The Bond Fragrance

Comments

• SkySmell.
  • is this in the Netherlands ?
    MartinBond wrote:
    7954791154_531cc99ce0_b.jpg

7954790986_44f241c46d_b.jpg

7954790844_38990351ed_b.jpg

It's 3 different "sizes" of eau de toilette, a deodorant, aftershave and shower gel. prices vary from 9,99 for the deodorant to 38,- for the eau de toilette. And yes, I can have the promo boxes once they are finished with it :D

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ok, so I just spent £56 on a 120ml bottle of the eau de toillet, the deodrant and the shower gel of this. I'm a happy camper!
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    It is indeed the Netherlands, @themanfrombrussels.
    Good luck finding it in the store though:

007fragrance1200.jpg

:D

got 2 of the boxes wich are going in storage, very pleased with it after looking at a QoS DVD tray for 4 years. ;)
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 555
    MartinBond wrote:

Love that the gentleman taking this shot (reflection) is suited up. Definately a Bond fan.

In fact, with his head in shadows, he looks like he was ripped straight from this ad campaign.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    MartinBond wrote:

Love that the gentleman taking this shot (reflection) is suited up. Definately a Bond fan.

In fact, with his head in shadows, he looks like he was ripped straight from this ad campaign.

I agree. In fact I would go further and bet Bond fans, both men and women, are very probably the classiest looking fans in the world :>

How lucky you were @MartinBond, I only got a poster at a shop, better than nothing I suppose.
    Just seen the first TV spot for this during the advert break on Sky news. My day off Friday so i am gonna flirt with some counter staff and see if i can blag some promotional boxes! And also see if there are testers for the fragrance? B-)
  • Anybody remember 007 body spray, got it for christmas in the early 90's it stunk worse than George Lazenby attempting an accent!
    MartinBond wrote:
    It is indeed the Netherlands, @themanfrombrussels.
    Good luck finding it in the store though:

007fragrance1200.jpg

:D

got 2 of the boxes wich are going in storage, very pleased with it after looking at a QoS DVD tray for 4 years. ;)

looks good with your colour scheme in the room

=D>
  • Love the James Bond Car Collection cars on the shelf behind. There are so many of them in the collection that they are even popping up in shop window displays!
  • Well, now we can discuss the Bond Pong as well as the Bond Song.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    A really bad idea.

Whilst I have not actually smelt this, the very idea of a Bond branded fragrance makes my skin crawl.

If you want to smell masculine, sexy and elegant, there are a whole range of fragrances you can opt for.

Personally, I prefer to go for a parfum over an EDT - they last longer and are more complex.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    A really bad idea.

Whilst I have not actually smelt this, the very idea of a Bond branded fragrance makes my skin crawl.

If you want to smell masculine, sexy and elegant, there are a whole range of fragrances you can opt for.

Personally, I prefer to go for a parfum over an EDT - they last longer and are more complex.

I'm a snob when it comes to fragrances but let me tell you: this smells great! Don't be put off just because it's Bond branded, it's one of the best male fragrances I have smelled in recent years.
    ordered the gift set for just 20£ today
    I found the set on sale at my local perfume shop.the lady behind the counter was kind enough to let me try it out..smells decent enough and at a price of 23 euros i cant complain! although i now know what everybody is going to get me for xmas.. at least it beats those lynx sets.
  • 00Zenon00Zenon Perth, Australia
    Is this only available online?
    I've asked at my local store, but to no avail...
    :(
    Sandy wrote:
    I'm a snob when it comes to fragrances but let me tell you: this smells great! Don't be put off just because it's Bond branded, it's one of the best male fragrances I have smelled in recent years.

I'm now intrigued @Sandy. Can you give me a breakdown on it? What are the notes and the dry-down like?

I tend to go for fragrances with quite masculine smells: Vetiver, tabacco, black pepper etc. I wear Tom Ford's Bois Marocain and Le Labo's Vetiver if that give you an indication of what I like. Is this similar?

doubleoego wrote:
    I only wear bleu de Chanel but I'll give this a go as a one off. It's better than spending thousands on a gimmicky 007 inscribed omega watch. Besides, 40 odd pounds is chump change anyway.

