Last Video Game You Played?

1167168169170171173»

Comments

Last game I really sunk time into was Mafia 3. Thought the story was incredible, the DLCs all added additional unique content. For all the criticisms about the game being monotonous or repetitive, I didn’t find it any more repetitive than GTA or other third-person shooting games. Shoutout to the soundtrack, too. Excellent.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    United Assault - Normandy '44
    Low budget (by todays standards, looks like a early PS2 era game) Rogue-lite set in World War 2. What's worse than how this game looks, is the wildly inconsistent ai. Some enemy soldiers will stop and stare at a wall, while others will kill you with a submachine gun, from a distance that should require a sniper rifle. Plus the ai spawning in ridiculous places. No enemy soldier around this corner, i'll just turn around and check the other direction, and would you look at this, I just got shot in the back. On the upside, it has been barely over a day since I installed it, and I am already over 80% through the trophies.

That's hilarious, almost bought one or two of these a while back, seemed like a fun throwback to the old PC mil shooters, but the AI looked so atrociously unfair that I didn't bother.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Low budget (by todays standards, looks like a early PS2 era game) Rogue-lite set in World War 2. What's worse than how this game looks, is the wildly inconsistent ai. Some enemy soldiers will stop and stare at a wall, while others will kill you with a submachine gun, from a distance that should require a sniper rifle. Plus the ai spawning in ridiculous places. No enemy soldier around this corner, i'll just turn around and check the other direction, and would you look at this, I just got shot in the back. On the upside, it has been barely over a day since I installed it, and I am already over 80% through the trophies.

That's hilarious, almost bought one or two of these a while back, seemed like a fun throwback to the old PC mil shooters, but the AI looked so atrociously unfair that I didn't bother.

Oh it's very unfair. Being Rogue-lite there should be a challenge, but when the game spawns soldiers beneath the ground, shooting at you, but you can't fire back because bullets can't penetrate the ground....? Then it's maddening.

Oh it's very unfair. Being Rogue-lite there should be a challenge, but when the game spawns soldiers beneath the ground, shooting at you, but you can't fire back because bullets can't penetrate the ground....? Then it's maddening.

Right, there's a big distinction between a challenge and broken mechanics or wonky A.I. I rarely see them go on sale these days, still debate it the rare times I do, but my backlog grows bigger by the day so probably not.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Right, there's a big distinction between a challenge and broken mechanics or wonky A.I. I rarely see them go on sale these days, still debate it the rare times I do, but my backlog grows bigger by the day so probably not.

Avoid it. The ai is amongst the worst I have had the misfortune of experiencing. Along with that awful Taxi Driver: The Simulation.

Avoid it. The ai is amongst the worst I have had the misfortune of experiencing. Along with that awful Taxi Driver: The Simulation.

Funny, that one looked somewhat interesting too. I'll definitely save my money and not check out any of those then.

Funny, that one looked somewhat interesting too. I'll definitely save my money and not check out any of those then.

Are you thinking of Taxi Life: A City Driving Simulator? They're two different games. Taxi Life: A City Driving Simulator does look good.

Are you thinking of Taxi Life: A City Driving Simulator? They're two different games. Taxi Life: A City Driving Simulator does look good.

Aha, that might be the one I was thinking of. It's newer, yeah? If so, that's the one, seemed pretty relaxing to zone out to.

Aha, that might be the one I was thinking of. It's newer, yeah? If so, that's the one, seemed pretty relaxing to zone out to.

I think it came out earlier this month, avoid the other Taxi sim. The AI was so messed up.

I think it came out earlier this month, avoid the other Taxi sim. The AI was so messed up.

OK excellent, all hope isn't lost yet then. It's not something I was rabid with excitement to play but I did have it on my Wishlist in case it goes on a deep sale eventually, so I'm happy to hear it's not a total mess and waste of time. Now you have me pessimistically curious as to how bad that other one is...

OK excellent, all hope isn't lost yet then. It's not something I was rabid with excitement to play but I did have it on my Wishlist in case it goes on a deep sale eventually, so I'm happy to hear it's not a total mess and waste of time. Now you have me pessimistically curious as to how bad that other one is...

It made the game unplayable as a sim. You would pull up and stop at traffic lights, and the ai behind would drive into the back of your car, and the game would give YOU the penalty!!!!! Also, same thing pulling up at lights, but the ai pulling out from a junction, would swing out onto your side of the road, and hit you, and the game would give YOU the penalty!!!!

It made the game unplayable as a sim. You would pull up and stop at traffic lights, and the ai behind would drive into the back of your car, and the game would give YOU the penalty!!!!! Also, same thing pulling up at lights, but the ai pulling out from a junction, would swing out onto your side of the road, and hit you, and the game would give YOU the penalty!!!!

Ahh, another one of those games where it's like you're the outlier and everyone else is just A.I. that has no rule set to follow. That's the kind of thing that rubs me the wrong way with cheap indie games as it does even some bigger titles, like the recent Hitman trilogy. Such a great way to take you out of the experience and ruin any sense of fun.

Ahh, another one of those games where it's like you're the outlier and everyone else is just A.I. that has no rule set to follow. That's the kind of thing that rubs me the wrong way with cheap indie games as it does even some bigger titles, like the recent Hitman trilogy. Such a great way to take you out of the experience and ruin any sense of fun.

