Where does Bond go after Craig?

Comments

• edited February 15 Posts: 747
    peter wrote: »
    People are obviously free to believe what they want, but the question remains, why should EoN, or any company, share the development of their projects with us? Why are fans entitled to know what's happening behind the scenes?

Is anyone saying they should?

Do you read the comments, @Mendes4Lyfe ?? Or do you only read your own?

At the top of this page, is a simple quote that kinda sums up, that, yeah, fans want updates.

“ A mere announcement saying a script is development would be nice.”

I’ve asked you before to please read posts three times before replying!

Announcing writers and director is very common.

I didn't know that. Thanks for informing @DEKE_RIVERS . I know you always have my back. Thanks for spreading your vast knowledge...

So, where is the problem?

Read back the last few pages @DEKE_RIVERS

My remarks are based on what sounds like impatience for some drop of news.

My point is: why do fans feel entitled to any kind of news at this stage?

But I’m sure you’ll have a witty one liner to explain all.

Why not? people announce things. That's how it works.

You’re a hamster wheel @DEKE_RIVERS …. Read the posts. Read my posts. When there’s something worth announcing, they will. Until then, the complaints and assumptions won’t hurry anything up. And, my point: we aren’t entitled to know anything.

I don't know. Maybe they read us. And if they don't read us, where is the problem?

;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    People are obviously free to believe what they want, but the question remains, why should EoN, or any company, share the development of their projects with us? Why are fans entitled to know what's happening behind the scenes?

At the top of this page, is a simple quote that kinda sums up, that, yeah, fans want updates.

I didn't know that. Thanks for informing @DEKE_RIVERS . I know you always have my back. Thanks for spreading your vast knowledge...

You’re a hamster wheel @DEKE_RIVERS …. Read the posts. Read my posts. When there’s something worth announcing, they will. Until then, the complaints and assumptions won’t hurry anything up. And, my point: we aren’t entitled to know anything.

I don't know. Maybe they read us. And if they don't read us, where is the problem?

;)

Okay @DEKE_RIVERS … like I said in my original post: you’re free to believe what you want. So if you think EoN is reading this site, and if you think your complaints will move their needle, then have at it, 😂!
  • peter wrote: »

;)

Okay @DEKE_RIVERS … like I said in my original post: you’re free to believe what you want. So if you think EoN is reading this site, and if you think your complaints will move their needle, then have at it, 😂!

It doesn't matter. That's the point.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited February 15 Posts: 23,582

So, where is the problem? This is not The Manhattan Project. It's a movie.

Exactly. It's a movie. I'm therefore siding with @peter on this. Predictions have been pulled from thin air since NTTD was announced, and they rarely prove correct. The reasoning often given fails to take into account that EoN may not be sharing everything with us every step of the way, and also that productions can move at vastly different rates each time. This isn't an exact science at all. So the problem @peter has with this, if I'm correct, is that we're constantly being "reminded" by people who, like the rest of us, have zero involvement in the making of a Bond film, that Bond 26 can be released no sooner than [insert date], based on feeble speculation at best.
  • peterpeter Toronto

;)

It doesn't matter. That's the point.

👍🏻 …. Have at it. Scripts aren’t meant to be read. Eon may read this site. Nothing matters. Bond isn’t important. All the quotes from @DEKE_RIVERS wrapped in a bow, 😂
  • DarthDimi wrote: »

Exactly. It's a movie. I'm therefore siding with @peter on this. Predictions have been pulled from thin air since NTTD was announced, and they rarely prove correct. The reasoning often given fails to take into account that EoN may not be sharing everything with us every step of the way, and also that productions can move at vastly different rates each time. This isn't an exact science at all. So the problem @peter has with this, if I'm correct, is that we're constantly being "reminded" by people who, like the rest of us, have zero involvement in the making of a Bond film, that Bond 26 can be released no sooner than [insert date], based on feeble speculation at best.

The discussion is called "Where does Bond go after Craig?"

• peterpeter Toronto
    DarthDimi wrote: »

The discussion is called "Where does Bond go after Craig?"

Thanks for pointing that out @DEKE_RIVERS . Have a good Thursday
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

But "EON may not be sharing everything with us" is in itself an assumption pulled out of the air.

Barbara and Gregg and both stated fairly unambiguously in recent months that no work has begun on the next era yet, and there will be a new film "one day". Anyone is free to suspect they might be lying, but that's a leap of faith as much as trusting them at their word. The only information we have regarding bond 26 is what they have told us and in the absence of anything to the contrary, I'm inclined to trust them and not forum users considering they're the ones who actually make the movies.
  • peterpeter Toronto

But "EON may not be sharing everything with us" is in itself an assumption pulled out of the air.

Barbara and Gregg and both stated fairly unambiguously in recent months that no work has begun on the next era yet, and there will be a new film "one day". Anyone is free to suspect they might be lying, but that's a leap of faith as much as trusting them at their word. The only information we have regarding bond 26 is what they have told us and in the absence of anything to the contrary, I'm inclined to trust them and not forum users considering they're the ones who actually make the movies.

