What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited September 2023 Posts: 7,981
    The USSR was always a tricky place to do business. One day you were hero of the SOviet Union, the enxt you were disgraced. Pushkin was internally hailed for his operation to undermine illegal American arms trading in Afghanistan. He was then seen as a Breznjev man, and as soon as Gorbatchev took power, he was in trouble. He knew this, bought some land in Afghanistan and started growing poppies himself.
    He made a deal with the black leopard brotherhood, and lived undetected for quite some time. When 9-11 happened, and the Americans came, his livelyhood was utterly destroyed. He took what he could with him, managed to convince some US soldiers that he was a friendly local and finally made it on board one of the planes retreating from Kabul.
    Last, he was seen driving a cab in New York.

SALLAH%20JOHN%20RHYS%20DAVIES%20INDIANA%20JONES%20V%20AND%20THE%20DIAL%20OF%20DESTINY.png
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Good stuff about Pushkin! Quite a varied selection of jobs and adventures!

Lets move on to a secondary character from LTK. Not many characters from that movie survived till the end.

But I recall the banker in Isthmus City who had a grin as large as a Texas mile. A banker that was used to dealing with clients who wanted to deposit money with some discreetness. I think the movie alluded to the fact that Sanchez had his fingers in the vault!

Whatever happened to the grinning banker from LTK?

IMG_2772-584x247.png
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The banker is E. Montolongo, and he would continue to grin in such a manner as long as he had an ex-beauty pageant contestant as a secretary. Hot damn!
    Last I heard, he was working for a bank in Switzerland, and one of his assignments there was to prepare the money for a ransom or something. So still in the shady side of the banking business, I guess.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, after Sanches's demise, Ishtmus had a bit of a power vacuum. Montelongo quickly made up his mind, and one late sunday evening was seen leaving his office with his secretary and a couple of big suitcases. Only the next day, bank employees who bothered to show up, found the vaults empty. That was immediately also the end of Ishtmus.
    The country went bankrupt, and was quickly taken over by Mexico in the one-hour war (which consistet of a couple of Mexican soldiers walking over to the presidential palace, and raising the Mexican flag).
    The banker was never seen again. Years later, rumours had it he had gone to a certain Cuban clinic, as one of the first patients, but something went horribly wrong.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Wasn't always so happy.
    How's your girl?
    M e l t e d your c o l d heart yet?

claudio-brook-in-simon-of-the-desert-1965-original-title-simon-del-desierto--album.jpg
    acbfe98d51465871f0d830fd86450e241627761567106913.jpg

8d7073e1-a2ab-41c5-95de-3d1e8e470828_screenshot.jpg
    Montelongo.png
    Love that guy, Claudio Brook. I'd like to watch more movies with him. A couple of Buñuels probably. I remember him from Foxtrot with Peter O'Toole (a Mexican co-production) and as the bad guy in Entrega inmediata, one of the last really good Cantinflas movies (in that, he spoke in Spanish but using a foreign accent-- always fun). Also a talented voice actor. When they made him, they "Brook" the mold (ugh).

Sorry I don't have anything on-topic to add to the thread for now.
    It took some doing to wipe that smile off Señor Montelongo's (or Montolongo's) face.

d318182045fdbe84d398216199e5a9057bb1a10d.gifv
    13350_v9_ba.jpg
  • He hooked up with Felix and they went fly fishing seeing as Felix had made a quick recovery at end of film from being mauled by a great white and his wife being murdered on wedding night.
    Hehe, I'm the manager of Banco de Isthmus.
    Montelongo.png

Hehe. I can't believe it. It's me. I'm the manager. Money, baby, lotsa money!

What do you mean Sanchez is dead? But what's going to happen to the bank now?
    13350_v9_ba.jpg

Hehe, I've had enough of being a mere manager. How about turning it into Banco de Montelongo?
    Montelongo.png

Money, baby, lotsa money!
    There is the Cask of a Montelongo to remember him in perpetuity.

08953626dccdb6e7afdf59795a14b960b77ce39d.pnj

f7ce83c573b8c8895db26ec8a327cc37.gif
    Good stuff! The banker seemed to do alright even though his main customer went up in flames, seems he didn't go to smoke!

Okay lets revisit a character we did from Licence to Kill, as I said there aren't many living after that adventure!

He's everyone's favourite money laundering preacher. Bless his heart Professor Joe Butcher had no shame in being the front for Sanchez. Created a complex, wrote a book and even helped to set prices of the drugs in various American cities!

Last seen running from his complex sans bag of money. I am asking for the second time, no peeking what was written before!

Whatever happened to Professor Joe Butcher?
  • SeanoSeano Minnesota. No, it's not always cold.
    The new government in Isthmus was only too happy to serve Professor Joe up to the American DEA in return for what turned out to be largely illusory promises of increased economic aid.

As the last remaining member of Sanchez's inner circle, Butcher was seen as a big get, and he faced 57 charges related to Sanchez's extensive U.S. operations. However, thanks to a good lawyer and his own considerable charm, Butcher was able to convince a jury to acquit him of the most serious charges. He spent 18 months in a minimum-security prison.

Upon release, Butcher wrote a best-selling memoir, detailing his life and his experiences inside the Sanchez organization. He went on a successful media tour, where he revealed that his time in prison had caused him to rediscover his more traditional Christian roots versus the New Age-influenced philosophies he had preached while in Isthmus.

Butcher returned to his home state of New Mexico and opened a thriving megachurch outside of Albuquerque. His television ministry reached over 100 stations in the U.S. and was broadcast in 12 countries across Latin and South America.

