Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Shardlake wrote:
    I liked the last 2 personally but we needed a big ballad for the 50th and from this preview it sounds very promising, seriously the best since TWINE someone said? That sleep inducing dirge!

I think this could be the best since TLD for me. I don't remember any of Brosnan apart from G.E sounding Bondian this certainly does, will look forward to hearing it full.

Yes, it is Garbage, isn't it? Do you see what I did there? =))
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Shardlake wrote:
    I liked the last 2 personally but we needed a big ballad for the 50th and from this preview it sounds very promising, seriously the best since TWINE someone said? That sleep inducing dirge!

I think this could be the best since TLD for me. I don't remember any of Brosnan apart from G.E sounding Bondian this certainly does, will look forward to hearing it full.

So AWTD is better than TWINE? Sorry I know lots of people on here don't like the Brosnan films but really? At least TWINE has a melody.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Shardlake wrote:

So AWTD is better than TWINE? Sorry I know lots of people on here don't like the Brosnan films but really? At least TWINE has a melody.

Yes it is in my personal opinion I might be a little biased being a big Jack White fan although AWTD is the worst thing he's ever released but I really hate TWINE it just so boring and sleep inducing.

I think the Arnold with Don Black get people thinking it's a classic but Garbage's delivery is dreary and uninteresting, AWTD starts off QOS with a bang and Jack White is more talented than Arnold, yeah I said it!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    I do aswell. I wonder how this one got leaked. Was it an official sample from a site. Or is this just a plain leak. ??? does anyone know.
    Sounds great and more Bondian than anything I've heard attached to a Bond film in ages. Can't wait to hear it in its entirety as it's definately building into a powerful climax.
  • gt007 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Anyone else get shivers when the Bond theme crept in?

Yes...I thought that was great...

Same here! So amazing!

And I'm sure the song gets even better later!

I have a feeling the full song will leak before Friday.

Indeed. I wasn't even expecting to hear this much, but once those gates open...
  • Shardlake wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:

Yes it is in my personal opinion I might be a little biased being a big Jack White fan although AWTD is the worst thing he's ever released but I really hate TWINE it just so boring and sleep inducing.

I think the Arnold with Don Black get people thinking it's a classic but Garbage's delivery is dreary and uninteresting, AWTD starts off QOS with a bang and Jack White is more talented than Arnold, yeah I said it!

I'm a big fan of Jack White too but apart from the cool riff at the start AWTD is awful from start to finish. TWINE sounds big and bold to me, not boring.
    I actually like this preview of 1.29 seconds, Adele does bring the excitement back for me when we talk themesongs.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited October 2012 Posts: 858
    RC7 wrote:
    Anyone else get shivers when the Bond theme crept in?
    Bond fans unite. I even felt "partiotic", despite being dutch ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Can one of you tech savvy chaps, make this sample downloadable?
    Already on it ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Cheers!
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    doubleoego wrote:

Our own Q-Branch is already on it, @doubleoego. ;)

Just don't know where to upload it.
  • gt007 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Our own Q-Branch is already on it, @doubleoego. ;)

Just don't know where to upload it.

Not to mention Marketto probably has it mirrored eighty different places now.

Enjoy!

Ooowh! My! God! And indeed...God heard my wishes! THIS is what I mean with a James Bond title song! I think it's time for a second Bond song hitting number one in the charts. And I think that could very well be 'Let The Sky Fall'. Oscar-material!!
  • the theme must change , theres only so many times you can say skyfall throught the theme lol. i wish it was friday.
  • I am wondering if using the Bond theme in the song automatically disqualifies the song for an oscar nomination as it uses material previously published. Just a thought...
    Enjoy!

Ooowh! My! God! And indeed...God heard my wishes! THIS is what I mean with a James Bond title song! I think it's time for a second Bond song hitting number one in the charts. And I think that could very well be 'Let The Sky Fall'. Oscar-material!!

This song is going to be a hit.
  • TWINE had a romantic theme going on that did not suit Garbage's style. I'm sure if Adele herself sang the TWINE tune it would be 100 times better.
    @Germanylady what do you think of the track?
    doubleoego wrote:

You can record it while playing it on your computer.
    TWINE had a romantic theme going on that did not suit Garbage's style. I'm sure if Adele herself sang the TWINE tune it would be 100 times better.

I like it as it is. It's my favorite of the Brozzer era. Not better than YKMN though.
  • Wow just heard the sample wow Bond songs are back. Thanks Martin made my day.
  • Based on the 90 sec sample I've heard, I have to say BIG disappointment. Is this the best they could do for the 50th. My initial response is that this song is just dull. Yes there are a few Barryisms in the orchestration but that isn't enough in my opinion. The melody is just so bloody bland. I'll reserve further comment until I've listened to the complete song at the end of the week. But I'm not impressed so far.
  • When she sings "we will stand tall, and face it all, together", could she be foreshadowing the fact that Bond and M will have to "stand tall" and face the threat posed by Silva "together"?
  • For some reason I feel like the lyrics have something to do with Bond & M.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,310
    I'm also getting a bit of a GoldenEye feel to it, maybe it is the slower pace of the song?
    edited October 2012 Posts: 858

;)
    MartinBond wrote:

;)
    Well that was quick wasn't it??? You can bet I'm buying this one as soon as it's available. I live in the States, I'm hoping it's going to be available on October 5th also?
    SJK91 wrote:
    This song is going to be a hit.

Yup, it is going to be a hit. I simply adore it. It's like a sultry mixture of 'Moonraker', but then simply better. What Chris Cornell, Jack White and Alicia Keys couldn't do, Adele can do easily: Become part of the 'Hollywood Walk of Bond Song Fame', together with Dame Bassey, Carly Simon, Nancy Sinatra and Sheena Easton. I am astonished. Really....shocked actually, how much I like this song!!