Bond actor trademarks

edited August 2012 in Actors Posts: 12,837
Let's try and think of little things the actors do that is sort of their trademark. EG-Moore's eyebrow, or Brosnans tie straightening, little things like that.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Craig tends to throw things a lot: the laptop in SF, the keys in QoS, and he was pretty messy with the chips in CR, always shoving them to the middle of the pot.
  • Dalton tended to look around during interaction with someone else, especially when he was angry.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Moore also has a particuliar head movement - to Naomie during the car chase in TSWLM, and to the villains during the car chase in FYEO.
  • Sean Connery's "panther walk"
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sean Connery's definitive alpha male.

Craig's watch hand in trouser pocket, revealing said watch's bracelet strap.

Brosnan's deep breathing through his nose

Moor's encyclopaedia-type knowledge for certain topics during mission briefings

Dalton's dramatic intensity

Lazenby's fisticuffs
    Craigs tossing things around in a very special twist out of his wrist and his swagger..
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Germanlady wrote:
    Craigs tossing things around in a very special twist out of his wrist and his swagger..

Do you have a favorite trademark for the other 5 Bonds, by any chance ?
    doubleoego wrote:
    Moor's encyclopaedia-type knowledge for certain topics during mission briefings

Just to clear up, in the novel Moonraker we read that Bond has an office, and a majority of his time is spent being briefed on random topics from around the world, and sharing it with his fellow 00's. So this is never explained on screen, but not necessarily unrealistic.

But yes, it is a trademark of his.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Oh yeah good call @licensetoforum -- the infamous PAIN FACE
    Brosnan also has a pretty recognizable yell when he is hurt - during the action scene at the Caviar Factory.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Germanlady wrote:

Do you have a favorite trademark for the other 5 Bonds, by any chance ?

You know, I am a one man woman and why not? I haven't seen you talking about trademarks from the others either. Just Moore...oh, and Brosnans Yell...very good.

BTW its funny to think, that Moore is actually my favourite Bond, hence there is one thing, we have in common. I somewhat shudder at the thought though ..
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Connery: "Sh's"
    Lazenby: Extreme Fighting
    Moore: Eyebrow, Jokes
    Dalton: Fleming-esque
    Brosnan: Tie straightening, Mass Destruction
    Craig: Regenerating Stamina. :p
    Germanlady wrote:
    You know, I don't and why does it interest you? .

Because for once you would give your opinion on the other actors and not just on Craig. I was interested to finally hear your views on something else than Craig. But I see you don't care about James Bond, and your only point of conversation is Daniel Craig. Last time I looked, this is James Bond forum, not a Craig specialized fan site. It's getting boring to read your usual bla-blaing on DC, and I was looking forward to hear your views on Connery, Moore, Brosnan, Dalton and Lazenby.
    Germanlady wrote:
    You know, I don't and why does it interest you? .

Because for once you would give your opinion on the other actors and not just on Craig. I was interested to finally hear your views on something else than Craig. But I see you don't care about James Bond, and your only point of conversation is Daniel Craig.

@DC007, that is unnecessary, If @Germanlady wants to talk about Just Craig, She has that right. Relax.
    Murdock wrote:
    If @Germanlady wants to talk about Just Craig, She has that right. Relax.

What is she doing on a Bond forum if she only talks about Craig ? We're here to discuss all things Bond, not just Craig stuff. It's getting f*cking boring to only read her usual Craig worshipping. It would be a change to hear her opinions on the other Bonds, but no, she must keep on talking about her Craig loverboy. She has made 1700 posts on the same subject, which for me is borderline trolling, like a broken record.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 16,330
    @DC007 So what? Craig is Bond. We all choose what we want to talk about. You talk about how EoN is disrespecting the fans over this 50th anniversary all the time. Do we all jump on the attack bandwagon? No. Calling her a Craig loverboy and all that isn't going to make her talk about anything else. It's a forum. Quit being so hostile.
    Murdock wrote:
    If @Germanlady wants to talk about Just Craig, She has that right. Relax.

What is she doing on a Bond forum if she only talks about Craig ? We're here to discuss all things Bond, not just Craig stuff. It's getting f*cking boring to only read her usual Craig worshipping. It would be a change to hear her opinions on the other Bonds, but no, she must keep on talking about her Craig loverboy. She has made 1700 posts on the same subject, which for me is borderline trolling, like a broken record.

Kindly screw off, sir. Craig IS Bond, thus she is relevant. She doesn't need your hateful comments. Can't you just ignore her?
    Craig's pouting, Brosnan's "pain face", Dalton's snarl, Rogers eyebrow and Connery's smirk
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Kindly screw off, sir

I guess because she is positive on Craig she's allowed to endlessly spam the board with "I love Craig" posts. But anyone who post even one negative comment on Craig is considered a ***** moron. Well what the hell are the mods doing ? Why don't they add the new rule where negative comments on Craig are not allowed ?

EDITED. Why are you guys so upset when someone is negative on Craig ? Will the world end if one member on the entire forum doesn't like Craig as Bond ?

Heavilly edited for content and swearing
    Moore kicks like a six year old girl.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Does Lazenby have any trademarks? I'm having trouble thinking of even one but there must be something.
    Lazenby was good at kicking butt.
    You can count that, yes but as far as non-fighting goes I'm drawing a blank.
    Moore commands the screen like a god. And he either raises one eyebrow or two at a time.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 4,813
    craigrules wrote:
    Moore kicks like a six year old girl.
    "Hiiiiii-Yaaaaaaaa!!!"

vfxchv.jpg
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Does Lazenby have any trademarks? I'm having trouble thinking of even one but there must be something.
    Bad dubbing, poor guy. And talking with his mouth full :))
    Moore commands the screen like a god. And he either raises one eyebrow or two at a time.
    Roger taught Ace everything he knows!

tumblr_lm9kt9PEVJ1qkwc9zo1_400.gif
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Craig can also add talking with his mouth full to his list. Poor dubbing, yeah. Not the best one for Mr. Lazenby - of all things! The guy can't get a break.
    Lazenby's brutal fights must be his (perhaps lone) trademark. I stuggle to find another, but as a whole I think he was and is an underrated Bond.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @DC @Germanlady @JWESTBROOK I really don't want this thread to turn into another argument guys. Peace?

Dalton does a badass scowl. Lazenby I'm struggling to think of one for.
    Dalton had the best 'kill face'.

One of my favorite examples is LTK at the bar with Dario and that other henchman. He looked like a grenade with the pin pulled!