The Bond Fragrance

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sandy wrote:
    I'm a snob when it comes to fragrances but let me tell you: this smells great! Don't be put off just because it's Bond branded, it's one of the best male fragrances I have smelled in recent years.

I'm now intrigued @Sandy. Can you give me a breakdown on it? What are the notes and the dry-down like?

I tend to go for fragrances with quite masculine smells: Vetiver, tabacco, black pepper etc. I wear Tom Ford's Bois Marocain and Le Labo's Vetiver if that give you an indication of what I like. Is this similar?

Well, it is what I would call a masculine smell, without a doubt. The notes are apple, cardamom, sandalwood, vetiver, lavender, coumarin, and moss. It starts fresh and it dries down to an oriental, spicy smell that is not overpowering or intoxicating. I would say vetiver is probably a top note but I don't have a way to confirm it right now. If I had to guess I would say you seem like the kind of man who would like it but there's nothing like trying it out first.
    USA debut is 10/17 at Kohls.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles
    edited October 2012 Posts: 864
    Sandy wrote:
    Well, it is what I would call a masculine smell, without a doubt. The notes are apple, cardamom, sandalwood, vetiver, lavender, coumarin, and moss. It starts fresh and it dries down to an oriental, spicy smell that is not overpowering or intoxicating. I would say vetiver is probably a top note but I don't have a way to confirm it right now. If I had to guess I would say you seem like the kind of man who would like it but there's nothing like trying it out first.

Oddly, this actually sounds right up my street! Perhaps I will buy it, but just hide the bottle!

To those that think I'm "ashamed" of being a Bond fan, I assure you I am not. However, when it comes to fragrances, it should be like a beautiful suit or a well-made pair of shoes. Somehow the branding cheapens it, no matter how good it smells. There is a world of difference between saying "my tailor is David MAson at Anthony Sinclair" and saying "my fragrance is the James Bond one."
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,012
    Sandy wrote:

Oddly, this actually sounds right up my street! Perhaps I will buy it, but just hide the bottle!

To those that think I'm "ashamed" of being a Bond fan, I assure you I am not. However, when it comes to fragrances, it should be like a beautiful suit or a well-made pair of shoes. Somehow the branding cheapens it, no matter how good it smells. There is a world of difference between saying "my tailor is David MAson at Anthony Sinclair" and saying "my fragrance is the James Bond one."

It's true and I completely understand you in this matter. For example, I own cheap lipsticks however I usually only carry with me and use in public high end brand ones ;)
    So if you do buy the fragrance and someone asks you what is it be vague if you feel better that way. Or be honest about it and say you were surprised by how good it is.
    Sandy wrote:
    Or be honest about it and say you were surprised by how good it is.

I'm always honest. I think that's the best approach. ;-)
    Sandy wrote:
    Or be honest about it and say you were surprised by how good it is.

I'm always honest. I think that's the best approach. ;-)

I also think so.
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    edited October 2012 Posts: 443
    Sandy wrote:

@doubleonothing I completely understand why you feel in regards to the 007 fragrance.

I myself am by no means a fragrance connoisseur but I have always been keen on trying Floris no.89 as it is supposedly a Fleming favourite and that seems a little less nerdy than saying you're wearing "James Bond"

So has anyone ever tried Floris? How is it?
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I've got the Bond one, Playboy Vegas and Brut for it was Elvis' fragrance ;)
  • Anyone managed to obtain a free sample from the official website. I've attempted to but it keeps crashing or saying unavailable?!
  • 00Zenon00Zenon Perth, Australia
    karl007 wrote:
    00Zenon wrote:
    Is this only available online?
    I've asked at my local store, but to no avail...
    :(
    They sell them in boots and the perfume shop over here in ireland so im pretty sure you can find them easy!

I am in Australia though....
    >:(
    ...stupid freakin release the movie a month after everyone else...
    :'(
    Anyone managed to obtain a free sample from the official website. I've attempted to but it keeps crashing or saying unavailable?!

I tried a few weeks ago and never got anything
  • Alan007 wrote:

I tried a few weeks ago and never got anything

Ah, not just me then. It's annoying as it would make a good little collectable or at the very least an opportunity to try before you buy so to speak. They are shooting themselves in the foot as I'm not feeling the product as being a worthy purchase if their own website can't intice me to buy because of constant crashes /computer glitches. It devalues the quality of the product.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 13,907
    Can't you be both a Bond nerd and a style guru....like me? I mean, that's the advantage our franchise has no? If you're a Trekkie, you put on Trekkie-clothes, from Picard's uniform to Spock's ears. If you're a Bond nerd, you put on Bond's clothes and brands. From Tom Ford to Jil Sander. Or at least....stuff that is trendsetting, classy and elegant.

Thank heavens i'm a Bond fan, and not a Tomb Raider films fan. ;)
    I'd sooner have a bottle of this stuff...

• edited October 2012 Posts: 151
    Bought the fragrance today..very impressed the bottle is a nice little touch too .
    It came with a shower gel and deodorant can both marked with the 007 logo only complaint i have is that you are given a code on the box to unlock exclusive features on the website..each time i enter my code it keeps giving me a error.
    Is there anybody else having this problem?

