James Bond Documentary Everything or Nothing Coming Oct. 5

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    Artemis81 wrote:
    Pussfella wrote:
    does someone want to do the decent thing and torrent it! ;)
    I could probably do this. I'm encoding it right now to at least get the size less than 1GB. However, I'm a work so I can't totally dedicated all my time to it.

You are my hero if you put it online ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    MrBond wrote:
    I just managed to upload it to my YouTube account. PM for link and just let me know if it works. I'm currently away from my computer, but will respond as soon as I can.

• JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Just finishing the Doc up now.

I'll tell you, hearing about that last phone call between Cubby and Sean nearly brought me to tears. What an excellent documentary.

Me too, I just finished watching it within the hour and had tears in my eyes several times, plus a few good laughs and tons of memories. Fantastic documentary, the best one I've ever seen on Bond. I will be more than happy to own it when it becomes available, and heartily give my stamp of two thumbs up approval and my recommendation as a must have for any serious collection :-bd ^:)^
  • Artemis81 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Artemis81 wrote:
    It was pretty good although I need to rewatch it as I was talking Bond with my uncle and cousin who were kinda interested. Good thing I captured it on my laptop so I can watch it this weekend.
    Is there any way you could PM me a download link? :)
    I still need to trim it down and encode it so it's not 6gb! It may take some time, but I could PM to you when I'm done.

Could you send me one too?
  • Artemis81 wrote:
    MrBond wrote:
    I just managed to upload it to my YouTube account. PM for link and just let me know if it works. I'm currently away from my computer, but will respond as soon as I can.

yes please!!!
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    ^ no problem. Thank u to all who PM me for being patient. I'm still at work and trying to respond to everyone on my phone. Hope to catch some sleep soon so if I don't answer right away u know why.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Artemis81 wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

I'd love to watch it too @Artemis81. Thanks for taking the time to make this for all of us who can't watch it otherwise.
  • @Artemis81 I've just finished watching it, thanks.

That was cool, told me lots of stuff I didn't know. And the gunbarrel at the start was awesome.
    It would be much appreciated if you could pm me the link too. Thanks ahead :)
    I would kindly appreciate that link also! thank you :D
  • I would love that link as well if it's not too much trouble. Thank you in advance :D
  • Brosnan's reaction to being told that his character is about to 'kite-surf a tsunami' is superb.
  • Brosnan's reaction to being told that his character is about to 'kite-surf a tsunami' is superb.

But why didn't he make his feelings known sooner?? I went off Brosnsn as he appeared to ONLY be interested in the $$$.

Craig was quite quick to let his feelings about QOS so maybe if Brosnsn had spoke out even during his tenure things may have worked out differently???
  • RyanKint wrote:
    I went off Brosnsn as he appeared to ONLY be interested in the $$$.

Bullsh*t. He's said before he loves Bond and if he didn't would he really be doing a documentary for the people that fired him? And I don't think he's getting paid, otherwise Connery would show up.
    RyanKint wrote:
    Craig was quite quick to let his feelings about QOS so maybe if Brosnsn had spoke out even during his tenure things may have worked out differently???

Not sure what you're saying here. "Craig said after QOS came out he didn't like it so if Brosnan had done that DAD would be better!" Besides, Craig has been lucky enough to get more creative input than any Bond.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    A special thanks Artemis81 most appreciated, very much enjoyed it and will be purchasing it when it comes available unless it is an extra on the Skyfall blu ray which I think is a possibility.

I think everyone came across well, Connery's comments obviously being from the archives weren't anything we didn't already know but I guess it was his decision not to participate. Kevin McClory seems very much the villain of the piece although Connery's comment on that U.S chat show during the publicity for NSNA seemed quite hurtful referring to Cubby as the first Bond villain, sums up Sean's attitude to the whole thing really, it was all about the money but as the series has proven no actor is bigger than Bond!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Samuel001 wrote:
    A real treat but really very bad those in the UK don't get it for free when those in the US do.
    RyanKint wrote:

Bullsh*t. He's said before he loves Bond and if he didn't would he really be doing a documentary for the people that fired him? And I don't think he's getting paid, otherwise Connery would show up.
    RyanKint wrote:

Not sure what you're saying here. "Craig said after QOS came out he didn't like it so if Brosnan had done that DAD would be better!" Besides, Craig has been lucky enough to get more creative input than any Bond.

Agree entirely with thelivingroyale.

Whatever you think about Brozza as Bond he loved the role and he would also have loved a crack at a gritty CR script. Any faults with his film are largely down to poor script, directing and casting decisions and I dont think a lot of criticism can be levelled at Pierce except in terms of natural acting talent where he is obviously lacking when compared to the likes of Dalton and Craig.

