The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I love the Domination scene.
  • edited May 22 Posts: 15,907
    I vividly remember this scene in the cinema. The graphics were very bright and Connery's face looked chiseled.
    The motorcycle chase is fun. Although many may disagree, considering the type of Bond movie this is, I think it has just the right amount of action. The stunt work isn't too over the top and this particular chase doesn't run on too long. Plus, the confrontation with Fatima is a good conclusion to this scene.

Bond gets sucked into the Flying Saucer and Felix gets left behind. LOL
    The striped bathrobe and towel combo Bond wears is hilarious. :D
    .......time for Domino's favorite song.
    Largo is furious. Would be nice to someday see the deleted lunch scene.
    Bond knocking out the guard as he escapes Palmyra got a huge laugh in the cinema.
    The Tears of Allah climax is rather Indiana Jones in it's look.
    Although it's not an amazing ending, I do like this climax more than many of the newer films, TBH.
    Excellent viewing. This hit the spot for tonight.
    Nice one @ToTheRight
    NSNA is very enjoyable! Some comments, Barbara Carrera steals the movie, it loses some oomph when she dies! The fight scene could have been better, tighter, they had Pat Roach who had some great fights with Indiana Jones ( I do love that moment when Bond descends the stairs and peeps out with a look as to say, how am I going to beat this guy? The climax is very 'Raiders' but they pretty much had the same crew, even down to Douglas Slocumbe on cinematography!
    I haven't done a comments along in a while, very busy lately, may squeeze one in over June Bank Holiday!
  • edited May 22 Posts: 893
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Although it's not an amazing ending, I do like this climax more than many of the newer films, TBH.

The climax goes fast enough and it doesn't need two or three epilogues.

The motorcycle chase is fun. Although many may disagree, considering the type of Bond movie this is, I think it has just the right amount of action. The stunt work isn't too over the top and this particular chase doesn't run on too long. Plus, the confrontation with Fatima is a good conclusion to this scene.

It has a little more action than Goldfinger and it works well.

The tone of the movie is right. It's almost a miracle if you think about it. Indiana Jones' latest movies show that it is not easy to get the right tone.

Mathis1 wrote: »
    Nice one @ToTheRight
    NSNA is very enjoyable! Some comments, Barbara Carrera steals the movie, it loses some oomph when she dies! The fight scene could have been better, tighter, they had Pat Roach who had some great fights with Indiana Jones ( I do love that moment when Bond descends the stairs and peeps out with a look as to say, how am I going to beat this guy? The climax is very 'Raiders' but they pretty much had the same crew, even down to Douglas Slocumbe on cinematography!
    I haven't done a comments along in a while, very busy lately, may squeeze one in over June Bank Holiday!

Thanks, @Mathis1. I love that moment during the Shriblands fight. Bond has to use his ingenuity to defeat Roach and he seems a bit overwhelmed.

The climax goes fast enough and it doesn't need two or three epilogues.

It has a little more action than Goldfinger and it works well.

The tone of the movie is right. It's almost a miracle if you think about it. Indiana Jones' latest movies show that it is not easy to get the right tone.

Yes. In some ways, I feel the film captured some of the tone of GOLDFINGER, even moreso that THUNDERBALL. It always felt like a Bond movie to me, even without the bells and whistles of an Eon production.
    Watching the great DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER with my fiancee now. This is her fave Bond movie so far.

We're at the Mustang chase. It's pretty funny.
    Controversial opinion: I think Connery looks GREAT in DIamonds Are Forever!
    I love Bond mountaineering outside The Whyte House.
    Bond on the can. Yellow TP.
    Charles Gray is an underrated Blofeld, IMO. I think he's superb.
    I love the oil rig climax.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City

How are things going @ToTheRight? Well I hope.

PS: We'll have to agree to disagree about DAF. Believe it or not, DAF was the first Bond movie I bought when I first got a VCR back in 1982 - and I still have it. But over the years, it continues to slide down my personal rankings. Anyway, enjoy the rest of the film, I watching KING KONG (1933) right now.
    Dwayne wrote: »

How are things going @ToTheRight? Well I hope.

PS: We'll have to agree to disagree about DAF. Believe it or not, DAF was the first Bond movie I bought when I first got a VCR back in 1982 - and I still have it. But over the years, it continues to slide down my personal rankings. Anyway, enjoy the rest of the film, I watching KING KONG (1933) right now.

Things are great! DAF was the first Bond I taped from the television ABC Sunday Night Movie. Strong nostalgia for this one.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Great viewing of DAF. :D
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Hahaha it's always good to enjoy a Bond-film, even if it isn't the best. It's always the best while you're watching it anyway.
    Bank Holiday here in Ireland. So a Bond movie has to watched! It's the law! 😁
    I noticed DAF is on telly tonight, but my Comments as you watch will be......
    YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (1967)
    I really miss the opening UA logo!
    Dodgy opening space scene in pts, though Barrys music compensates!
    "Unidentified object closing fast!" Was it Kevin McClory??
    The opening spacecraft reminds me of those pencils where the lead is gripped at the front!
    Our man in Hong Kong!
    Love the villains literally pumping bullets into Bonds bed!