The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    From the snow into the sand. And back to serious again, spying properly. Tangiers. Except for our self-obsessed arms dealer. I somehow likee him as a villain.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Poor Saunders, first a concert, now the opera.
    Ok, this I don't get. The girl Puskin says goodbye to (kisses) has very short hair. But his girlfriend definately has very long hair.
    The CIA girls are not very attractive either if you ask me. Bringing him to the worst Leiter in history.
    The famous soviet Lockheed 130 hercules. Almost as good ass the Mig 28.
    edited May 17 Posts: 8,043
    And a Soviet Fouga Magister too.
    'women'. And off they go after the convoy.
    Why doesn't Bond shoot Georgi when he grabs the ak47? He's shooting to miss.
    Ok, this I don't get. The girl Puskin says goodbye to (kisses) has very short hair. But his girlfriend definately has very long hair.

That's actress Virginia Hey, she's in 'Mad Max 2'.
    I believe her hair is tied back when he says goodbye to her!
    Love that confrontation scene with Pushkin, one of the best sequences in the series!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Love that confrontation scene with Pushkin, one of the best sequences in the series!

I thought so too, but it really looks like a very short cut. Probably a stand-in. Yes, the confrontations and talks in this film belong to the best in the series.

Kara just boarded the Soviet C130
    the fight on the net is epic, even after seeing it countless times

I thought so too, but it really looks like a very short cut. Probably a stand-in. Yes, the confrontations and talks in this film belong to the best in the series.

I'll check it out next time I watch it! But I just remembered her hair is tied up again after Bond 'shoots' Pushkin!

I'll check it out next time I watch it! But I just remembered her hair is tied up again after Bond 'shoots' Pushkin!

tat's right, it is. but when he says goodbeye to her when we see Bond in Tangier for the first time, spying on Puskin, it is short.

tat's right, it is. but when he says goodbeye to her when we see Bond in Tangier for the first time, spying on Puskin, it is short.

Maybe its Blofeld ala DAF?? 😂
    No place to land. except for the lovely road they end up on whilst dropping out of the plane....

Maybe its Blofeld ala DAF?? 😂

I was thinking thee same thing....
    Whitaker meets Wellington. Nic headbutt from the latter.
    And we're at the Moore-esque ending. Thank you for reading, see you next time! ;-)
    Nice one @CommanderRoss
    Its one Bond movie I haven't done a comments along, mainly cos I dont like to miss any of it while I'm typing!! Its a tremendous film, and Dalton is sublime in it! So many great scenes, and Barrys last score for Cubby after all those years! Great stuff!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Am I th only one who doesn't find the yacht girl attractive?
    She has a mature face and a fit body. Personally, I would just change the hairstyle.
    Love the almosy 80 degrees corners in the gas pipeline. As if the 'pig' could make a turn like that.
    Yeah, I always smirk at that. Reminds me of those dangerous rides at amusement parks:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KnZnTpiW16A/maxresdefault.jpg
    Gadgets that actually make sense. The key ring finder. The were popular for what, 5 years, then dissapeared again?
    I remember playing with one back in the day, it was black and rectangular with a few bright colours added. Maybe it was the Echo Key.
    Ha! If I was Saunders, I would've split. Whoops! Too soon?

Wish the films would delve back into that Cold War vibe, a bit of communist and military flavour.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Am I th only one who doesn't find the yacht girl attractive?
    She has a mature face and a fit body. Personally, I would just change the hairstyle.
    Love the almosy 80 degrees corners in the gas pipeline. As if the 'pig' could make a turn like that.
    Yeah, I always smirk at that. Reminds me of those dangerous rides at amusement parks:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KnZnTpiW16A/maxresdefault.jpg
    Gadgets that actually make sense. The key ring finder. The were popular for what, 5 years, then dissapeared again?
    I remember playing with one back in the day, it was black and rectangular with a few bright colours added. Maybe it was the Echo Key.
    Ha! If I was Saunders, I would've split. Whoops! Too soon?

Wish the films would delve back into that Cold War vibe, a bit of communist and military flavour.
    Yes, she's mature, but just not attractive. But it might also be the amount of make-up that puts me off. 'cause the same goes for the CIA girls.

Tbh I think it's an underrated film, probably because of the seriousness being interspersed with silly jokes, especially during the action scenes. Without those the film would definitely be in my top 5. I think Tim does an excellent job, and it's one of the most solid stories. I don't need megalomaniac villains, just a real threat. And danger there is enough.
    @Mathis1 thanks!
    I dont believe TLD is underrated, I think its highly regarded as a real Ian Fleming James Bond film, and Dalton as an excellent 007, the very best imo, and some of the more lighter moments, which was probably a decision by Cubby and Co not to stray too far from what was expected from a Bond movie of the Moore era. Maybe if there was a longer gap between AVTAK and the new film, they could have promoted it as a reboot, and went darker to suit Daltons interpretation of the character? Having said that I dont mind those lighter moments and TLD remains forever in my top 3, along with the equally superb LTK, and the sublime OHMSS!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    TLD underrated?! :)) Yeah, and Hugo Drax smoked cigarettes.

It's a 'Top 3' film - not at the top of the Top 3 films but the third one down from the top, at the bottom of the trio.
    I'm back again...........older and wiser........just like Bond himself in
    NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN.

I'm a rare fan who actually likes this astonishingly cheesy song playing over the opening sequence.

What a complete dump of a place, Bond just infiltrated. I love that it was an abandoned building used. Great stuff. I also love Bond's attire here.
    Here we go..........Fatima's introduction. I love Barbara Carrera here. An excellent casting choice for this role.
    The other day I started to show my fiancee, DAD as it and SP are the only 2 Bonds she hasn't seen. I got burned out after the Blades fencing sequence so we're going to finish it later in life. She felt the pacing was slow and really didn't care for Jinx.
    She does love NSNA, though and especially DAF.
    Dandelion Salad...........I should try that sometime.
    The Fatima/Pettachi sequence. I remember this in the cinema.
    Bond in the gym working out. When I started middle school I learned we had to bring gym clothes: either shorts and at T-shirt or a sweatsuit. I chose a gray sweat suit because of this sequence.
    This fight scene feels like an homage to the Oddjob fight.
    The Bond/Fatima introduction. I love the flirtation here. When I watched the Bond/Jinx equivalent scene recently, it felt too forced and awkward.
    Bond and Valerie Leon get it on.
    ...........and the soothing sounds of Michel Legrand as the film segues to France.
    Bond at the video arcade! I have a strong nostalgia for 1983.