The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

The film makers were wise to have the final confrontation above water. It just didnt work in the NSNA climax
    Love that shot of the Disco Volante jettisoning the cocoon
    The speeded up photography was not a wise idea
    Largo bites it!
    "Never too late to learn!" Swimming?
    Nah, never did!
    Domino looks perplexed at Bond gadgets!
    So ends 'Thunderball'
    Very good viewing. It's criticism for being slow, which I probably would have concured with in the past... didn't seem so this time! Classic Bond movie, Connery at the top of his game!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    So ends 'Thunderball'
    Very good viewing. It's criticism for being slow, which I probably would have concured with in the past... didn't seem so this time! Classic Bond movie, Connery at the top of his game!

I had the same feelin last time I watched it. Seems to be paced just right.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Nice song too, but wow, Paluzzi!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=686783626991967

Somewhere in my hundreds of Godzilla bookmarks I have a link to an interview that Ms. Paluzzi conducted where she spoke about her experiences making the film. I'll try to find it over the weekend.

If you can find it, I'd be ledighted!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    I’m still looking for the on-camera interview of Ms. Paluzzi that I thought I had bookmarked several years ago. For now, I have this:

https://vantagepointinterviews.com/2018/06/06/luciana-paluzzi-remembers-mgms-the-green-slime-1968/

The Green Slime is an interesting film: a Japanese production crew directing a cast made up entirely of western actors. And to make things even more bonkers, the film mimicked a series of four Italian Sci-Fi films from the mid-1960s that were partially financed my MGM. Sometimes known as the “Gamma 1” quadrilogy these were directed by Antonio Margheriti and are great fun – in a sort of “bad B-movie” way.

The Green Slime – set on “Gamma 3” attempted to replicate the look and feel of those earlier films and was also partially financed by MGM. Cinema Retro published an excellent history of all five films several years ago, but I too lazy at the moment to go through all of my back issues. Hopefully, this video will make do.

Great write up, @Mathis1! I'm watching THUNDERBALL with my fiancee now. Our viewing has been in interrupted as she discovered I carved a hole in my hair with my clippers, so she fixed my error.
    I'm a very happy man. She's my Domino.
    We're on the legendary Felix continuity error sequence.
    .........and the underwater Domino scene.

:D
    The underwater battle climax never fails to entertain.

Another great continuity error.......blue mask/black mask...............she's laughing her ass off at that moment.
    I love the Disco Volante fight.
    ...........and Bond and Domino get swooped up into the sky.

This and GOLDFINGER duke it out for army number 1 spot.
  • edited March 31 Posts: 6,814
    I give Sean a break, and so its back to Rog.
    FOR YOUR EYES ONLY (1981)
    I've probably said this before but as the gunbarrel opens onto Bonds feet walking through the cemetery, as it pans up, I always imagine its Dalton thst appears. They were setting this shot up to introduce a new Bond in case Rog wouldn't sign on the dotted! He played this game with Cubby for the next few Bonds
    Director John Glen claims he saw a crew members son playing with a remote control car, which gave him the idea for this pts
    Down the chimney stack goes fake Blofeld. Chris Corbould claims they never retrieved that wheelchair after!
    That title sequence is gorgeous, as is Sheena. I remember her being discovered on a tv talent show, all sweetness and light...and then she became a bit of a Rock chick, hanging out with the likes of Prince!
    Bernard Lee was going to appear as M, but was way too ill to do so. He passed away during production! In respect to him, Cubby didn't want to recast until the next one!
    This is stylishly shot by Glen and new cinematographer Alan Hume! Hume shot some of the Carry On movies!
    Moneypenny is looking her age!
    The A.T.A.C description
    The orginal screenplay had a grander story, but was considered too close to MR, and Cubby wanted a smaller scale thriller!
    I'm not sure which Lotus I prefer, this white one, or the later red one!
  • edited March 31 Posts: 6,814
    Bring back the Bond girls I say, To hell with this woke nonsense! Like the way they got rid of Legs & Co from Top of the Pops!
    As a kid I remember jumping off a shed with an open umbrella, just like Bond here..nearly broke both my legs!!!
    This car chase is great fun. Are you listening Vic Armstrong?
    The identigraph, the whole sequence could be dropped, though am sure dear old Desmond Llewellyn would have disagreed!
    Yeh, think I prefer this new Lotus colour!
    Rog always looks great in the outfits
    Always find it hilarious that Secret Agent James Bond has a coat with a capital 'B' on the zip! 🤣