaking is that uefa have announced that the european championships in 2020 will be played across different European cities rather than the tradition host country/countries ...........
    DCisared wrote:
    News just breaking is that uefa have announced that the european championships in 2020 will be played across different European cities rather than the tradition host country/countries ...........

Another shocking idea from Platini and his clueless fools? What about the fans who get through to the finals in terms of costs? Should remain country based imho.
    Well done Norwich - played well - may be one day we will win against you
    Rogue agent enjoy the celebration :((
  • West Ham v Liverpool tommorow. Tough one to call but we're at home, I think that helped us last week and it could help us here.
    West Ham v Liverpool tommorow. Tough one to call but we're at home, I think that helped us last week and it could help us here.

No suarez so who going to be the striker?

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    QPR going down. I've nothing against them but glad to see 'champions league' manager Arry is back to his normal level.

Championship/premier league strugglers manager. Always has been, always will be. Spurs into 4th was just a blip.
    largo2 wrote:
    Well done Norwich - played well - may be one day we will win against you
    Rogue agent enjoy the celebration :((

Your a good sport Largo and i commend you for it! I have to say that i am amazed at the result! Your boys are a class act and i am sure you will still do alright this season as you have a great team and good manager.

Wish we didn't have this cup game tuesday night. Would rather have the team rest and hopefully get another 3 points at home to Wigan at the weekend to be honest, as we have got a very tricky set of fixtures going into the Christmas period.
    Lionel Messi took 25 minutes to beat Gerd Muller's record of 85 goals scored in a calendar year.

Messi is unbeleivable.
    001 wrote:
    Lionel Messi took 25 minutes to beat Gerd Muller's record of 85 goals scored in a calendar year.

Messi is unbeleivable.

The man can be simply unplayable at times. He is a footballing genius, an incredible achievement! ^:)^
    Quater finals of the cup - 8 th in the league and we still need a striker ! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN WE HAVE BREDFORD IN THE SEMI FINAL AND HOPE WE WIN THE CUP [-O<
    largo2 wrote:
    Quater finals of the cup - 8 th in the league and we still need a striker ! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN WE HAVE BREDFORD IN THE SEMI FINAL AND HOPE WE WIN THE CUP [-O<

Congrats Largo! Anythings possible! Disappointed we lost but not too cut up about it. Looking for a bounce back now against Wigan at home on saturday. Hopefully get a win and then go into the Christmas period with 25 points in the bag!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    largo2 wrote:

Congrats Largo! Anythings possible! Disappointed we lost but not too cut up about it. Looking for a bounce back now against Wigan at home on saturday. Hopefully get a win and then go into the Christmas period with 25 points in the bag!

gutted you did not make it - would of been nice to have some final banter between us
    All the best for saturday, and lets hope we can do over Spurs sunday

largo2 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    largo2 wrote:

gutted you did not make it - would of been nice to have some final banter between us
    All the best for saturday, and lets hope we can do over Spurs sunday

Yeah me too, would have been a giggle! I will be rooting for your boys now, as you play great football and you have a good down to earth manager!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Absolute joke. I wouldnt mind getting turned over like that by Man City or Chelsea but a side as bog average as Villa?

Forget signing the likes of Darren Bent - why would he take a step down by joining us? We are shopping in the championship because no premier league player is going to waste his career by signing for us.

They should wire Shanks grave up to the national grid as he must be banging out 15000 megawatts at the speed he is rotating.
    What an incredible job Chris Hughton is doing with the Norwich boys! After our dreadful start to the season, and as usual being made favourites for relegation? I am over the moon with how we are now 7th in the league! And when you look at it? 5 wins from certain survival! Which as i understand it from the club? Ground expansion of over another 9000 seats! Great job Chris and the boys! 25 points before the Christmas fixture madness is just awesome considering who we have got to play coming up! =D>