Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Anyone else interested in Jack Reacher? It's so unhyped in the UK I didn't realise it was even out until about a month ago.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,767
    thamesider wrote:
    Anyone else interested in Jack Reacher? It's so unhyped in the UK I didn't realise it was even out until about a month ago.
    Jack Reacher sounds like just another worthless Cruise vehicle. He can be really great, but mostly the less he´s involved beyond pure acting the better.

That Hitchcock trailer, on the other hand, looks fantastic.

• thamesider wrote:
    Anyone else interested in Jack Reacher? It's so unhyped in the UK I didn't realise it was even out until about a month ago.

Is it out? Meh. I really enjoy the books but Cruise doesn't seem anything like Reacher to me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Man oh man, Hitchcock will be insane! And they couldn't have picked a better film to set it during!!! \m/

• \m/

I'm really looking forward to a Sherlock Holmes 3! I've held off on buying the first two in the hopes of them doing at least one more and releasing a trilogy package! [-O<
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @TrueMiracle85, that's a long wait and tease! I'm pretty sure they'll decide to do a third, it's just a matter of making sure everyone has a few months for filming and press before doing other projects.
    I'm really looking forward to a Sherlock Holmes 3! I've held off on buying the first two in the hopes of them doing at least one more and releasing a trilogy package! [-O<
    What´s with this trilogy obsession all around the planet? Imagine they make a fourth, then you have to put that one next to your trilogy box set. How´s that going to look ;-)?

• New character poster of Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean in Les Misérables!

hughjackman-lesmiserablesposter.jpg
    http://moviehole.net/201258588matt-damon-unlikely-to-play-jason-bourne-ever-again

I liked The Bourne legacy so I can't wait for a second Aaron Cross film though am I the only one who thinks Jermy Renner would make an amazing macgyver!
    Risico007 wrote:
    ...though am I the only one who thinks Jermy Renner would make an amazing macgyver!
    No way you are! Bring it on!

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It'll be tough to get another film made anyway. The Bourne Legacy didn't do that well at the box office and Universal will likely think things through before proceeding with a new film. It could be a number of years before Bourne 5, if ever.
  • Here's another character poster from Les Misérables this time featuring Russell Crowe as Inspector Javert. Also, word is there's a leaked pirated version of a new trailer for the film but the quality is HORRIBLE. I'd just wait for the official release of the new trailer.

64942.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    When Star Trek Into Darkness' facebook page gets to 500 000 likes, they will release a trailer!
    So... https://www.facebook.com/OfficialStarTrekIntoDarkness GET TO IT!
    captain+kirk.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Oh, what a joke! Everything is done by damn, Facebook today but this takes the mick. It better never happen with Bond. As well as 3D.
    At this rate, it looks like the trailer will be released after the film itself. Facebook is such a joke, as is this type of marketing. Like us, comment, visit, whatever, and receive a new poster or trailer!
    Mad Max has got himself some serious competition! Look at these fotos from Aronofsky´s Noah:
    http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/russell-crowe-looks-like-a-role-playing-repo-man-in-these-set-pics-from-aronofskys-noah

Jennifer Connelly is still one of the hottest properties on this planet.
  • boldfinger wrote:
    Mad Max has got himself some serious competition!

Nobody can beat the Road Warrior!
    A few things first this

http://batman-news.com/2012/10/18/justice-league-to-begin-shooting-next-year-coming-summer-2015/

Which again I am a batman only kind of guy so I'll check out Justice League why because Batman will be in it.

and

Trailer 2 for Jack Reacher Looks good to me but everyone else here seems to hate it lol
    'Jack Reacher' looks okay, but it seems very generic and doesn't stand out in any aspect.
  • Tom Cruise is not Jack Reacher.

What could've been a great film franchise is just another generic Tom Cruise film (the only thing he's done lately that's any good is Mission Impossible).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Jack Reacher is okay, though I know many are angry that Tom isn't the vision that is characterized in the books. I haven't read them, so I don't know. But Tom can pull off the intense action and physical work, so at least that is a plus. It isn't anything we haven't seen before, but it looks entertaining. I love the ending, very funny.
    Doesn´t look bad.
    never read the books but i might check them out after i get my masters
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    They chose an actor famous for being small, to play a character famous for being this big giantic man.

It's hilarious, but also a bit sad.
    They chose an actor famous for being small, to play a character famous for being this big giantic man.

The sad part is that the producer of a possible new franchise did not dare to take a risk and chose the safe road that is Tom Cruise.

Having read half of the Reacher series I find myself not interested in this movie at all. It is Interview with a vampire all over again. Stuntcasting instead of chosing somebody right for the part.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I've been a fan of the books for a while and I'm not intrested either. It'll just be a forgettable Tom Cruise film.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Behind-Schedule-Over-Budget-33674.html

Please don't let it be true [-O<

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/10/first-image-from-machete-kills.html
    SaintMark wrote:

The sad part is that the producer of a possible new franchise did not dare to take a risk and chose the safe road that is Tom Cruise.

Having read half of the Reacher series I find myself not interested in this movie at all. It is Interview with a vampire all over again. Stuntcasting instead of chosing somebody right for the part.
    You think Cruise wasn´t right for the part in IWAV?

• Oscar nod here I think:

Oscar nod here I think:

OMG? What on earth was that? =))