The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 18 Posts: 23,419
    Because this is a small ground, constantly hearing people in the crowd swearing and throwing insults during the broadcast.

We will do well to walk away with a win here, Luton are relentless, I have watched a few of there home games this season they just never stop running.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Bruno in almost on goal, brilliant defending there.
    edited February 18 Posts: 23,419
    Garnacho realty should have scored there, clean through 1 on 1.

It has been entertaining, end to end all game.

United been better in the second half.

Mainoo is absolute class.
    Mainoo got a Yellow for a brilliant tackle wt... that will get rescinded.
    OMG how have we not scored a again gr.
    OMG Luton hit cross bar in last minute.

A win is a win is a win, that game was stress. some of the United players decision making at times was not great.
    Wt.. Darwin and Jota subbed at half timish according to FPL website.

My only players in that game…

I have VVD also, though no clean sheet, this season not a surprise.

Still hope for a VVD clean sheet this gameweek though!

Really good game by Arsenal, who need performances like this to stay in the title race. Chelsea securing a point against Man City is the shock of this gameweek, but City still have a game in hand…

Good to see manc drop points.
    I still think this title will go to the last weeks depending on injuries, Jota injury doesn't look good.

Injuries might play this into City's hands too. They certainly don't have the same number of injuries that Liverpool and Arsenal have…

Really good game by Arsenal, who need performances like this to stay in the title race. Chelsea securing a point against Man City is the shock of this gameweek, but City still have a game in hand…

My triple captain and Double GW is not working out well, I would have been better just not doing anything at all to my team.

As I have 5 p;layers missing from my tam i may need to use free hit chip next week.

I am quietly confident Arsenal can win the title, City just don't look like the team they were last season. With the run in I really think the loss of Mahrez and Gundogen will show... and what has happened to Jack Grealish?

At least we're far from being alone in the Triple Captain chip (possibly) bot paying off! :))

Haven't ruled out playing Free Hit myself, even with two free transfers available. Any injuries or doubts and I might be forced to.

Can't see it myself, really. I think Arsenal are just too lightweight to go all the way, partly due to experience and partly to the number of injuries they have. Looking at the remaining fixtures too, I can't really see City dropping many points.

A win is a win is a win, that game was stress. some of the United players decision making at times was not great.

Another three important points for United. On current form, I expect it will be between them and Villa for fourth. Not ruling out them competing for third either.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

I still think this title will go to the last weeks depending on injuries, Jota injury doesn't look good.

Injuries might play this into City's hands too. They certainly don't have the same number of injuries that Liverpool and Arsenal have…

My triple captain and Double GW is not working out well, I would have been better just not doing anything at all to my team.

As I have 5 p;layers missing from my tam i may need to use free hit chip next week.

I am quietly confident Arsenal can win the title, City just don't look like the team they were last season. With the run in I really think the loss of Mahrez and Gundogen will show... and what has happened to Jack Grealish?

At least we're far from being alone in the Triple Captain chip (possibly) bot paying off! :))

Haven't ruled out playing Free Hit myself, even with two free transfers available. Any injuries or doubts and I might be forced to.

Can't see it myself, really. I think Arsenal are just too lightweight to go all the way, partly due to experience and partly to the number of injuries they have. Looking at the remaining fixtures too, I can't really see City dropping many points.

Another three important points for United. On current form, I expect it will be between them and Villa for fourth. Not ruling out them competing for third either.

All 3 teams are in europe too which could take their toll on injuries.
    Arsenal are the form team atm with 13 games to go.
    Goal difference could decide the title ?
    Weekend Football Round up feat Ten Hag, Big Ange and more

:))

Good point most managers probably hit triple captain this week, I did it without thinking too deeply about it, my only logic was I don't think we will get many double GW's this season.

Reality is Haaland is just back from injury and clearly needs game time.

Indeed, the number of matches left can heavily impact the respective squads.

Two good games aside, I always feel Arsenal will slip up eventually. I have greater confidence in Liverpool challenging City.

Hahaha, the Carragher one! :))

Good point most managers probably hit triple captain this week, I did it without thinking too deeply about it, my only logic was I don't think we will get many double GW's this season.

It certainly doesn't look like we would have had many better weeks to play the Triple Captain, and Haaland was a good option for the armband. Right now I'm actually more worried about the wildcard and Bench Boost – both of which will have a much bigger potential upside.

Two good games aside, I always feel Arsenal will slip up eventually. I have greater confidence in Liverpool challenging City.

It certainly doesn't look like we would have had many better weeks to play the Triple Captain, and Haaland was a good option for the armband. Right now I'm actually more worried about the wildcard and Bench Boost – both of which will have a much bigger potential upside.

Just realised City are playing tonight, my last chance for a Triple Captain haul, I bet I regret not putting the armband on Foden he has a great record vs Brentford.

I only have free hit and bench boost chips left.

Just realised City are playing tonight, my last chance for a Triple Captain haul, I bet I regret not putting the armband on Foden he has a great record vs Brentford.

At least it looks like Haaland gets one goal tonight. Would prefer it if City lost from a non FPL perspective, of course!

At least it looks like Haaland gets one goal tonight. Would prefer it if City lost from a non FPL perspective, of course!

Haaland got 2 bonus points also so better than nothing, still not great for a triple captain. I remember getting 60+ points with Aguero when I first played FPL.

It would have been great if city dropped more points, still 13 games to go which seems like a lot.

Need a Liverpool clean sheet as i've got 3 defenders.

Tuchel leaving bayern.

Haaland got 2 bonus points also so better than nothing, still not great for a triple captain. I remember getting 60+ points with Aguero when I first played FPL.

