SKYFALL Trailers & TV Spots Thread

Comments

• edited October 2012 Posts: 1,215
    It just clicked with me! I think the "Some men are coming to kill us" line is being said to.
    Kincade
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That clip with Adele's SF playing has a shot of London at night that looks staggeringly beautiful.
  • It just clicked with me! I think the "Some men are coming to kill us" line is being said to.
    Kincade

No,
    M, at the whitehall shooting
    Something new

Abit more dialogue in this i had not heard before! Thanks for posting!
  • TheBondFan wrote:
    It just clicked with me! I think the "Some men are coming to kill us" line is being said to.
    Kincade

No,
    Has that been confirmed?
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Kincade

No,
    Has that been confirmed?

Well considering when he says it in every trailer he's in the board meeting room during the shootout with M....
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Kincade

No,
    Has that been confirmed?

Well considering when he says it in every trailer he's in the board meeting room during the shootout with M....

Is he? The background looks alot like the inside of the lodge as well. Plus, it looks like that's the edge of Kincade's grey beard, out of focus. And considering the distance he's standing from whoever he's talking to, wouldn't his sightline be shifted down more since he's considerably taller than M? Here he looks like he's looking straight on.

EDIT: I just checked the shot in the trailer where the gunfire is going through the dining room walls at Skyfall, and the wood panels and lighting fixtures match perfectly.

lodgey.jpg
    lodge2.jpg
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Kincade

No,
    Has that been confirmed?

Is he? The background looks alot like the inside of the lodge as well. Plus, it looks like that's the edge of Kincade's grey beard, out of focus. And considering the distance he's standing from whoever he's talking to, wouldn't his sightline be shifted down more since he's considerably taller than M? Here he looks like he's looking straight on.

EDIT: I just checked the shot in the trailer where the gunfire is going through the dining room walls at Skyfall, and the wood panels and lighting fixtures match perfectly.

But the lighting of the shots are way off. And he's in his dusty suit (from his scenes in London) in the clip he says the line. In the lodge, he's in a sporting coat. The line is spoken in the meeting room/building either to M or Mallory.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Kincade

No,
    Has that been confirmed?

But the lighting of the shots are way off. And he's in his dusty suit (from his scenes in London) in the clip he says the line. In the lodge, he's in a sporting coat. The line is spoken in the meeting room/building either to M or Mallory.
    The lighting, is a result of time of day, which makes sense, because when Bond and M arrive in Scotland he's wearing his suit, and then changes into the coat later on. It also makes alot of sense as he's likely to explain why he's there and what's about to happen to Kincade.
    I agree that bits definitely at Skyfall Lodge, makes sense of the dialogue too
    A bit of new footage in here.

The cinematography in this is just phenomenal.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Kincade

No,
    Has that been confirmed?

I hope a smug smile crawls across your face when your sitting in the theater and realize your wrong ;)

I know I'll get one. We have knowledge of all the clapperboards and
    even of the script. I've checked with sources, who have pages outlining characters and dialogue, and can confirm that it is indeed back in London.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Wonderful additions by all. Thank you. Three weeks to go! :D
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Kincade

No,
    Has that been confirmed?

I hope a smug smile crawls across your face when your sitting in the theater and realize your wrong ;)

I know I'll get one. We have knowledge of all the clapperboards and
    even of the script. I've checked with sources, who have pages outlining characters and dialogue, and can confirm that it is indeed back in London.
    Oh, really? Forgive me, I was mistaken then.
    Another new spot:
    edit
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 774
    Not sure where to ask this, but has anyone watched this 10 minute 'Secrets of Skyfall' video yet? Wan to watch it, but not if there are spoilers.
  • Volante wrote:
    Not sure where to ask this, but has anyone watched this 10 minute 'Secrets of Skyfall' video yet? Wan to watch it, but not if there are spoilers.

This was posted earlier in the thread, there are some (mild) spoilers.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 774
    Volante wrote:

This was posted earlier in the thread, there are some (mild) spoilers.

Ah, I've been avoiding this thread for fear of spoilers so I missed it. If they're just mild spoilers I'll chance it, I already know more than I'd like to so it'll probably be nothing new for me. Thank you.
  • Anybody notice Silva's face when he
    Starts shooting up the inquiry? His eyes light up like a kid on Christmas and he slowly starts to smile as he's popping off rounds. This guy is going to be one hell of a villain.
    Yeah, no major spoilers, but my excitement has reached new heights.
  • New 20 minute special
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thanks for the special!
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Just watched the Secrets of Skyfall-feature. Some lines are just brilliant :D

M, looking at the DB5: "That's completely inconspicious."
    Bond: "Get in."
    :))

It's like him saying: you can boss me around, send me into death, but don't you dare talking rubbish about my car. Me being a car-nut can really appreciate that.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    First of all, as I've said a million times before, this thread is not in the Spoilers section. When you're talking about things that are not seen in the official trailers & TV spots.

Second, I don't think specials like that one are supposed to be in this thread. This is for trailers & TV spots. I'd say there should be a separate thread for specials.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'm still not watching that clip.
    doubleoego wrote:
    After watching that 10 minute clip I'm going to go out on a limb and make an announcement. I think SF is going to be better than CR. Make of that what you will but I have valid reasons fir believing so.

I really don't think we should get ahead of ourselves. SF looks good but I'm not gonna say it's better than CR until I've seen it, I don't want to be let down.

Talking directors: Mendes might have an Oscar for some arty farty film but Campbell is an action film director who when he was hired for CR, had already made one of the best Bond films (and Zorro was cool too), he seems like a better fit for Bond than Mendes does.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 371
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

lodgey.jpg
    lodge2.jpg

You missed the most obvious proof it's the same room, look at the light fittings on the walls.......

Edit, no you didn't I just didn't read it properly, but yeah, the light fittings are the clincher!
  • I'm watching the Alex Zane doc on Sky 007 there's lots of new footage and dialogue in it.
    I apologize. It appears it is indeed 'zat Skyfall'.

One last off-topic post, hope you don't mind...

(Is anything about Bond and SF actually off-topic here?)

I wrote a column on my blog about my concerns ahead of the release of SF. I welcome anyone who cares to read it and comment: http://ruderabbit.blogspot.com/

Most of you know my opinions, but this is not a scorched-earth rant - it's a respectful piece, I think, that sincerely puts forth my ambivalent feelings. Since that kind of debate doesn't really belong on MI6 right now, I'd enjoy hearing other points of view. You can let me have it. ;)

I probably won't post anything more here until after SF is released in the US. Then I will give my 'review' just like everyone else.

Happy Bond to all of you.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 229
    VeryBond wrote:
    One last off-topic post, hope you don't mind...

(Is anything about Bond and SF actually off-topic here?)

I wrote a column on my blog about my concerns ahead of the release of SF. I welcome anyone who cares to read it and comment: http://ruderabbit.blogspot.com/

Most of you know my opinions, but this is not a scorched-earth rant - it's a respectful piece, I think, that sincerely puts forth my ambivalent feelings. Since that kind of debate doesn't really belong on MI6 right now, I'd enjoy hearing other points of view. You can let me have it. ;)

I probably won't post anything more here until after SF is released in the US. Then I will give my 'review' just like everyone else.

Happy Bond to all of you.
    The same blabla again, sounds like the Craignotbond guy or gal. Most of us love his portrayal of Bond. And even some who don't like him first come to accept him. There are just a few people like you left who can't. So instead of crying again and again, just don't go see Bond movies starring Craig and wait till the producers cast another actor.
    There's no point in writing the same arguments over and over again.