Has anyone seen this for sale yet?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 32
    MartinBond wrote:

Has anyone seen this for sale yet?

On sale today at Kohls department stores across the US. Yes Americans you can smell like James Bond.

http://news.instyle.com/2012/10/17/james-bond-007-fragranc/

Fellow Agents,
    Avoid this at all costs. Only Austin Powers would wear this!
    Members of the 00 section should refrain.
    Stick to wearing your sea island cotton shirts. Driving your Bentleys. Smoking your Moorland specials from your gunmetal cigarette case (lit of course with your oxidised Ronson) whilst checking the time on your Rolex.
    Anybody with a 00 prefix found sporting this awful P&G poison will be confined to traffic duty in Essex inpertuity!
    Regards,
    Bentley.
  • I got it as a gift and was surprised how good it smells!

I don't really need status symbols to feed my ego and should someone ask what fragrance I wear I gladly tell them the James Bond one and we share a laugh.
    I rather have that than looking like a snob because everything that's not a high end brand is beneath my dignity.
    I can however understand if someone would feel a bit too nerdy when people see the bottle... but well, as I said not that of a problem for me.
    Dear LotusEsprit,
    M and Tanner have decided that this is such a style gaff, you will be dismissed from the 00 section with immediate effect and will be assigned traffic duty in Harlow, Essex UK (this is part of England were they may appreciate your fragrance).
    We are sorry that it has come to this but, all agents were warned that a level of decorum has to be retained amongst all 00s.
    By copy of this missive, I would also respectfully remind all remaining in the prestigious 00 section that the only fragrance product to be used on the body is Pinaud Elixer, that prince amongst shampoos. Moneypenny will sniff you all in due course to ensure that this rule is strictly adhered to.
    Regards,
    Bentley
  • Well, guess I am going rogue then...

As M said: "When you can't smell your friends from your enemies, it's time to go." ;-)
    Dear LotusEsprit,
    Please make sure that you return your PPK to Boothroyd. You won't be needing it were you are going.
    If you have any problems in Harlow, just spray them with that P&G stuff. They'll get the message!
    Good luck and regards,
    Bentley
    Bentley wrote:
    Dear LotusEsprit,
    Please make sure that you return your PPK to Boothroyd. You won't be needing it were you are going.
    If you have any problems in Harlow, just spray them with that P&G stuff. They'll get the message!
    Good luck and regards,
    Bentley

This has made me smile.
  • I really won't need it. I disapprove of violence against women... no matter how many might chase me...
    Though you don't make it sound like I should want women from Harlow chasing me...
    Dear LotusEsprit,
    I think you are in danger of misunderstanding your new assignment.
    Although you have been dismissed from the 00 section, you will be working under cover as a traffic officer in Harlow. Your mission will be to infiltrate the CHAV community. This organisation is as dangerous today as SPECTRE was in the old days.
    The stated CHAV aim is to undermine British culture by removing any semblance of taste, style or decorum from the fabric of our society.
    In the first instance, you should aim to infiltrate their ranks and report back on their plans.
    You will recognise members of this illicit organisation by the following characteristics:
    1) They all sport false, spray on tans.
    2) Typically, they drive Mercedes, Lotus and BMW soft tops in canary yellow or pink.
    3) The men mainly have blonde highlighted hair.
    4) The women tend to be slightly large, have massive surgically enhanced breasts, have multiple tattoos, are vajjazled and say "'init and like" in most sentences. Our CIA brethren have found similar, mostly in New Jersey, LA & Florida. So, it's spreading and they are international in scope.
    5) The men say "**ck" a lot and are sprayed from head to toe with P&G's new poison.
    Don't underestimate the importance of this mission. Your job is to prevent the worldwide destruction of good taste and M has selected you specifically for your capacity to fit in seamlessly and infiltrate. The clock is ticking!
    Regards,
    Bentley
  • I'll report when they accept me as one of them. Which might be my most dangerous and difficult assignment!
    Stay alert in case I need military support!
    Recieved my gift pack today, well worth £17.50
    Sprayed the Bond scent on my wrist and asked all the women at work and at home what they think ?
    Overall the women I tested it on said it was a good scent and was not to sweet for a man to use :-bd
    Whenever I get out into town I use the deodorant and fragrance to finish it off ;)
    I'll report when they accept me as one of them. Which might be my most dangerous and difficult assignment!
    Stay alert in case I need military support!
    largo2 wrote:
    Recieved my gift pack today, well worth £17.50
    Sprayed the Bond scent on my wrist and asked all the women at work and at home what they think ?
    Overall the women I tested it on said it was a good scent and was not to sweet for a man to use :-bd

Dear largo2,
    You will be seconded with LotusEsprit to infiltrate the CHAVS.
    Count Lippe had a small discreet tong mark on his wrist. You will recognise female CHAVS by their body tattoos bearing the names of past lovers (defecto this means their whole bodies are covered). You will fitt in fine with your fragrance.
    God help us!
    Bentley
This discussion has been closed.