I swear by the new fragrances by Comme des Garçons:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14059&d=1340138169&stc=1

I also have 'Sun' by Jil Sander for the rather warm weekends in October here in Barcelona. And for work I use 'Homme Wood' by Kenzo:

KEW17M.jpg

Aaah, well, and for fun I might actually buy the 007 fragrance :-P. I smelled it and it's really good. Didn't expect it, but then again it's a Proctor & Gamble product.
    is this in the Netherlands ?
    MartinBond wrote:

7954790986_44f241c46d_b.jpg

7954790844_38990351ed_b.jpg

It's 3 different "sizes" of eau de toilette, a deodorant, aftershave and shower gel. prices vary from 9,99 for the deodorant to 38,- for the eau de toilette. And yes, I can have the promo boxes once they are finished with it :D

Sjee, this new James Bond film 'Skyfall' is really creating some 'Thunderball'-esque James Bond Mania :-P.
    Sandy wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:

I agree. In fact I would go further and bet Bond fans, both men and women, are very probably the classiest looking fans in the world :>
    Love the James Bond Car Collection cars on the shelf behind. There are so many of them in the collection that they are even popping up in shop window displays!
    largo2 wrote:
    looks good with your colour scheme in the room

=D>

First of all, I am humbled by your kind words :) It's not easy for a student to try and get a bit of Bond in your life, but I try the best I can.

I won a 50ml golden limited edition bottle at Bond Day, for those who haven't seen it yet:

A little off topic, but I'm thinking of trying out CDG's 2Man. Thoughts?
    00Zenon wrote:
    Is this only available online?
    I've asked at my local store, but to no avail...
    :(
    They sell them in boots and the perfume shop over here in ireland so im pretty sure you can find them easy!
    They should make it smell like the smell of a ppk after it's been fired. :)
    edited October 2012 Posts: 864
    I would consider buying this if it DIDN'T have the Bond branding. No way I want someone walking into my bathroom and spotting a 007 bottle of fragrance next to my Creed.

Also, I don't want to ever EVER answer the question "what fragrance are you wearing" with "James Bond, 007". If you ever have to say that, people will think you're an idiot and no girl is ever gonna want to jump into bed with a guy that says that.
    If you ever have to say that, people will think you're an idiot and no girl is ever gonna want to jump into bed with a guy that says that.

If said girl judges you by your eau de cologne you shouldn't jump in bed with her in the first place...
    edited October 2012 Posts: 864
    MartinBond wrote:
    If you ever have to say that, people will think you're an idiot and no girl is ever gonna want to jump into bed with a guy that says that.

If said girl judges you by your eau de cologne you shouldn't jump in bed with her in the first place...

I was meaning it's more likely that you'll come off as a Bond nerd rather than the cool, sophisticated man about town your fragrance is trying to project.

"Allow myself to introduce...myself. My name's Ritchie Cunningham and this is my wife...Oprah."

MartinBond wrote:

I was meaning it's more likely that you'll come off as a Bond nerd rather than the cool, sophisticated man about town your fragrance is trying to project.

"Allow myself to introduce...myself. My name's Ritchie Cunningham and this is my wife...Oprah."

Can't you be both a Bond nerd and a style guru....like me? I mean, that's the advantage our franchise has no? If you're a Trekkie, you put on Trekkie-clothes, from Picard's uniform to Spock's ears. If you're a Bond nerd, you put on Bond's clothes and brands. From Tom Ford to Jil Sander. Or at least....stuff that is trendsetting, classy and elegant.
    Bond nerd or not, I think it's nothing to be ashamed of. When people ask me what fragrance I have, even if they can guess the answer I still reply with "the Bond one" even though I have plenty other ones lying around. I'm proud of being a fan, and people around me have learnt te respect and even enjoy it. ;)
    MartinBond wrote:
    Bond nerd or not, I think it's nothing to be ashamed of. When people ask me what fragrance I have, even if they can guess the answer I still reply with "the Bond one" even though I have plenty other ones lying around. I'm proud of being a fan, and people around me have learnt te respect and even enjoy it. ;)

Same with me.....allthough I need to lower down the volume of my new Sony Home Cinema Set. I guess the neighbours are getting bit tired of 'Skyfalllll' hehe.

in-ears are your friend, I've listened to Skyfall about a dozen times when it came out at 1:07 local time.
This discussion has been closed.