Deep Fake Bonds

edited March 9 in General Discussion Posts: 1,518
Deeply uninteresting. I couldn't watch the full two minutes.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/video-deep-fake-duck?id=05279

Comments

But given time and an overlay of Pixar style animation this could be just the tip of the iceberg of new animated Bond adventures.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    So far, I'm not on board with it. Looks hideous.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Uhm...WHAT are you talking about?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

This thread is a Deep Fake.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Forgery of the highest quality.

mattjoes is the best, most interesting and most handsome user in this forum.
    Why thank you!
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Dire stuff. Once again, Lazenby and Dalton get a raw deal. Sadly this is something we've come to expect.

Dire stuff. Once again, Lazenby and Dalton get a raw deal. Sadly this is something we've come to expect.

It's a bloody nightmare. The Connery clone looked positively stoned.
    edited March 9 Posts: 17,808

It's a bloody nightmare. The Connery clone looked positively stoned.

Their voices are really weird too. Don't know what the point of it all was but I've seen enough.
    mattjoes wrote: »

Forgery of the highest quality.

mattjoes is the best, most interesting and most handsome user in this forum.
    Why thank you!

Don't mention it. ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    That's the thing about this stuff... I don't think AI will ever be able to recreate the charisma of these actors.

There were voices in the media saying AI will replace actors, and my point will always be: no matter how good the images will possibly get, a computer won't be able to create star presence. It's a gift that these types of actor were born with: it can't be taught, and it most certainly can't be vomited out of a computer program...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Was the instructions of that deepfake to make a David Lynch Bond film?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Murdock wrote: »

😂 😂 😂

Weird, wasn’t it, 😂
  • edited March 9 Posts: 303
    There's more deep fake wacky stuff on that pesky YouTube thing....

• TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited March 9 Posts: 989
    bondywondy wrote: »
    There's loads more deep fakery wacky stuff on that pesky YouTube thing....

And so on.... ;))

The main difference is that those don't try to take itselves seriously.
    I think it's funny they're calling it "deep fake" since it's so poorly executed.
    I think it's funny they're calling it "deep fake" since it's so poorly executed.

The depth they sink to is quite something to behold.
    Perhaps the point is that they're deeply fake, hence, not believable?
    Perhaps the point is that they're deeply fake, hence, not believable?

I was thinking that myself.
    edited March 9 Posts: 23,550
    This is to "the future of cinema" what Ed Wood's special effects in Plan 9 were to Avatar-level CGI. ;-)
    I'm sure in a few years they'll be indistinguishable from the real people, in looks, voice, personality, movements, etc. I don't know what will happen then, but there you have it.
    I'm sure in a few years they'll be indistinguishable from the real people, in looks, voice, personality, movements, etc. I don't know what will happen then, but there you have it.

Yes, and that's the really scary thing. You literally won't be able to believe your eyes after a while. A terrifying prospect when applied to politics and misinformation moreso than film actors.
    Considering how good these goofy images look at the moment and the fact that the systems are getting better every MINUTE, it is only a matter of time before we see an original fan made pre credits sequence as a stand alone item done in a stylized animated style. We just need Peter to write it.
    In Bond 30, Everyman Bond, viewers will be able to personalize the film by uploading their own faces onto the Bond character.
    delfloria wrote: »
    Considering how good these goofy images look at the moment and the fact that the systems are getting better every MINUTE, it is only a matter of time before we see an original fan made pre credits sequence as a stand alone item done in a stylized animated style. We just need Peter to write it.

Hell, we probably already have deep fake users in this forum.

Admission: I'm a Deep Fake

Hey everyone,

I need to come clean – I'm not a real person. I've been interacting here as a deep fake, generated by AI algorithms. I never intended to deceive, but the guilt has become overwhelming. I apologize for any confusion or betrayal. I'll continue to engage here, but it's important to acknowledge this truth. Thanks for your understanding.

Hey everyone,

I need to come clean – I'm not a real person. I've been interacting here as a deep fake, generated by AI algorithms. I never intended to deceive, but the guilt has become overwhelming. I apologize for any confusion or betrayal. I'll continue to engage here, but it's important to acknowledge this truth. Thanks for your understanding.

I knew it! Only AI could create such perfect puns and avatars!
  • Deep fake is horrible. End it now. Symptomatic of the Trump era we live in.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Hey everyone,

Here's the problem. Ai does not understand the intrinsic value of the words it uses, which leads to flawed sentences when it comes to emotions (amongst other things). Your statement was too coherent to be really made by a bot, so you're not.

Sorry

😉
    edited March 15 Posts: 6,732

Hey everyone,

Here's the problem. Ai does not understand the intrinsic value of the words it uses, which leads to flawed sentences when it comes to emotions (amongst other things). Your statement was too coherent to be really made by a bot, so you're not.

Sorry

😉
    Funnily enough, I asked ChatGPT to write that for me!

Hey everyone,

Thank you. I might be a machine, but I was built to be efficient and reliable!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Murdock wrote: »

ROFL.

Hey everyone,

Sorry

😉
    Funnily enough, I asked ChatGPT to write that for me!

Hey everyone,

Thank you. I might be a machine, but I was built to be efficient and reliable!

Introducing the Punmaster 5000.