Where does Bond go after Craig?

Comments

Calm before the storm? More like the long, big sleep. That we've heard nothing suggests to me nothing is happening. A mere announcement saying a script is development would be nice. It gives away nothing about the next actor or film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    We'll get news when we get it. I'll personally never understand this slower approach either, but at the same time we know nothing about what's going on (or not) behind the scenes.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    We'll get news when we get it. I'll personally never understand this slower approach either, but at the same time we know nothing about what's going on (or not) behind the scenes.
    My feelings exactly. Well said.
    It seemed longer because of the covid delays that pushed it almost 2 years. The initial release was November 2019, only 4 years past Spectre. I know that the differences with Boyle caused a little delay but still filming commenced in the earlier part of 2019.

I truly believe that EON backed themselves into a corner at this point and they don't know where to go. Combine that with changes within especially if Michael retires whom for 35 years was producing the films.

Let's compare large gaps in film franchise sequels and reboots.

Batman 1997-2005. 2012-2022
    Superman 1987-2006. 2006-2013
    Star Wars. 1983-1999. 2005-2015
    Lord of the Rings. 2003-2012

Even MI went 6 years between 2 and 3 another 5-1/2 between 3 and 4.
    Ok but lets look at Batman for example

From 2013-2022 you had

The Batman Arkham Series
    The tell tale batman series
    Numerous comic books
    Etc

Star wars

Numerous novels video games etc

Mission impossible i will sadly grant uou as apart from an nes game and two other games (a splinter cell knock off operation sumera and honestly funner game that it has any right to be on the n64)
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I was only speaking in terms of feature releases.
  • In order for 2026 to still be viable they would have to have a actor chosen and announced by next summer. I think a more realistic timeframe is the 007 game releases 2025, actor announced 2026, new film in late 2027/first half of 2028.

You keep making these completely outlandish predictions to get a rise out of people. It's trolling. Even if nobody at EON lifted their fingers for another 6 months, a 2026 release would still be completely viable. Rigth now even a late 2025 release is still possible.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    In order for 2026 to still be viable they would have to have a actor chosen and announced by next summer. I think a more realistic timeframe is the 007 game releases 2025, actor announced 2026, new film in late 2027/first half of 2028.

You keep making these completely outlandish predictions to get a rise out of people. It's trolling. Even if nobody at EON lifted their fingers for another 6 months, a 2026 release would still be completely viable. Rigth now even a late 2025 release is still possible.
    I don't think he's trolling so much as being pessimistic (or even realistic). A late 2025 release may be technically feasible, but I think it's incredibly unlikely. I think Mendes4Lyfe's estimate is more probable. Eon don't seem to be in a rush and I can't help think the TV show and the game are to keep Bond in the public eye (and to bring in a little money) while they 'rest' Bond.
  • In order for 2026 to still be viable they would have to have a actor chosen and announced by next summer. I think a more realistic timeframe is the 007 game releases 2025, actor announced 2026, new film in late 2027/first half of 2028.

I don't think he's trolling so much as being pessimistic (or even realistic). A late 2025 release may be technically feasible, but I think it's incredibly unlikely. I think Mendes4Lyfe's estimate is more probable. Eon don't seem to be in a rush and I can't help think the TV show and the game are to keep Bond in the public eye (and to bring in a little money) while they 'rest' Bond.
    But he isn’t predicting a 2026 release. He is predicting a 2027 release, maybe even 2028!! Absolutely nothing at this point suggests that the movie won’t be released until 2027. And mentioning 2028 as a possible release date is completely preposterous!!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 14 Posts: 8,113
    In order for 2026 to still be viable they would have to have a actor chosen and announced by next summer. I think a more realistic timeframe is the 007 game releases 2025, actor announced 2026, new film in late 2027/first half of 2028.

Exactly, EON have released 1 film in the past 8 years, 3 films in the past 15 years, what reason is there to be bullish on them suddenly cranking into top gear in the next few months? It would be very nice, but I don't see it happening myself.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 14 Posts: 1,381
    I think Bond 26 is a 2026 Bond film.
    Who knows. I think short of any of us having a crystal ball it’s not something any of us have a time frame for… least for now.
    007HallY wrote: »
    Who knows. I think short of any of us having a crystal ball it’s not something any of us have a time frame for… least for now.

Yeah, right. But it's hard to imagine 2024 ending without work starting on the script, or knowing who the director is and also....bigger and stronger rumours on who Bond 7 is.

Yeah, right. But it's hard to imagine 2024 ending without work starting on the script, or knowing who the director is and also....bigger and stronger rumours on who Bond 7 is.

Again, I can’t say one way or the other. We’ll likely get something Bond related coming though.

Again, I can’t say one way or the other. We’ll likely get something Bond related coming though.
    Yeah.
    edited February 14 Posts: 8,113

Yeah - the 007 game.

Take a look at greggs recent comment again: "No plans on making the next Bond at this stage. There will be another Bond someday, but we're not actively developing it."

