Big Mi6 James Bond film ranking game

GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
in Trivia & Games Posts: 6,791
We're back again, this time with a re-issue of the big one: rank the Bond films.

For those of you who haven't yet participated, the concept is easy enough: send your film ranking to me in a pm.

I will then award points to all the films based on all the rankings I have received.

For a 1st place a film will receive 10 points, for a 2nd or 3rd place it will receive 9 points, and so on. For a bottom finish a film will get only 1 point. In the end we will get one big Mi6 ranking, which I will reveal film per film, starting at the bottom.

Please let me know if you want to participate, I am aiming at at least 15 participants. I already received one ranking a while back, so that's 1 down already ;)

Comments

Sounds cool. Do you want NSNA and CR’67 included or just the official Bond films?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm sooooo in!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    007HallY wrote: »
    Sounds cool. Do you want NSNA and CR’67 included or just the official Bond films?

I was going to ask that to the group once all participants have come forward.

Personally I like NSNA to be included, but find CR67 difficult to rank amongst the rest...
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    007HallY wrote: »

I was going to ask that to the group once all participants have come forward.

Personally I like NSNA to be included, but find CR67 difficult to rank amongst the rest...

I suppose they’ll be ranked towards the bottom by most people anyway, haha. But it’s kinda a case where if you include NSNA you kinda have to put CR ‘67 in there too.

Anyway, I’m in regardless.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I’m in.
    Always enjoy these, and you put so much work and effort into them @GoldenGun
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm in.
    I think NSNA should be included. Not so sure about CR '67!
  • edited April 24 Posts: 2,954
    For what it’s worth I’d vote for keeping it to the 25 EON Bond films. There’s at least a specific criteria and all the films have a better chance of being ranked fairly by individuals and amongst films which essentially can be compared to each other (as implied it’s tricky ranking CR ‘67 in such a list as it’s a parody/comedy, so it’s a bit like comparing apples to oranges with all those other films… that and there’s the ethical dilemma of whether CR ‘54 should be included or not, haha).

But at the end of the day whatever the majority want to do is fine with me.
    If CR67 is included, it goes out first. No excitement there.
  • Vinther1991Vinther1991 Denmark
    I would like to participate!
    I think NSNA should be included. I am fine with CR '67 and CR '54 being there as well.
    In
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Also "in" - just let me know which films should be excluded (if any) and when the submissions are due.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Yep, I'm always ready for your rankings.
    Superb fellas, I've got 12 participants as of now, 13 myself included. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 25 Posts: 40,492
    Count me in too please. I won't do another Bondathon until later in the year so I'll just use my 2023 list for this.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    I'm in.
    I have already submitted my list. Can't wait to see my Bondian feelings get hurt. ;-)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Count me in, old boy.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Strictly EON or are we including CR'67 and NSNA?
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    I'm in too!
    Benny wrote: »
    Strictly EON or are we including CR'67 and NSNA?

That's the question, let's say that everyone who participates can vote on it and the option that comes out on top wins.

Only EON - 0
    EON + NSNA - 0
    EON + CR67 + NSNA - 0

I will keep the lines open until next Sunday 0h00 CET. You can vote on the above until then, and also, if you haven't done so already, indicate that you want to participate until then.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Only EON.
    Only EON - 1
    EON + NSNA - 0
    EON + CR67 + NSNA - 0
    Only EON - 1
    EON + NSNA - 0
    EON + CR67 + NSNA - 1
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Only EON - 1
    EON + NSNA - 1
    EON + CR67 + NSNA - 1
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Only EoN
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    I’ve already submitted my list which includes NSNA, so with or without it, I’m fine either way.
  • Vinther1991Vinther1991 Denmark
    edited April 27 Posts: 26
    EON + NSNA
    Only EON for me.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    IIRC, the last Bond film ranking game (pre NTTD) excluded CR'67.
    While I'm tempted to vote for the inclusion of CR'67 - if only so I can post another photo of the lovely Joanna Pettet :x - I think we should exclude it. Thus:

EON + NSNA