James Bond Diecast Cars (All Brands).

1131415161719»

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    There's a fella on AJB who made his own models from NTTD (including the Range Rover and Land Cruiser) and did an amazing job you couldn't distinguish from the originals!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yeah, some of those guys go all out and make the bases to look in the same style and do the magazine covers too. Very talented chaps.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Has anyone seen or heard about the Corgi Q-Glider that was teased in Jan of this yr?
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Saw on their Facebook page that Mini GT 1/64 are teasing plenty of 1/64 Bond diecast vehicles from the DB5 to the Jaguar to the BMW. Very detailed for it's size and with working gadgets. Giving Hot Wheels a run for their money. Looking forward to their release.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Has anyone seen or heard about the Corgi Q-Glider that was teased in Jan of this yr?

The 007 Store and Corgi have it for preorder:

https://uk.corgi.co.uk/products/james-bond-q-glider-no-time-die-cc03601
    Agent_99 wrote: »

The 007 Store and Corgi have it for preorder:

https://uk.corgi.co.uk/products/james-bond-q-glider-no-time-die-cc03601

Need to produce more new models like this as opposed to continually reproducing the DB5!
    Any word on the Q-Glider? Should be in the air this minute, I would think.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 9 Posts: 15,124
    As Imran mentioned above, Mini GT's 1:64 range is shaping up well:

C4CPDVVG31PY.jpg

X2BN7APG6ITP.jpg

L76GPLCKFD3C.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/minigtofficial

(Although I hope they sort out that incorrect bodykit on the Aston V8)
    edited May 9 Posts: 14,041
    Yes! We need Hinx' Jag.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 9 Posts: 15,124
    If their promo graphic is anything to go by the list of planned vehicles is:

AMC Hornet
    Aston DB5 (GF)
    Aston DB5 (NTTD)
    Aston DBS (OHMSS)
    Aston V8
    Aston Vanquish
    Aston DBS (CR)
    Aston DBS (QoS)
    Aston DB10
    Aston DBS Superleggera (NTTD)
    BMW Z3
    BMW 750i
    BMW Z8
    Citroen 2CV
    Ford Mustang (GF)
    Ford Mustang (DAF)
    Jaguar XKR
    Jaguar CX75
    Land Rover Defender (SP)
    Lotus Esprit S1
    Lotus Esprit S1 submarine
    Lotus Turbo Esprit (white)
    Lotus Turbo Esprit (red)
    Toyota 2000GT
    Tuk tuk

ME17KQO1_o.jpg
    They look great. No Bondola in sight though. Maybe I'll just skirt the issue.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm clearly a rookie when it comes to these but I have picked up a few Johnny Lightning/Hot Wheels Bond variants over the past year or two as I've found them out in the wild. I'll never do anything with them but keep them on my shelf but they're great.

I was at a thrift shop this past weekend that had a stupid amount of them but I didn't feel like dropping $10-12 each on them.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes, no Bondola I'm afraid. A Tuk Tuk at least though, so that should shake them off.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Still waiting for a transformable Lotus Esprit where the wheels fold in and fins come out.
    For me, I'd love to get a decent model of the Kenworth truck from LTK!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    What scale did you want it in?
    QBranch wrote: »

I have a lot of the models from the 'James Bond Car collection' series, and was hoping they would do the Kenworth truck, to me it would seem to be the main vehicle of that film, and was tailor made to do, and was expecting a detailed model, with an impressive exploding vista behind it, but they never included it, only some minor vehicles from the film. Corgi did do a rather small, plain model, but it wouldn't look too impressive with the rest of my collection! As far as I know, there isn't a model available, or maybe someone here can prove me wrong?

I have a lot of the models from the 'James Bond Car collection' series, and was hoping they would do the Kenworth truck, to me it would seem to be the main vehicle of that film, and was tailor made to do, and was expecting a detailed model, with an impressive exploding vista behind it, but they never included it, only some minor vehicles from the film. Corgi did do a rather small, plain model, but it wouldn't look too impressive with the rest of my collection! As far as I know, there isn't a model available, or maybe someone here can prove me wrong?

There was one in the Matchbox LTK box set (contemporary with the film) and I think they released it separately too, but AFAIK there's not a current/recent release :(

I'm rolling my own with one of these (haven't started on it yet):
    https://www.revell.de/en/products/modelmaking/revell-usa/cars-trucks-usa/kenworth-w900.html?listtype=search&searchparam=kenworth

Proud of this little chap too:

https://x.com/Huskyteer/status/1599480546270203904

Top of my wishlist is the Bede Acrostar Jet, diecast or kit, I don't mind!
    Agent_99 wrote: »

There was one in the Matchbox LTK box set (contemporary with the film) and I think they released it separately too, but AFAIK there's not a current/recent release :(

I'm rolling my own with one of these (haven't started on it yet):
    https://www.revell.de/en/products/modelmaking/revell-usa/cars-trucks-usa/kenworth-w900.html?listtype=search&searchparam=kenworth

Proud of this little chap too:

https://x.com/Huskyteer/status/1599480546270203904

Top of my wishlist is the Bede Acrostar Jet, diecast or kit, I don't mind!

Yes, that matchbox one was the one I was referring to!
    Fair play to you on the modelwork, be interested to see the finished article!
    Got an email from Corgi yesterday:
    Great news! Your James Bond - Q Glider ‘No Time To Die’ pre-order has arrived at our warehouse and will shortly be prepared for dispatch.

:D
    edited May 18 Posts: 14,041
    I got the email about the glider; should have it in two weeks. Who will be the first to hang it up against a cloudy backdrop?
    I agree that the tanker is the 'main vehicle', or the most iconic in that film. The thing about that Eaglemoss collection was they weren't really going for the larger trucks like semis. The Texron tanker (and 'pushback' that it nearly collides with) would've been awesome to have as well.

If they chose to do the Kenworth for that 2007 line-up, I suspect they would've removed the fuel load and just had the cab, and scaled it down to fit in the acrylic case, much like the GE tank was scaled down a bit. Maybe the tanker is seen falling off the cliff on the diorama backdrop card. Maybe the semi would be fixed up on its rear wheels. Who knows? In the end, we might've been more satisfied with the Corgi tanker, which seems to be the largest one available. I am interested in buying that one. I do have the smaller Matchbox set - the tanker looks great.

Past this, the next step would be to ask around on the AJB forum or a hobby forum, as there are several talented people who customize the Bond cars that weren't released, and they even create a mock-up front page of the magazine! If you could get ahold of the same semi in the scale you desire and paint it ivory/cream, one of us could do the decals for you.

EDIT: So that Corgi Kenworth looks to be the same scale as the Matchbox version. I thought it was bigger. There are heaps of 1:43 cabs you could modify, but the tankers are more cylindrical than oval. It's a bit frustrating innit.
    I got the email about the glider; should have it in two weeks. Who will be the first to hang it up against a cloudy backdrop?

Got mine! The thing opens like a switchblade and should probably be classed as an offensive weapon.

GNze6EwWIAEeFUN.jpg
  • edited May 20 Posts: 5,838
    What are its mesurements ? Preferably in metric ? Pretty please ?
    Great pic, @Agent_99. Yeah, it looks decent. So, the wingspan is 42cm?
    Nose to tail it's just short of 15cm. Wingtip to wingtip is indeed 42cm!
    That's very decent, and just over half the width of my display shelf. Looking forward to taking some pics.