"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

my boys got through the stoke rugby match mostly un fazed and with a win [-O<

now for all attention on wed night - fingers crossed for a good night
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    001 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    001 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Playing our bogey player this weekend in Merseyside! Suarez! X_X :-t

We've got sturridge as well now. Double bogey. :)

Well i am glad thats over! 8-}

Norwich is a good team and should avoid relegation.

I would say that Norwich have no fears of going down but any team that is routinely getting thrashed by a team as mediocre as us can never be certain until they are mathematically safe.
    40 points has to be the target!
    Villa have to find 2 goals in 5 mins. Not happening I'm afraid.

For one of the biggest clubs in the land they're an embarrassment.
  • Not as embarrassing as my club, 20 years without a league title...disgusting.
    Not as embarrassing as my club, 20 years without a league title...disgusting.

Yeah can't laugh at Villas plight too much. Ex European cup winners who are now a laughing stock - that doesn't just apply to Villa does it?
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 2,782
    Hazard sent off for kicking a ball boy, Swansea go to a cup final to face a 4th division team and arsenal score 5 goals against the hammers. I must be dreamin'
    Hazard sent off for kicking a ball boy, Swansea go to a cup final to face a 4th division team and arsenal score 5 goals against the hammers. I must be dreamin'

I am in dream land - do not wake till it is over - SWANSEA TILL I DIE

edited January 2013 Posts: 1,575

I wonder how many weeks hazard will be suspended for? The f.a is sure to take action.

Should be a good game against arsenal next week after we take care of oldham in the facup.
    Hopefully reina is still injured. He's too fat and slow........

What a farce the whole ball boy thing! Been laughing my ass off at the great acting skills! :))
    RogueAgent wrote:
    What a farce the whole ball boy thing! Been laughing my ass off at the great acting skills! :))

lucky it was not torres he would of missed all together :D
    Took the shine off a lovely team display by the swans making chelsea look average mid table team
  • Spurs fan Myself,
    apparently Roger Moore was a big spurs fan,
    A bit odd that my first post is about football
    Paul1300 wrote:
    Spurs fan Myself,
    apparently Roger Moore was a big spurs fan,
    A bit odd that my first post is about football

Good to find another footie fan - welcome Paul1300

RogueAgent wrote:

Now some do gooder member of the public has reported it so the police have to squander tax payers money on a nothing incident which was sorted out on the night. That guy should be charged with wasting police time.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 7,653
    RogueAgent wrote:

That attentionseeking little tosser (the ballboy) should be banned for life from any football stadion for his behaviour. The FA did itself no favor in overreacting by banning Hazard for 3 games, one would have given the message that he should watch his behaviour.

edited January 2013 Posts: 9,117
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

That attentionseeking little tosser (the ballboy) should be banned for life from any football stadion for his behaviour. The FA did itself no favor in overreacting by banning Hazard for 3 games, one would have given the message that he should watch his behaviour.

I quite agree. Little chav prick (except of course hes a chav only in spirit as his old man is worth 50m and owns the club) rolling around like Suarez and then looking at the ref to make sure hes watching. Is this where footballs fair play and sportsmanship is these days when even the ball boys are feigning injury?

I would have nothing against Swansea lifting the cup in principal but the thought of that arsehole parading with the trophy sticks in the craw so much I have to root for Bradford to win by any means.
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I quite agree. Little chav prick (except of course hes a chav only in spirit as his old man is worth 50m and owns the club) rolling around like Suarez and then looking at the ref to make sure hes watching. Is this where footballs fair play and sportsmanship is these days when even the f**king ball boys are feigning injury?

I would have nothing against Swansea lifting the cup in principal but the thought of that arsehole parading with the trophy sticks in the craw so much I have to root for Bradford to win by any means.

I thought I have seen it all supporting the swans- every time we win something, something always overshadows it !
    I to admit the ball boy should be banned, let alone be a bloody ball boy.
    Remember in life it is always who you know NOT what you know.
    Can not take away the wonderful team performance on the night.
    And I hope we win the trophey!

In regards to the kid (17 years of age) his dad is a director of the club, he does not own the club. The fans have a 20% steak in then club.
    Huw Jenkins is the chairman and he puts up with no shiv !!
    I am sure he will tell Mr Morgan to keep the little git away from the ground for quite some time. In this day and age of celebrity I am sure the media will run with this rather than concentrate on the good football we play

• I was disappointed with Hazard, he should kicked the little spoiled git a bit harder.

The question is will your Swansea boss go to Chelsea next year?

If there are any Villa supporters here....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
    I was disappointed with Hazard, he should kicked the little spoiled git a bit harder.

The question is will your Swansea boss go to Chelsea next year?

If there are any Villa supporters here....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

long shot but REAL as he likes the spanish league - but will not be going if we get into europe
    OMG! :O Fairplay to Luton for beating us today! Good luck to them i say! That's what happens when you cannot put the ball in the net! There keeper did them proud! =D>
    RogueAgent wrote:
    OMG! :O Fairplay to Luton for beating us today! Good luck to them i say! That's what happens when you cannot put the ball in the net! There keeper did them proud! =D>

big shock but the season has been full of shocks - and more to come me thinks

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I'm not even shocked that Oldham have just beat us , what a sorry state of affairs when it comes to that , just gutted .
    Well it's all about the fight for prestigious Europa league places now.
    Lucas Leiva believes Philippe Coutinho can make a major impact at Liverpool.

It will be interesting to see him play and how good he is because i have never seen him play.

Another point for the Norwich boys! Keep it up boys!
  • Rafa is doing a great job for Chelsea again I see.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Reina is a liability , Sturridge is an absolute baller . Hendo and downing much much improved and we now look a team , time to get braver once we have the lead , encouraging signs.
    DCisared wrote:
    Reina is a liability , Sturridge is an absolute baller . Hendo and downing much much improved and we now look a team , time to get braver once we have the lead , encouraging signs.

Still pissed 4 points up the wall this week though haven't we. I think 4th too much of a stretch now so it all depends if we can hang onto Suarez in the summer. If yes then 4th definitely on next season if no we'll be following the Villas trajectory.

Downing much improved? That's quite funny. Did you miss the bit where he nutmegged himself or gave the ball away 80% of the time?
  • I would be very surprised if City caught United now, Don't think City have enough. Credit to Liverpool for showing up today, i say that begrudgi
    ngly. Think Chelsea have lost the plot letting Sturridge go amongst other issues. :-P
    DCisared wrote:

I have been saying reina is the worst keeper in the epl for a long time and once again he has shown why. He cost us the game.

I don't think he will be playing next week.

We need a world class goalie to be come a world class team.