Awesome @Mendes4Lyfe !!

I was under the impression a while back that you weren’t too much a fan of “Babs”. But since you are and you’ve stated that the film won’t be released until ‘27 or ‘28, do you have any other theories of where they go after Craig? Especially after the trash they gave us with Bond 25?

• edited February 15 Posts: 747
    Yes, they could be lying but that's not the point. The release date could be anything but 2024.

• peterpeter Toronto
    Yes they could be lying but that's not the point. The release date could be anything but 2024.

Excellent point @DEKE_RIVERS ! Fascinating 🧐!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I think its more of frustration on the part of the fans that nothing has been announced and there is very little going around that it will continue to be that for some time. I wasn't around for the 89-95 hiatus so I don't know of it's better or worse since no social media was happening back then to get any news. But it at least appeared that they were trying to get a 3rd film rolling with Dalton, but couldn't due to financial issues, not due to lack of wanting another film from EON viewpoint.

Yesterday marked 4 years since we were supposed to get NTTD after being pushed back from the initial November 2019 release. It may not sound like a lot but compared to the 02-06 hiatus, news was in abundance for fans to speak of. Granted, they were given the rights to CR. Rumors of Tarantino and Brosnan. Brosnan leaving and many actors in the rumor mill, as well as two licensed games in EON and FRWL. Fast forward to now and there is absolutely nothing since October 2021 with the exception of BB's comments and the rumor of ATJ possibly meeting with EON. I doubt that happened though.

With that being said, I know that they don't owe us anything and we have no clue if even the slightest start has begun. I truly believe that they don't know where they want to go. Figure we've had both a self contained, Marvel like series with many years in between films and runs from other actors that were being pumped out like a factory. I guess some of us need to ask ourselves and hypothetically to EON that how long is too long and at what point will they crap or get off the pot. We also should note that if Craig decided not to come back after Spectre, that we would have been in the same scenario that we're in now in 2017-2018. 2 out of the 4.5 year delay (not counting the 1.5 years in Covid delays) was spent hedging bets on whether Craig was coming back.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Well, what if they did put the series to rest for a decade? Then what? Do you think that, after this hypothetical decade lay off, that once they release the film, the cinemas won’t be packed?

It’s only too long to the die hard fans.
  • There's no ideas, no direction and no actor. Or if there are; they're boring. Craig did a lot to carry his films just because of the person he is.

Awesome @Mendes4Lyfe !!

I was under the impression a while back that you weren’t too much a fan of “Babs”. But since you are and you’ve stated that the film won’t be released until ‘27 or ‘28, do you have any other theories of where they go after Craig? Especially after the trash they gave us with Bond 25?

I don't agree with her creative decision making, especially on the last two films, but she still has more insight into the inner workings than anything of us, when she states things outright we have treat it with a certain level of veracity. If there were a legitimate reason to doubt her and Greggs statements, a leaked meeting, credible industry rumours, then it might be a different story, but disbelieving what they have said purely as a matter of course seems misguided.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Awesome @Mendes4Lyfe !!

I don't agree with her creative decision making, especially on the last two films, but she still has more insight into the inner workings than anything of us, when she states things outright we have treat it with a certain level of veracity. If there were a legitimate reason to doubt her and Greggs statements, a leaked meeting, credible industry rumours, then it might be a different story, but disbelieving what they have said purely as a matter of course seems misguided.

I like the change of tune @Mendes4Lyfe …. And I agree with you up to a certain point. To think that no thought and no development has gone into the biggest IP they have is taking an innocent view on how important this series is, and what stakes it has in the industry (both as a box office driver and a generator of hundreds and hundreds of jobs).

But, once again, one has the right to believe in whatever one wants (and what EoN said or didn’t say wasn’t my original point at all, nor was my original post directed at your assumptions, but more the entitlement of any fan base to want, no, demand, to know what is going on *now*).
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Well, what if they did put the series to rest for a decade? Then what? Do you think that, after this hypothetical decade lay off, that once they release the film, the cinemas won’t be packed?

It would probably work in their favor. Especially if the film is on a CR or SF-like level. Jurassic World and Star Wars come to mind in comparison of having a franchise, excluding anything but a feature film with a long layoff in between that came back very strong in terms of box office. There's no concrete situation that will please everyone. People came back to the franchise after three separate 4+ year breaks. I get that the die-hards (myself included) that its frustrating to an extent that it's been very quiet and I'll stress that my posts aren't aimed at EON to give give give us something. But we also are willing to give them the benefit that if they need the time to sort out what they want and give us everything we want in a Bond film then it was all worth it. The last thing we want is a generic script and actor and boom here's a film and we're like "well that film wasn't good and why didn't they wait longer to produce something better." It like in the NFL when the starters don't play in the preseason and come out rusty in the actual season and we complain that they should have played, but if they play in the preseason and get hurt, we complain that they shouldn't have been playing.

