Could Pierce Brosnan feasibly come back to do a Bond after Craig leaves?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Getafix wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    Let's face it, Dalts would turn up for the opening of an envelope these days. He's a bit desperate.

The nastiness comes through again (*sigh)

Sorry you Poor wean. I'll lay off your hero.

Hang on a sec... You're the one constantly dissing the Dalts on here.

Stop being so wet.

He is a theatre actor, and a minor film actor. To be honest, we find the true talent of an actor on the stage than on screen. It is a much more difficult art. I give Tim all the credit in the world for that. If that's your idea of a desperate man, then you may need to do a little research.
    Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

If I say these things it's only out of frustration that Dalts hasn't matured into the older actor I hoped he'd be.

He appears in total dreck these days. A promising career just went into a tailspin after Bond. Very sad.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Dalton's a stage actor at heart. You can just tell that's where he's more suited and ultimately where he's had the most success. Even in that pic, while he looks good, he still has a bit of the "thesp" quality about him.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Getafix wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    Let's face it, Dalts would turn up for the opening of an envelope these days. He's a bit desperate.

Stop being so wet.

He is a theatre actor, and a minor film actor. To be honest, we find the true talent of an actor on the stage than on screen. It is a much more difficult art. I give Tim all the credit in the world for that. If that's your idea of a desperate man, then you may need to do a little research.

He's hardly done a lot of stage work since Bond. I don't think he has realized his potential at all.

In my eyes he's a bit sad. He turns up at Bond premieres where half the people don't even know who he is and the other half know but don't care. He should stay away. It looks desperate.

I don't agree with your putting stage above screen acting either. They're very different but being good at one is not necessarily a sign of a better actor.
  • Sad?

He's a millionaire living in Hollywood who still gets some work so I'm sure he doesn't see it that way.

Why should he stay away from the premiere? It's the 50th and all the Bonds will probably be there, it's not like he goes to every one anyway, he's only been to DAD before.

And we won't have to worry about him getting work when he returns in Bond 24 will we ;)
    I thought he had done stage work?

Usually when he is on film he's in quite "stagey" roles.

I feel sorry for the bloke to tell the truth, he is a good actor but maybe he is just a bit too "thespy" in manner.
    Sad?

He's a millionaire living in Hollywood who still gets some work so I'm sure he doesn't see it that way.

Why should he stay away from the premiere? It's the 50th and all the Bonds will probably be there, it's not like he goes to every one anyway, he's only been to DAD before.

And we won't have to worry about him getting work when he returns in Bond 24 will we ;)

There are plenty of rich saddos in Hollywood.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I thought he had done stage work?

Usually when he is on film he's in quite "stagey" roles.

I feel sorry for the bloke to tell the truth, he is a good actor but maybe he is just a bit too "thespy" in manner.

I cannot find any record of him anywhere having had more than a handful of stage roles since Bond.

I know you think he's thespy and stagey etc. You say it in every post.
    Getafix wrote:
    Sad?

Would you consider Brozza as one of them? :))

I know I keep going on about Dalton's "stageyness" - I'm just trying to think of a reason why he hasn't had the opportunities others have.

I know I've said this before too but I'd put Dalts in the same category as someone like Charles Dance. Talanted but better suited to theatre and TV. When was the last time you saw Charles Dance in a lead role? :p
    And as the annoying spelling correction on iPad has just highlighted, thespy is 'the spy'
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    Sad?

Would you consider Brozza as one of them? :))

I know I keep going on about Dalton's "stageyness" - I'm just trying to think of a reason why he hasn't had the opportunities others have.

I dunno. Mel Gibson. John Travolta. Tom Cruise. The list is endless, isn't it?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Getafix wrote:
    I cannot find any record of him anywhere having had more than a handful of stage roles since Bond.

He's probably too busy swimming in his pool full of money like on Duck Tales (A-Woo-oo)

Tim is a quiet guy who keeps to himself- he's not in ten movies a year because he doesn't have to be. Although, I sure would love to see much more of him. I like the other post about him being the next Liam Neeson. Dalton's best work could still be ahead of him if he wants it to be
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Stop being so wet.

He's hardly done a lot of stage work since Bond. I don't think he has realized his potential at all.

In my eyes he's a bit sad. He turns up at Bond premieres where half the people don't even know who he is and the other half know but don't care. He should stay away. It looks desperate.

I don't agree with your putting stage above screen acting either. They're very different but being good at one is not necessarily a sign of a better actor.