This seems fairly definitive to me. For whatever reason, a shake up of producing duties or whatnot, nothing is currently happening with development of the next film. Who knows how long it could take, but I certainly wouldn't count on them suddenly leaping into action. It will be more of a slow awakening, than a sudden jolt into life again. If anything my prediction of late 2027/ early 2028 could end up being too optimistic, it could well take longer but we'll have to wait and see.
  • edited February 14 Posts: 2,954

Yeah - the 007 game.

Take a look at greggs recent comment again: "No plans on making the next Bond at this stage. There will be another Bond someday, but we're not actively developing it."

This seems fairly definitive to me. For whatever reason, a shake up of producing duties or whatnot, nothing is currently happening with development of the next film. Who knows how long it could take, but I certainly wouldn't count on them suddenly leaping into action. It will be more of a slow awakening, than a sudden jolt into life again. If anything my prediction of late 2027/ early 2028 could end up being too optimistic, it could well take longer but we'll have to wait and see.

Exactly, the game.

Who knows man 🤷 I tend not to try and predict these things as I often get it wrong, haha. As you said we’ll see.
    Strong rumours can pop up all of a sudden.
    edited February 14 Posts: 739
    Yes, who knows who the next actor will be to have secretly filmed the gunbarrel opening?

All rumours start off weak, imo.
    NTTD - No Timeline to Date
    SP - Silent Producers
    SF - Strike's Fault
    QoS - Quality of Script
    CR - Casting Rumors
    CrabKey wrote: »
    NTTD - No Timeline to Date
    SP - Silent Producers
    SF - Strike's Fault
    QoS - Quality of Script
    CR - Casting Rumors

Lol.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    It's been two years and three months since the film came out.

People are obviously free to believe what they want, but the question remains, why should EoN, or any company, share the development of their projects with us? Why are fans entitled to know what's happening behind the scenes?

I remember a screenwriting website from a decade or so ago, and the person who ran it, published "in development" scripts, which I actually found really interesting.

However, screenwriters like John August and Craig Mazin, and others, were p!ssssed, and I saw their reasons too: these scripts "in development" were being judged in their unfinished state. These developing scripts, with developing ideas and characters weren't for "the fans" to scrutinize since they're undercooked and still had much work to do. The judgment one may have seeing these scripts in development, could plant bias in these same eyes, further down the road, when they become "buyers" of the finished product (oh man, I saw an early draft of this film, and it sucks).

Same thing here.

Fans don't need to see the behind the scenes steps of Bond. For one, it's not all that interesting, unless you know what each steps mean, and; two, any early ideas (of stories, of characters, etc...), may bias the fans who don't realize there are still months of work to be done (if not a year, or more).

Just let the professionals do their jobs.

We have 25 film, two more that are unofficial, a bunch of novels and graphic novels, and older video games to fill our days.

A new Bond film will arrive.
    peter wrote: »
    People are obviously free to believe what they want, but the question remains, why should EoN, or any company, share the development of their projects with us? Why are fans entitled to know what's happening behind the scenes?

Is anyone saying they should?
  • peterpeter Toronto

Do you read the comments, @Mendes4Lyfe ?? Or do you only read your own?

At the top of this page, is a simple quote that kinda sums up, that, yeah, fans want updates.

“ A mere announcement saying a script is development would be nice.”

I’ve asked you before to please read posts three times before replying!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Exactly, EON have released 1 film in the past 8 years, 3 films in the past 15 years, what reason is there to be bullish on them suddenly cranking into top gear in the next few months? It would be very nice, but I don't see it happening myself.

EON planned
    BOND 22 release 19 months after BOND 21.
    BOND 23 release 24 months after BOND 22.
    Etc.

So that.

• peter wrote: »

At the top of this page, is a simple quote that kinda sums up, that, yeah, fans want updates.

Announcing writers and director is very common.
  • peterpeter Toronto

I didn't know that. Thanks for informing @DEKE_RIVERS . I know you always have my back. Thanks for spreading your vast knowledge...
  • edited February 15 Posts: 731

I didn't know that. Thanks for informing @DEKE_RIVERS . I know you always have my back. Thanks for spreading your vast knowledge...

So, where is the problem? This is not The Manhattan Project. It's a movie.
  • peterpeter Toronto

So, where is the problem?

Read back the last few pages @DEKE_RIVERS

My remarks are based on what sounds like impatience for some drop of news.

My point is: why do fans feel entitled to any kind of news at this stage?

But I’m sure you’ll have a witty one liner to explain all.
  • edited February 15 Posts: 731

Why not? people announce things. That's how it works.

The thing is that they have nothing to announce. That's why people get impatient.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Why not? people announce things. That's how it works.

You’re a hamster wheel @DEKE_RIVERS …. Read the posts. Read my posts. When there’s something worth announcing, they will. Until then, the complaints and assumptions won’t hurry anything up. And, my point: we aren’t entitled to know anything.