• peter wrote: »

Awesome @Mendes4Lyfe !!

We know they can make a movie in two years. It doesn't matter if they lie or not.
  • peterpeter Toronto

It would probably work in their favor. Especially if the film is on a CR or SF-like level. Jurassic World and Star Wars come to mind in comparison of having a franchise, excluding anything but a feature film with a long layoff in between that came back very strong in terms of box office. There's no concrete situation that will please everyone. People came back to the franchise after three separate 4+ year breaks. I get that the die-hards (myself included) that its frustrating to an extent that it's been very quiet and I'll stress that my posts aren't aimed at EON to give give give us something. But we also are willing to give them the benefit that if they need the time to sort out what they want and give us everything we want in a Bond film then it was all worth it. The last thing we want is a generic script and actor and boom here's a film and we're like "well that film wasn't good and why didn't they wait longer to produce something better." It like in the NFL when the starters don't play in the preseason and come out rusty in the actual season and we complain that they should have played, but if they play in the preseason and get hurt, we complain that they shouldn't have been playing.

It’s a no-win for EoN and that’s why they keep things close to the vest.

I’m on a project right now, with a cast and a director.

My producer has announced the director on our IMDB page, but hasn’t yet announced the cast and has kept us in the “option” category, but we are well into Preproduction. By some theories, like @Mendes4Lyfe , he’d look at this page and assume my project is an optioned property with no cast and not much going on. But he’d be absolutely incorrect.

The reality is, my producer is finalizing financing, and is signing crew and getting schedules ready for a late spring/early summer shoot (aka as preproduction). The producer made a decision not to put any heat or spotlight on us until she’s good and ready to make announcements (which she usually doesn’t make until the first week of principal!l).

So it goes back to my point that people are free to think whatever they want, but in film, most people not named James Gunn tend to keep their developments close to their chest until the time is right to announce.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex

My producer has announced the director on our IMDB page, but hasn’t yet announced the cast and has kept us in the “option” category, but we are well into Preproduction. By some theories, like @Mendes4Lyfe , he’d look at this page and assume my project is an optioned property with no cast and not much going on. But he’d be absolutely incorrect.

The reality is, my producer is finalizing financing, and is signing crew and getting schedules ready for a late spring/early summer shoot (aka as preproduction). The producer made a decision not to put any heat or spotlight on us until she’s good and ready to make announcements (which she usually doesn’t make until the first week of principal!l).

So it goes back to my point that people are free to think whatever they want, but in film, most people not named James Gunn tend to keep their developments close to their chest until the time is right to announce.

Genuine question. because I don't know how these things work: don't Eon have to have a shell company set up before hiring cast, director, writer etc?
  • peterpeter Toronto

Genuine question. because I don't know how these things work: don't Eon have to have a shell company set up before hiring cast, director, writer etc?

Yes. Companies will open a shell company. It keeps the accounting clean. All money gets put in, and taken out of one place. Easier to track every penny.

I haven’t looked into this, but I’ve been told that it looks like EoN has opened one. I myself haven’t looked into this, but it has been floated they have opened something. Maybe someone on here knows/has seen if this is true?
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex

Yes. Companies will open a shell company. It keeps the accounting clean. All money gets put in, and taken out of one place. Easier to track every penny.

I haven’t looked into this, but I’ve been told that it looks like EoN has opened one. I myself haven’t looked into this, but it has been floated they have opened something. Maybe someone on here knows/has seen if this is true?
    Thank you, that is interesting.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited February 15 Posts: 1,440

Thank you, that is interesting.

They haven't. Not as far as I'm aware. There is a B26 LTD but it was registered by someone else years ago and is unrelated to James Bond. No official progress, not even the shell company yet, unfortunately. But yes, that is the first expected step. They could always not do what we expect, which is to create the company, hire writers, get a script, find a director, and then cast an actor. They could mix that up but I don't expect them to.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @LucknFate usually they open a shell under “B” and the number of the film.

I heard they maybe opened a company under a title (not necessarily of the upcoming film”… have u heard of this?
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    @LucknFate usually they open a shell under “B” and the number of the film.

I heard they maybe opened a company under a title (not necessarily of the upcoming film”… have u heard of this?

That I hadn't heard, I don't think. Would love to be wrong/see that.

It's like casting pearls before swine but I appreciate you always grounding these hypothetical discussions in actual facts.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I do think firstly the initial wait for NTTD, the covid delay (no fault of EON), then the "divisive" reception to the film haven't helped the wait for Bond 26.

I think people who were unsatisfied with NTTD just want the next Bond film to help forget the last one. I can understand that to be honest.
  • We want another Bond movie. That's all.
    We want another Bond movie. That's all.

Bingo.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited February 15 Posts: 8,571
    We want another Bond movie. That's all.

Bingo.

Who on this site, doesn’t want a new Bond film, @DEKE_RIVERS ??

Edit: thanks @BMB007

Edit No. 2: @LucknFate … it was something like “shooting bullets”, or “winter bullets”— something along those lines