My memory of past FPL seasons could be better, but I don't think I've ever had much success with the Triple Captain chip! :))

It would have been great if city dropped more points, still 13 games to go which seems like a lot.

Need a Liverpool clean sheet as i've got 3 defenders.

Tuchel leaving bayern.

There's many games for sure. Can't see City dropping many points though.

Wish I had a Liverpool defender or two instead of Darwin and Jota! Need Bell to deliver tonight…

Thomas Tuchel leaving Bayern after the season is interesting. Could Xabi Alonso have two big clubs to choose between this summer?
    I think i have had far more Triple Captain fails than success lol Trying to remember how long I have played FPL, then I realize I only have to look at the start of this thread lol
    I think i have had far more Triple Captain fails than success lol Trying to remember how long I have played FPL, then I realize I only have to look at the start of this thread lol

Had to check myself too, and this is actually my sixth season. It doesn't feel long since I made my very first FPL team, though!

Had to check myself too, and this is actually my sixth season. It doesn't feel long since I made my very first FPL team, though!

Must be my 5th FPL season if my math is correct, I have only had one top 50'000 ranking which is not good enough lol

I tend to do better on the international FPL. I have already booked annual leave for the Euro's in June.

Must be my 5th FPL season if my math is correct, I have only had one top 50'000 ranking which is not good enough lol

I tend to do better on the international FPL. I have already booked annual leave for the Euro's in June.

Considering the number of players that register their teams each season, being inside the 50.000 at any point is good enough if you ask me!

I keep forgetting my UCL Fantasy team. Haven't made a single transfer yet…
    Arsenal losing away to Porto. Expected this to be a very tough game for them, and I can see Porto keeping Arsenal from scoring at the Emirates…
    edited February 23 Posts: 2,355
    Arsenal losing away to Porto. Expected this to be a very tough game for them, and I can see Porto keeping Arsenal from scoring at the Emirates…

Don't know much about Porto this year (3rd in liga portugal) but i think the Gunners could get the job done at home.

Only 8 games this gw and 4 start at the same time... Bad scheduling ?

Considering the number of players that register their teams each season, being inside the 50.000 at any point is good enough if you ask me!

Not even sure when the cup starts in FPL, keep forgetting about that.

I almost brought in Rasmus last night good job I did not as hearing he is injured.

I did take a hit, with no subs at all if one of my players don't start i have no back up. trying to resist using the free hit.
    Ouch 400'000 managers brought in Rasmus, he is out for 2 to 3 weeks.

Don't know much about Porto this year (3rd in liga portugal) but i think the Gunners could get the job done at home.

Only 8 games this gw and 4 start at the same time... Bad scheduling ?

It was a silly way to lose the game, so they need to show a different side to them in the return leg. Won't be easy, though.

It would certainly be better if some of the games were played on Sunday, but I guess they have their reasons.

Not even sure when the cup starts in FPL, keep forgetting about that.

I almost brought in Rasmus last night good job I did not as hearing he is injured.

I did take a hit, with no subs at all if one of my players don't start i have no back up. trying to resist using the free hit.
    Ouch 400'000 managers brought in Rasmus, he is out for 2 to 3 weeks.

Completely forgot the cup, but it looks like I'm already out :))

I had Højlund on my list of potential Darwin replacements, but I'll be bringing in Solanke. Such bad luck for those that went for him early, but it just shows that it's sometimes best to wait as long as possible before making transfers.

Both Darwin and Jota are likely to drop in price tonight, but I don't think I can commit to making any transfers before closer to the deadline tomorrow…
    edited February 23 Posts: 23,419
    I swapped Darwin for Solonke and Pau Torres also out for Watkins, I am still stuck with Jota though don't want to take another hit.
    The gameweek 26 deadline is just around the corner, but let's have a quick look at gameweek 25 first! Gameweek 25 is one of the gameweeks with highest average points, at 73 points. That was to be expected from a double gameweek, of course. Our league did quite well this gameweek too, with several teams beating the overall average. But only one manager managed a three digit score: LVLA Skopje 05 finished the gameweek with 100 points. Congratulations! =D>

sRGzekP.jpeg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 18: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 19: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 20: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 21: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 22: Red Warriors & Watch how Isak you
    GW 23: AC Miami
    GW 24: TeamXtreme
    GW 25: LVLA Skopje 05

________

We have a few more hours to get our teams ready this weekend, with the deadline today at 13:30 UK time!
    I swapped Darwin for Solonke and Pau Torres also out for Watkins, I am still stuck with Jota though don't want to take another hit.

You've made good transfers in though, so you can always prioritise transferring out Jota next gameweek. A lot of managers will be taking hits this gameweek, so if there's a gameweek where hits might not matter too much, it's this one.

I'm currently waiting for potential late news before making my transfers. I have two free transfers which will be used to transfer out Darwin and Jota – and I'm likely to make another transfer to (hopefully) have a starting eleven. Estupiñán and De Bruyne are my other issues, and I could transfer them both out for a -8 – but that requires that I at least have some rumours to base my transfers on. If not, then I might need to hold both.
    -8 in the end for me. Rumours circulating that De Bruyne is to be benched pushed me to make another -4 move. I don't like it, but I think I just need to go all in on the potential upside of my transfers. 3 out of four were blanking anyway, and now I might have a starting eleven.
    edited February 24 Posts: 23,419
    Pep Roulette is always a risk, Ake was benched for me last game.

Watkins has scored and I made him captain, hoping for a decent haul here, i don't trust Haaland at the moment.