The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Benny, how did you know of this Lenny Rabin? I'm intrigued.

As for the new question, one part has me stumped so I'll let someone else answer. :)
    I found the Lenny Rabin association with the Bond series whilst hunting around imdb oneday.
    It was for the old thread about actors who've appeared in more than one Bond film. Kind of discovered it by mistake. A little research and I believe he was a friend of Cubby Broccoli.
    I think the suggested plot was something about diverting Halley's Comet and David Bowie was asked to play Max Zorin but I really have no idea about the original title I'll just opt for 'From A view To A Kill' though I wager it may be something more original than that!
    That's the answer I was looking for saunders.
    Well done my good man. Over to you.

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Thankyou Benny though sadly getting the answer right for this one dosen't take away my bitter taste of failure regarding your great Lenny Rabin question. :)

Okay I'm opting for a fairly straightforward one this time as I think my computers on it's death bed and can't guarantee I'll be online for too much longer:

What do DAF, TMWTGG, AVTAK and TLD all have in common?
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    John Barry scores?
    Saunders, I'm assuming it is something that those 4 films have in common that does not share with any other Bond films?
    edited May 2011 Posts: 987
    That's right jaguar007, it's something visual that dosen't appear in the other films (though I suppose MR could possibly be included with the four).

I'm going to add a clue to try and get this one moving:

It's a question about people...well not really people as such

Hope this helps. ;-)
    They All Have Horses in them?????

(Yes its a reboot!)
    I don't think so, Virage. Otherwise, GF would have been mentioned as well.
    As i said yes its a reboot
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    There's lasers?
    No correct guesses so far.

I'm sure someone must be able to 'figure' this one out... :)
    Figures as in "wax figures"? I know about the one in TMWTGG and the ones in TLD, but for now, I'm drawing a blank on the other two.
    Well done Gerard:

In the DAF PTS you had the three wax models of Blofelds face representing various stages of the plastic surgery procedure.

In TMWTGG you had the Roger Moore wax figure (among others) in Scaramanga's fun-house.

In Moonraker you had the wax figure being melted by a laser in Q's South American lab.

In AVTAK you had a whole selection of wax figure riders with their horses in Zorins horse auction.

And yes in TLD you had Brad Whittaker's waxwork hall of 'great butchers'.

Anyway good work Gerard over to you.
    All right, here's a double question, but an easy one (cross my heart and all that):

Apart from London, which european city Bond has visited the most? And which non-european city has he visited the most?
    Venice
    Bahamas (Nassau)
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 5,772
    Right on the first one, but not the one I was thinking about for the second one. It's true that Bond has been in the Bahamas three times, but AFAIK, LTK didn't have any scene in Nassau. Think much further East.
    Edit: I should have said "In the official series". So NSNA doesn't count.
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 638
    Hong Kong? HE has been there 3 times, he has also been to Florida 3 times, but not the same city.
    Exactly, Jaguar. Bond has been in Venice three times (FRWL, MR and CR '06), and three times in Hong Kong (YOLT, TMWTGG and DAD).

Over to You.
    Thanks.

Here is a fairly easy one

Apart from the normal cast, what does TMWTGG, OP and AVTAK have in common.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Maud Adams.
    yep, over to you Samuel
    edited May 2011 Posts: 13,350
    OK, what do the film versions of From Russia With Love, The Man With The Golden Gun, The Living Daylights and Quantum Of Solace have in common?
    The books or films
    The books or films
    Sorry, perhaps I should have said. The films.

Afterall, two are short stories when in book form.
    Well, the name of the thread is "The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz"
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Is it something to do with the plot of all four movies involving the intended, attempted or successful assassination of either Bond or one or more members of MI6...?
    Is it something to do with the plot of all four movies involving the intended, attempted or successful assassination of either Bond or one or more members of MI6...?
    No, that's no where near the correct answer.

I want to be clear, as I'm struggling to think up some clues for when the time comes.
    I was thinking that it might be that all 4 movies had links to natural energy sources ...the sun for Scaramanga's Laser, The Gas pipeline that Koskov escapes through, and the oil that bond makes Greene drink but then I couldn't think of one for FRWL
    Double Crossing

FRWL Tatiana to the russians
    TMWTGG: Scalamanga to Hi Fat
    TLDL: Koskov to EVERYONE
    QOS: Mitchell to M, Camille to Greene
    No and no.

One clue that might help (hopefully a lot!) is that the answer has to do with James Bond.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    OK, what do the film versions of From Russia With Love, The Man With The Golden Gun, The Living Daylights and Quantum Of Solace have in common?
    They represented the second appearance by 4 different Bond actors apart from TLD which wasn't :-D