What's your Favorite Bond Title Song. Only Choosing ONE.

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    You only live twice John Barry's finest IMHO .
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Duran Duran - Avtak
  • pjtpjt
    edited October 2012 Posts: 18
    You can't just pick one. My first movie was MR and my favorite title song for years was FYEO. It actually stayed my favorite even after knowing the whole repertoire, though I simply love GF and LaLD. AVTaK came close second. Since then most songs were okay (I even tolerated Madonna's attempt), but YKMN just blew me away again.
    So my list goes as:
    1. YKMN
    2. FYEO
    3. AVTaK
    4. LaLD
    5. GF
  • O6GO6G
    Diamonds are forever, goldfinger or goldeneye. From russia with love and thunderball are really good too. Kanye west made a sweet Diamonds are forever sample by the way
  • diamonddiamond Bonn
    Diamonds are forever.
  • You Only Live Twice apart from Nancy Sinatra's less than stellar performance.
    I was reading the chapter on YOLT in Jon Burlingham's book. About the multiple takes with Sinatra and the necessity to do a cut and paste job because she couldn't produce a single decent take.John Richards quote that 'she didn't have the voice for it' is spot on. A pity that one of the most beautiful Bond songs has such a poor performance. Bassey was unavailable, I think, because of the rejection of her version of Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. They would have done better IMO with maybe Dusty Springfield,Julie Rogers, Kiki Dee or Dionne Warwick. Of course the main thing was the Sinatra name and the fact she had had recent big hits. They were never going to dump her.
  • 'You Know My Name' - Chris Cornell
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    You Know My Name.
    Aw, only one?!? There are too many. You Know My Name, then. No wait, Skyfall.
  • Today I would say GoldenEye
    Nobody Does It Better
  • AWMAWM
    You Know My Name- Chris Cornell
  • Could listen to the opening two bars of Diamonds Are Forever over and over again, but my all time favourite has got to be the main theme from OHMSS.
  • The Rutles - Nobody Does It Wetter. ;-)

Nah, seriously:
    1. Nobody Does It Better
    2. Goldfinger
    3. You Only Live Twice
  • You Know My Name- Chris Cornell
    Love the classics which is why On Her Majesty's Secret Service is a close second but this was just so hard hitting and powerful and it matched the film perfectly.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    That one is EASY! A View To A Kill by Duran Duran. THE most underrated Bond movie has the mosk kick-@$$ song ever!
  • Top 10, in order:

1. Skyfall
    2. You Know My Name
    3. Moonraker
    4. A View To A Kill
    5. Never Say Never Again
    6. Diamonds Are Forever
    7. License to Kill
    8. Die Another Day
    9. We Have All The Time In The World
    10. On Her Majesty's Secret Service opening theme
  • Difficult to pick a favourite, though i tend to listen to you know my name more than any other track.
  • The World Is Not Enough. Big Garbage fan and I saw them in May, but sadly it was not on their playlist that night as it has been for much of their tour.
    I really like Another Way To Die. I know, I'm sorry.

• Very difficult. It only boils down to half a dozen or so for me but still difficult.
    I'm going with FRWL. Yes, the instrumental opening titles. Awesome sound recording and it really captures the feel of that early world of James Bond espionage
  • I really like Another Way To Die. I know, I'm sorry.
    Why? I don't think that's a bad song at all.

• Mrcoggins wrote:
    You only live twice John Barry's finest IMHO .

Exactly! With Nancy Sinatra singing
  • I really like Another Way To Die. I know, I'm sorry.

Also ranks very high for me. #5 out of 23
    You Only live twice, you know my name in second for me
  • Zekidk wrote:
    Well, the guy was asking for "titlesongs", not "official songs." But I guess KD Langs "Surrender" also counts then.

OHMSS instrumental Main Title
  • JBFan626 wrote:
    OHMSS instrumental Main Title
    Love that piece of music!

• Absolutely great choice Zekidk! K D Lang's "Surrender" seemed to have slipped under the rug, likely because it was not the title song. I do like the title song for Tomorrow Never Dies by Sheryl Crow, though K D Lang should have gotten the nod for title song. I personally really like Adele's SkyFall, which somewhat reminds me of Lang's sultry smooth enrty. That being said, I have to go with the origianal "James Bond Theme" from Dr No.
    socaljon3 wrote:
    Absolutely great choice Zekidk! K D Lang's "Surrender" seemed to have slipped under the rug, likely because it was not the title song. I do like the title song for Tomorrow Never Dies by Sheryl Crow, though K D Lang should have gotten the nod for title song. I personally really like Adele's SkyFall, which somewhat reminds me of Lang's sultry smooth enrty. That being said, I have to go with the origianal "James Bond Theme" from Dr No.

Sheryl Crow's song is not half bad. I don't think her voice works well for that song is the problem. But it's certainly not as bad as a lot of folks credit it for. I even think Another Way to Die would have been decent if Alicia Keys didn't sing on it.