The now-octogenarian Butcher saw his ministerial days end in 2018, when a surveillance tape from his church was leaked to The New Yorker. It showed Butcher engaged a questionably-consensual sexual encounter with one of his parishioners. While he was never charged with a crime, this disgrace forced him into retirement. Butcher retreated to his mountain villa in Taos where died just eight months later in early 2019 after an overdose of fentanyl.

Although it was never proven, most believe the leak of the tape was engineered by Butcher's son, "Joey Junior", who took over the ministry and aligned it with the right-wing evangelical movement that supported Donald Trump. Joey Junior has become a leading voice of New Mexico's Republican Party and is widely considered the likely GOP nominee for Governor in 2026.

Butcher's son ?!?
    yes-wayne-newton.gif
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 1,641
    prof became a singer in Vegas but he had to quit/go into hiding due to a stalker from Chicago named Balki Bartokomous :D

(I have "won" this discussion now , game , set & match :P

(lmfao , awesome trolling that music video LOL !)

Ran a weight loss scam targeting demographics that didn't really need it.

41uv6mkD+nL.jpg

edited September 2023 Posts: 13,060

Tried and failed to copyright a commonly used phrase.

blessyourheartsvg.jpg?fit=600%2C600&ssl=1

UPDATE:

On the Butcher book below: US 49.95. Ouch!

Tried his hand as a restaurateur as well.

Can't imagine what items appeared on the menu. Or rather I don't have time at the moment to speculate.

326328442_550602383793997_7730161353633436687_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=52f669&_nc_ohc=iZJbYEh6gGoAX_lR8v5&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=00_AfCvxBt3PEACxDdbqs0eewyjJLxc-0kUpctB9zpHeR_UMA&oe=650BB3CB
    327369234_536402491791005_1688065847046141730_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a2f6c7&_nc_ohc=H5TTlo7MfLsAX-CTaGR&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AfAxlmdVoT9ZrzlVlxJcR0LlI3oPWaZ_WRXZ0uqKlrDiZg&oe=650C08B5
    It took some doing to wipe that smile off Señor Montelongo's (or Montolongo's) face.
    Just to add, that either spelling is alright in my (cheque) book.

53192674253_1d5aaa6435_o.png

Regarding Professor Joe, I feel like we've played this character several times already - the televangelist who would continue to bless hearts everywhere. He's still signing books.

33656421408_0c4543d64b_z.jpg
    Time to move on to Goldeneye to keep pace with Benny's thread!

She was last seen killing a cat from a stage inside Russia! Valentin Zukovsky was her boy friend and benefactor. He provided the club and she provided the sour notes. Yes I am talking about Irina who sang Stand By Your Man with gusto and nearly made Bond's ears bleed!

GoldenEye-Minnie-Driver.png

Whatever happened to Irina from Goldeneye?
    [Updated post above.]

09deec7d0f752b0da0b21bbbcbdd714482736020.gifv
    A deaf talent scout saw potential in Irina, and by the end of 1996 her debut album was released. Consisting of covers as well as original songs inspired by her own personal experiences, the album was a huge commercial flop. Tracklisting below:

SIDE A
    1. Stand by Your Man *
    2. Lucky Me
    3. Charming, Sophisticated
    4. Shaken, But Not Stirred
    5. Raining in Baltimore +
    6. Valentin

SIDE B
    1. Strangling the Cat
    2. His Mistress
    3. Very Talented Girl
    4. Memories ++
    5. Take A Hike

* written by Billy Sherrill and Tammy Wynette
    + written by Counting Crows
    ++ written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Trevor Nunn

53192057682_f7654da4bf_o.png
    53192057852_68c9ea0c55_o.png

The album is extremely hard to find, due to poor sales, and this example here has undergone just five seconds of playback time - not adding to its value!
    edited September 2023 Posts: 13,060
    Is that available on 8-Track? Or Mini-Disc?

ge.gif?resize=700%2C298

Irina dropped the false identity (Irina) and returned to her hometown outside Detroit, Michigan.

Her attempt to take on a false Russian persona to escape personal issues failed. Agonizing over a past boyfriend who disappeared and stood her up at the high school prom had its limits. She had to get on with her life.

Luckily FM 79.5 welcomed her return to broadcasting and she was quickly back in the seat.

126167fbc62d15bcced55c4783436343328b86bb.gifv
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTEUDCbnuV1otcM8m2fh9jcXZtGUJ4stNE9HI-N-0iHsCsu3Zo3wNwNgye5CYprYI2cQI&usqp=CAU
    hLS3h8C.gif
    Is that available on 8-Track? Or Mini-Disc?
    Yes, @RichardTheBruce - Minnie-Disc!

A loose bird reference in there, with Irina (Irena) singing 'Raining in Baltimore' by the Counting Crows in Gardner's novelization.
    Did Valentin duet with her on "Take A Hike"? Or maybe just the backing vocals?

Love the creativity on display! Wow very impressive and always brings a smile and laugh to my weary face.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Just to add, that either spelling is alright in my (cheque) book.
    Yes, a name containing "monto" is very fitting for a banker. Though by adding the "longo", I can't help being reminded of "Biggus Dickus". Especially since the latter's name in the German version of LOB is "Schwanzus Longus".,

"Irina" means peace.

I hope she found hers.

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Irina tried to emigrate to the U.S. when things went awry in Russia. Sadly, the estate of Tammy Wynette threatened a lawsuit if she ever set foot on American soil. So she's making do as a kitchen help in a remote Siberian town, occasionally singing "Kalinka" when there's no one else around.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Irina literally took a hike and never came back.
    After emigrating to the United States, Irina went on American Idol, and won.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    mattjoes wrote: »
    After emigrating to the United States, Irina went on American Idol, and won.

"Very talented girl."