The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

1736737738739740742»

Comments

DR. NO

I'm back and ready for a Fleming style Bond. Jamaica it is.
    My fiancee bought me a new Blu-ray player for my birthday.

Damn this looks good. I'm on the titles...........three blind mice.

I've actually got a Connery collection DVD version in.

I really love this film and it's 1962 vibe. Everyone looks classic........especially Strangways.
    This Blu-ray player........a SONY has streaming apps and picture setting adjustments.
    Everybody has cool hair in this one............especially the guy that says "I'm looking for Mr James Bond"

There's our hero. Connery looking great here.
    My future wife turned in early tonight.....so I snuck down here and popped in a Bond. She loves these films, and her tastes are extraordinary. She favors the fun filled films the most, DAF, MR and yet so far has QoS as her favorite Craig film.
    Connery is her favorite.
    I love this M scene.
    I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer the original mono audio track when watching the Connery films.
    I love the way M's office is lit.
    I laos love Bond's flat.

Stock footage of Seattle, Washington as the Pan Am plane lands at SeaTac airport.
    At a 35mm screening 24 years ago, I remember the host labeling the airport as Boeing prior to the screening, but it's actually SeaTac.

I've had countless copies of the Bond films over the decades, all with slight differences in the transfers. I remember there were 2 distinct releases of the CBS/FOX home video VHS DR NO. One was squeezed throughout and had a grainier picture. The other a crisper transfer.
    Bond's meeting with Felix is great.
    Prof Dent, I think is an underrated villain. Anthony Dawson is superb.
    Bond pukes.
    I love the car chase with the three blind mice.
    The Prof Dent scene is classic.
  • edited April 25 Posts: 2,081
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I've had countless copies of the Bond films over the decades, all with slight differences in the transfers. I remember there were 2 distinct releases of the CBS/FOX home video VHS DR NO. One was squeezed throughout and had a grainier picture. The other a crisper transfer.

Was that CBS/FOX release the rumored "unrated" cut of the film? There was an old Internet myth about that specific release containing an unedited version of Bond killing Dent. I haven't found anything of it since.
  • edited April 25 Posts: 15,826

Was that CBS/FOX release the rumored "unrated" cut of the film? There was an old Internet myth about that specific release containing an unedited version of Bond killing Dent. I haven't found anything of it since.

Afraid not, @007ClassicBondFan. There was a video on 007dossier.com awhile back with someone who had obtained a copy of that VHS version from 1982 and debunked the myth. I believe it was actually the same transfer as that "squeezed" copy I had. Those 1982 Bond VHS transfers were 20th Century Fox home video before it merged and became CBS/FOX (if I haven't got my facts crossed).

EdqdiCzXoAABlvj.jpg:large

• ToTheRight wrote: »

Afraid not, @007ClassicBondFan. There was a video on 007dossier.com awhile back with someone who had obtained a copy of that VHS version from 1982 and debunked the myth. I believe it was actually the same transfer as that "squeezed" copy I had. Those 1982 Bond VHS transfers were 20th Century Fox home video before it merged and became CBS/FOX (if I haven't got my facts crossed).

Thank you for the clarification @ToTheRight! Quite the shame because if such footage ever did exist, it’s probably long gone by now.

Thank you for the clarification @ToTheRight! Quite the shame because if such footage ever did exist, it’s probably long gone by now.

I wonder what happened to 007dossier.com ? There were some excellent articles and videos on that sight.
    Another great viewing of this classic movie! Remains in my top 5.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Professor Dent underrated??? Yeah, and Felix Leiter wore shorts...
    THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS .

I never tire of this one.
    I'm at the great John Terry Felix Leiter introduction.
    I really think he's doing his best John Wayne impression with "You mean this is a put up job?".
    and "Well you've got me James"
    I can picture The Duke delivering those lines exactly like Terry does here.
  • edited May 4 Posts: 15,826
    Bond guzzles his martini in one sip.
    I did that the day I turned 21..........then realized the bartender effed up by using gin instead of vodka.......so I had to do it again.
    I was buzzed all night.
    Kamran Shah!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I do love the color timing on this old SE DVD from 2000.
    I prefer this to the Lowery remastered version.
    Maybe he IS saying FFS?
    Shah says FFS? I know he's the one character to flip the bird.
    Another great viewing of TLD.
    Maybe he IS saying FFS?
    What scene was this, mate?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    QBranch wrote: »
    Maybe he IS saying FFS?
    Isn't that when Kara rides off to help James and he's left with his men looking at him? Must be a hangover from his Oxford days
    QBranch wrote: »
    Maybe he IS saying FFS?
    Isn't that when Kara rides off to help James and he's left with his men looking at him? Must be a hangover from his Oxford days
    I vaguely remember such a moment. Time for a rewatch, I think!
    I think @ToTheRight means the scene when Bond hijacks the plane and he's trying to signal to Kara to drive in the back! Frustrated she cant understand, it does appear he mouths "FFS" !
    Hey yeah, that's a hilarious moment from Tim, he looks ready to leave her behind.

Thsts interesting, mate, so you would recommend that version to the bluray?
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I think @ToTheRight means the scene when Bond hijacks the plane and he's trying to signal to Kara to drive in the back! Frustrated she cant understand, it does appear he mouths "FFS" !

Precisely (I my best Brosnan voice).
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Thsts interesting, mate, so you would recommend that version to the bluray?

It's not nearly as sharp and crispy as the Blu-ray, but the recolors are much brighter and more vivid, IMO. I particularly prefer the color timing on the title scene.