Often times it can be. Film actors do a few takes and that's it. Stage actors have to perform most days a week and sometimes twice a day for up to a year or more depending on how long the the play lasts on stage. There is the added pressure of many many more looking at you on stage, and when you mess up a line you can't just have the director yell cut and run it again. It's tangible, right in front of you, and therefore more intimate and more demanding that film acting. I adoooooooooore film, it is just that stage acting seems to be more of a challenge for even the best actors, like Kevin Spacey, Peter O'Toole, Ian Mckellan, Patrick Stewart, and more.
  • Slap a wig on old Dalts - give him a shave - and get Tom Hardy's personal trainer on him for a year and he's good to go as Bond lol
    Answer to the question at hand: A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E.L.Y.

No further discussion necessary. Brosnan WILL return!
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    He looks like he could kill you.

timothydalton7.jpg

Just give him a wig like Connery and shave off the beard and he would still be the same...i mean i saw Tim in chuck and he probarly manages to be awesome at humour and deadly seriousness
  • So it's agreed, we all want Dalton back? Somebody get on the phone to EON!
    He's probably too busy swimming in his pool full of money like on Duck Tales

No Brosnan's time as Bond is done. It was almost painful to watch Moore in A View to A Kill/ and Connery in NSNA, and I would rather not go through that again. I think he could have come back for another one after DAD, but Craig took over and is doing well (Connery is still the Best though).
    002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

timothydalton7.jpg

Just give him a wig like Connery and shave off the beard and he would still be the same...i mean i saw Tim in chuck and he probarly manages to be awesome at humour and deadly seriousness

Don't say this in front of Bain. Apparently Dalts was hopeless at humor. Brozza was clearly much better.
    "He looks like he came to a dead end"

I'm sure EVERYONE in the cinema isles bursted into laughter. ;)

Dalton CAN be very funny. In Hot Fuzz he handles the humour very well and you could tell he was having fun. With Bond it was a mixed bag.
    IMO TLD has several of amusing lines/scenes. The opening PTS on the boat and the car chase to name a couple. remind me of one Brosnan line that I'm supposed to have found amusing?
    Getafix wrote:
    IMO TLD has several of amusing lines/scenes. The opening PTS on the boat and the car chase to name a couple. remind me of one Brosnan line that I'm supposed to have found amusing?

Ones I find amusing:

How original?
    Russian Minister of Transportation
    She always did enjoy a good squeeze
    In the end your just a bank robber...nothing more than a common thief
    I think we understand eachother
    No, after you (points gun at back) I insist
    He seems well suited for the job (the line sounds naff but Brozza makes it work)

I'm not saying Brosnans lines were comedy classics (some were terrible). But he did have slightly better timing when it came to "one liners". He did have a background in light comedy after all.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Ones I find amusing:

How original?
    Russian Minister of Transportation
    She always did enjoy a good squeeze
    In the end your just a bank robber...nothing more than a common thief
    I think we understand eachother
    No, after you (points gun at back) I insist
    He seems well suited for the job (the line sounds naff but Brozza makes it work)

I'm not saying Brosnans lines were comedy classics (some were terrible). But he did have slightly better timing when it came to "one liners". He did have a background in light comedy after all.

You honestly think so? Fair enough but I seriously don't see it.

'a good squeeze'? Come on...
  • 002 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

timothydalton7.jpg

He's aged amazingly well...here's how he looked in Chuck a couple of years ago:

alexei-volkoff?before=1339687051
    Would be nice to see him in a proper movie, given a meaty part. I get the impression he can't bothered to go for anything decent.

I sense a lack of confidence in Dalts actually. From his early rejections of Bond to the rubbish he's gone on to make since, he never seems to have had the self confidence to really go for it. During LTK he was talking about it being the last Bond movie. Hardly fighting talk.
    lets not forget Dalton was in The Tourist...oh god
    002 wrote:
    lets not forget Dalton was in The Tourist...oh god

I am the biggest Johnny Depp fan in the world, and love Timmy. But 'oh God' doesn't even begin to cover that piece of crap..
    Nice piece in today's Guardian about how amazing TLD is.

Apparently, according to this guy, Tim could even do funny. Surely not?

http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sgJ_lxhp4bRN0XkxrBkdEvQ/view.m?id=15&gid=film/2012/oct/05/living-daylights-favourite-bond-film&cat=film
    Getafix wrote:
    Would be nice to see him in a proper movie, given a meaty part. I get the impression he can't bothered to go for anything decent.

I sense a lack of confidence in Dalts actually. From his early rejections of Bond to the rubbish he's gone on to make since, he never seems to have had the self confidence to really go for it. During LTK he was talking about it being the last Bond movie. Hardly fighting talk.

Dalton IS quite a self conscious actor. You can just tell.

As is Brosnan in fairness.
    Dalton is funny outside of Bond, I just think maybe he knew that he wanted the character played straight and therefore he chose to keep the pun delivery tame.