I think it's just the game being so low budget, the ai was as basic as it could be. Cars move around the town, but they have no awareness of another vehicle nearby.

I have enjoyed most of the sim games that have come to console. It's just the odd one that was awful.

I think it's just the game being so low budget, the ai was as basic as it could be. Cars move around the town, but they have no awareness of another vehicle nearby.

I have enjoyed most of the sim games that have come to console. It's just the odd one that was awful.

Makes you wonder why they bother in the first place, since I can't imagine those sorts of games sell like hotcakes and bring a fat return.

Makes you wonder why they bother in the first place, since I can't imagine those sorts of games sell like hotcakes and bring a fat return.

Some unfortunate soul will buy them.... ;)

Some unfortunate soul will buy them.... ;)

I've seen hardcore trophy hunters buy the cheapest garbage, sometimes four or five stacks of the same game from different regions, so I've no doubt someone out there has bought all variations of those titles and gotten the Platinum trophy several times. Oof.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Just wrapping up the final trophies and collectables for Ghost of Tsushima. Really enjoyed it, great game, hopefully they will announce a sequel soon.
    Mallory wrote: »
    Just wrapping up the final trophies and collectables for Ghost of Tsushima. Really enjoyed it, great game, hopefully they will announce a sequel soon.

It's so petty but that game's lack of ragdoll physics has me avoiding it. I just can't stand canned death animations.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 18 Posts: 23,369
    Been playing Fallout 4 and going one on one with Death Claw without my Power Armor which is more fun. I thought I had played Fallout 4 already though in fact it was New Vegas, I got the games mixed up as New Vegas is obviously the 4th game lol.

Fallout 4 is a fun shooter and looks great though it lacks the depth of some of the other games, I miss a lot of the role playing aspects. I read the game is getting a Next Gen update soon.
    Been playing Fallout 4 and going one on one with Death Claw without my Power Armor which is more fun. I thought I had played Fallout 4 already though in fact it was New Vegas, I got the games mixed up as New Vegas is obviously the 4th game lol.

Fallout 4 is a fun shooter and looks great though it lacks the depth of some of the other games, I miss a lot of the role playing aspects. I read the game is getting a Next Gen update soon.

It's coming one week from today, actually. I'm working through the final DLC of Dead Island 2 while juggling the proper PS5 version of Cyberpunk 2077 at the same time, so not sure I'll jump back in next Thursday, but I've been excited for it for a long while now.

I only hope it ACTUALLY fixes the bugs. They can make it 60FPS and as pretty as they want, but if it's still plagued by issues the game had nearly a decade ago, I won't be wasting my time.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

It's coming one week from today, actually. I'm working through the final DLC of Dead Island 2 while juggling the proper PS5 version of Cyberpunk 2077 at the same time, so not sure I'll jump back in next Thursday, but I've been excited for it for a long while now.

I only hope it ACTUALLY fixes the bugs. They can make it 60FPS and as pretty as they want, but if it's still plagued by issues the game had nearly a decade ago, I won't be wasting my time.

In close combat the camera is allover the place and Codsworth is forever getting in my way when I am trying to do something or talking with other characters, are they the bugs you mean?

I have only been playing Fallout 4 for a few days, I inadvertently preempted the games missions as the first thing I did was build a fortress in Sanctuary as I stumbled on the workbench soon as I left the Vault.
    I don't know if they're considered bugs, more just wonky camera action and weird A.I., but those are the kinds of problems I'd love to see ironed out.

Personally, for me, I played almost exclusively in third person when it released. The problem was the camera did NOT line up the way it did in first person. As a result, I would constantly miss shots in third person for no logical reason, only to go into first person, make the same shot, and hit it every single time.
    I don't know if they're considered bugs, more just wonky camera action and weird A.I., but those are the kinds of problems I'd love to see ironed out.

Personally, for me, I played almost exclusively in third person when it released. The problem was the camera did NOT line up the way it did in first person. As a result, I would constantly miss shots in third person for no logical reason, only to go into first person, make the same shot, and hit it every single time.

I noticed that whilst toggling between 1st and 3rd person whilst using a sniper rifle when stood next to a wall. In 1st person perfect aim on target then in 3rd person i was aiming at the wall.

I noticed that whilst toggling between 1st and 3rd person whilst using a sniper rifle when stood next to a wall. In 1st person perfect aim on target then in 3rd person i was aiming at the wall.

That's it! Same problem has existed in the game with no patch for almost a decade now. It's that sort of thing that leaves me lukewarm and pessimistic about this next gen patch. I really do hope it delivers on all fronts though cause I'd love to return to this one.
    I wouldn't know cause they already tried to scam PS+ owners of the game out of the free upgrade by forcing the most impatient gamers to go ahead and buy it while they "work" on a fix. Already off to a great start, Bethesda! I'll pass on this for now, already put a bad taste in my mouth before I even got to fire it up again.
    edited April 25 Posts: 23,369
    I wouldn't know cause they already tried to scam PS+ owners of the game out of the free upgrade by forcing the most impatient gamers to go ahead and buy it while they "work" on a fix. Already off to a great start, Bethesda! I'll pass on this for now, already put a bad taste in my mouth before I even got to fire it up again.

I read a lot of complaints, I own the game on xbox not had chance to have a look yet will do tomorrow. Not good expecting PlayStation owners to buy the game again.