TND and TWINE werent too bad in terms of the tone they tried to take and on paper the whole North Korea thing sounded interesting and gritty and I dont see how Pierce could have predicted how shambolic it would become so I dont know when he was supposed to speak out exactly. Post DAD wouldnt be much use to anyone and as the film was such a blatant catastrophe EON didnt need anyone telling them that things needed to change.
  • Sorry, i'm new on here but I would really appreciate the link to the documentary if you still have it? :)
  • RyanKint wrote:

RyanKint wrote:

Had he spoken out after TND or even TWINE enough then maybe DAD wouldn't have been the shambles that it was.

TWINE was really poor or (dire as Barry Norman put it) but yet they carried on regardless and went even further on DAD.

If Brosnan showed any interest in doing a gritty bond why did the producers not pick up on this and give him a script that was gritty? Instead they kept giving him lucklusture scripts and crap directors and eventually let him go and recast. They took bond back to Fleming after MR with the same lead so no reason why Brosnsn couldn't have been brought back for CR but without the reboot

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I just finished watching it. What an amazing documentary! Brilliant is the only word to describe it. Thanks again to @Artemis81 for allowing us to watch it.
  • RyanKint wrote:
    Had he spoken out after TND or even TWINE enough then maybe DAD wouldn't have been the shambles that it was.

TWINE was really poor or (dire as Barry Norman put it) but yet they carried on regardless and went even further on DAD.

If Brosnan showed any interest in doing a gritty bond why did the producers not pick up on this and give him a script that was gritty? Instead they kept giving him lucklusture scripts and crap directors and eventually let him go and recast. They took bond back to Fleming after MR with the same lead so no reason why Brosnsn couldn't have been brought back for CR but without the reboot

When Moore was around Cubby was too, and TWINE (which I like) wasn't really unrealistic like MR.

Brosnan did show intrest in doing a gritty Bond but at the time EON didn't. And like I said, Craig has been lucky enough to have much more creative input than any Bond.

All Brosnan did was turn up to work and do his job, and to be honest I think a good one. If you don't think his films were "gritty" enough, then blame the producers and the script writers, don't say "it's all Brosnans fault, he only cares about money!!!"
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RyanKint wrote:

When Moore was around Cubby was too, and TWINE (which I like) wasn't really unrealistic like MR.

Brosnan did show intrest in doing a gritty Bond but at the time EON didn't. And like I said, Craig has been lucky enough to have much more creative input than any Bond.

All Brosnan did was turn up to work and do his job, and to be honest I think a good one. If you don't think his films were "gritty" enough, then blame the producers and the script writers, don't say "it's all Brosnans fault, he only cares about money!!!"

Exactly.

The direction the series takes is down to EON and not the hired hand. I dont think Rog was very keen on the gritty realism (for a Rog Bond film) of FYEO but he didnt moan he got on with his job. And I'm pretty sure there are quotes from Sean during the making of TB when he said the gadgetry was taking over and how much notice was paid to that for YOLT? And both Sean and Rog had more clout at their peak than Brozza ever did.

I'm certain Brozza was quoted as saying he would love to remake OHMSS as Fleming wrote it but was any notice taken of that?

At the time Babs and MGW were finding their feet without Cubby and the films were making money - so if it aint broke dont fix it was the maxim. It was only with DAD that they realised it was broke and they had to do some drastic repairs.

I really dont see how you can lump the failures of the Brosnan era at Pierces door when he actually stepped up and saved the series under enormous pressure to deliver. For this alone, no matter what we think of him as Bond or as an actor, he deserves respect.

Craig has a privileged position afforded to no other Bond in terms of putting his oar in creatively which is largely based on the fact that Babs fancies him.
  • Craig has a privileged position afforded to no other Bond in terms of putting his oar in creatively which is largely based on the fact that Babs fancies him.

:)) True.
  • If someone would PM me the link, I'd be very happy! :)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 401
    Was I the only one who was actually able to watch it on TV? Also, my opinion; It's good. I mean, it's generally just an brief overview of every Bond era, it didn't really go into great detail of things, but it was still interesting enough. The best part was Timothy Dalton's interview.
  • Saw EON at the Odeon Covent Garden this afternoon and it was well worth the money to see it on the big screen. Nice use of John Barry Bond music throughout and a short clip of Barry conducting at the 2000 Elizabeth Taylor Aids concert at the Royal Albert Hall. All the Bonds come across well especially Brosnan who is very good humoured considering the shabby way he was treated by Eon. A great story well told and very well worth seeing.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Could someone PM me the link too, I really want to watch this. please? :)
  • sorry - I'm being ignorant here - and I'm a newby to this - but is this documentary released in cinemas? on dvd? on tv???
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    lewisblake wrote:
    sorry - I'm being ignorant here - and I'm a newby to this - but is this documentary released in cinemas? on dvd? on tv???

It's on some cable thing on America, in the UK you have to go to any Odeon cinemas that are showing it (and it's not many), and some places don't get it at all.

If you're outside of America your best bet is the internet. @Artemis81 has a link.
  • Can someone PM me the link too? Can't wait to see the Brosnan bits.
  • Sorry for the obvious lurking but could someone please PM me the link?