Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• just watched Sherlock Holmes game of shadows. thought it was a very good big improvement on it predecessor.
    The Contracter with Wesley Snipes. Ok film i guess.

Green Zone. Much better film than i thought! Thoroughly enjoyed it!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Have mercy with me...

The girlfriend insists I attend Breaking Dawn pt.2 with her. Instead, it's turning into Dimi's Breaking Down for here's me, sitting through Twilight yesterday :( and New Moon today :-O , with the prospect of Eclipse tomorrow :O and Breaking Dawn pt.1 day after tomorrow :-S.

Please, be kind to me.
  • Redbelt, the thinking man's martial arts film, cool. "Take him to Brazil"
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Have mercy with me...

The girlfriend insists I attend Breaking Dawn pt.2 with her. Instead, it's turning into Dimi's Breaking Down for here's me, sitting through Twilight yesterday :( and New Moon today :-O , with the prospect of Eclipse tomorrow :O and Breaking Dawn pt.1 day after tomorrow :-S.

Please, be kind to me.

Good luck with that Dimi! :-j
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Have mercy with me...

Please, be kind to me.

Good luck with that Dimi! :-j

Just finished New Moon, as promised. Love comes at quite a high price sometimes. Laylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson... I haven't yet decided which of these two I think is the worse actor. They both reach rock bottom IMO.

• edited November 2012 Posts: 1,645
    001 wrote:
    Yes Man (2008)
    Not very good jim carrey flick. 5/10

I thought it was 4/6 , oh well can't win em all ;)

Batman DKR 6/6 , wow.......wonderful performances by Hardy/Hathaway , in fact this can stand on it's own w/o Ledgers presence. Many yrs from now I think this might be seen as a classic in the same scale as Good Bad Ugly for instance.

Skyfall 4.5/6 , on par with say TSWLM or FYEO imo....pretty good.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Have mercy with me...

Please, be kind to me.

Go and sit in the naughty corner and don't come out until you are sorry.

----

The Night Child (1975)

70's italian horror staring Richard Johnson, Joanna Cassidy & Nicoletta Elmi.

Richard Johnson
    1. Deadlier Than The Male (1967)
    2. The Haunting (1963)
    3. Some Girls Do (1969)
    **4. The Night Child (1975) NE**
    5. Operation Crossbow (1965)
    6. The Witch (1966)
    7. A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square (1979)
    Recording Knight and Day tonight. So will see how that goes over the next couple of days.
    Fist of Fury (1972)
    Watched the dubbed version which i didn't like except for the bruce lee fight scenes.
    5/10
  • Skyfall=10/10
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    001 wrote:
    Fist of Fury (1972)
    Watched the dubbed version which i didn't like except for the bruce lee fight scenes.
    5/10
    "OHHH myyyy what a time we're having!!!"
    I love the film, bad dubbing and all.
    7/10

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    James Ellroy's Feast of Death

I have seen excerpts of this documentary before, but never the full product, and what a product it is. This film is a mesmerizing tell all about the very sins that sparked Ellroy's career as a crime novelist, and spills into some Elizabeth Short murder theories. Everything is predicated on his rough relationship with his mother, Jean Hilliker, who ends up dead much like The Black Dahlia who further fill his mind and fulfills his obsessions. You would be hard pressed to find a man as compelling and thought provoking as Mr. Ellroy. His past history is a marvel, and his eloquent brilliance and controversial personality all make him a legend in my eyes. A wonderful documentary on one of the geniuses of our time.
    Knight And Day with Cruise and Diaz.

Pleanty of unreal sequences in there. But i have to say i found myself laughing alot at it. ;))
  • star trek the motionpicture special edition. great movie, made at the back end of a great decade of science fiction.
    Ghost Rider 2. Did like Idris Elba in this movie. Reckon he would make a pretty good Bond villain! Make it happen Babs! :D
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited November 2012 Posts: 3,497
    Nixon (1995)

Once again, I realize why I adore Anthony Hopkins.

Gripes: There's lack in this film of Spiro Agnew, the scenes where they pasted Hopkins over the real Nixon are mostly horribly done and I could've done without Stone's boring monologue at the end.

Also starring: Joan Allen as Pat Nixon and Paul Sorvino as Henry Kissinger!!!. Also: Ed Harris, James Woods, JT Walsh & Bob Hoskins...

8/10.
    star trek the motionpicture special edition. great movie, made at the back end of a great decade of science fiction.
    You know it, bro! I reach.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Conversation
    Director: Francis Ford Coppola
    Star: Gene Hackman

What a damn masterpiece of suspense. This film so accurately displays the sheer paranoia that a man working in the surveillance business must feel. Hackman's acting as Harry Caul is some of the best you'll see. He so brilliantly captures all the emotions Caul is carried through in the film: shock, deep thought, paranoia, sadness, anger, and more. A powerhouse performance teemed with Coppola's magnificent script make this a phenomenally timeless suspense film. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
  • Machete.

It was on the action channel, I saw it at the cinema but I hadn't seen it since. Good gory, sexy grindhouse fun, looking forward to the sequel.
    The Bounty Hunter (2010)
    Jennifer Aniston looks sexy in it but an average film. 5/10
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Silence of The Lambs (1991)

This has been one of my favourites since I first saw it in 2003 at the age of 17. Watching it again for the first time in some years reminded me what a great film it is and how it deserves all the praise it's received.

Everyone is excellent here but the real star is Foster. Where Hopkins can have fun simply being evil and twisted Foster has most of the hard work. She has to transform from a determined yet out of her depth student to a courageous protector who overcomes the odds against her... and does it wonderfully. I doubt even Michelle Pheiffer (?) (who was originally considered for the role) could have pulled it off.

I read the book some time after seeing the film and, while great, part of me prefers the film as the frankly unnecessary sub-plot with Jack Crawford was cut.

The following have to be two of the most terrifying scenes ever put to film:

*SPOILERS*

10/10
  • Casablanca. Boy do I enjoy that film.
  • Actually, it was a Bond movie, The Living Daylights. I bought the entire DVD collection last month, so I am going through them in the right order.
    Casablanca. Boy do I enjoy that film.

You and me both. The very definition of classic with my main man Humphrey Bogart. Quite simply the most beautiful film ever to be shot, Citizen Kane be damned. :)>-
  • Michael Clayton, the American and the third man. Love my Sunday night sessions.
  • Empire strikes back, attack of the clones and revenge of the sith on bluray. Watched them on a 50inch screen they looked pretty awesome.
    LTK... just awesome as usual. Jackie Chan's Who Am I? before that- what a COOL flick!!!
    The Hangover Part II (2011)
    Bad sequel. 5/10
    001 wrote:
    The Hangover Part II (2011)
    Bad sequel. 5/10

Pretty poor sequel to a good but hugely overrated first film (IMO)