Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• buddyoldchapbuddyoldchap Formerly known as JeremyBondon
    Not Bond

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    As I’ve sails, many of the actors proposed over the last decade are aging out; when production/ casting actually heats up, there will be a significant influx of new names.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Ludovico wrote: »
    At 44, he'd been back at old Bond/last mission by his first Bond film! Because they won't start shooting next year.
    Yeah, there is that... :))
  • The next Bond is probably still at drama school as EON are that far off filming.
    I wonder how long after the writer's strike is settled EON will toss fans a bone.
  • Cube1701Cube1701 Wales
    I think that Iain De Caestecker (best known as Fitz in Agents of SHIELD) could make for a great Bond. He was wonderful throughout the whole show, and portrayed different versions of the character that shows he could pull off all the different aspects of Bond. He really is a great actor.

TzlCrkv.jpg
  • QsCatQsCat London
    edited September 2023 Posts: 251
    Cube1701 wrote: »
    I think that Iain De Caestecker (best known as Fitz in Agents of SHIELD) could make for a great Bond. He was wonderful throughout the whole show, and portrayed different versions of the character that shows he could pull off all the different aspects of Bond. He really is a great actor.

TzlCrkv.jpg

I think you depressed everyone with this post

:))

He looks like a hotel assistant manager there.

• edited September 2023 Posts: 699
    "Were you expecting an actor?" 😁
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Just wait for them to cast Paul Mescal. You thought Craig took too much time between films and the character was too dour? You'll love this generation's Philip Seymour Hoffman trapped in the body of a matinee idol with a list of proposed projects from here to Pinewood. We'll finally get 007 in New York. Which will be exclusively set in an airport lounge with him reminiscing about the mission and his live as an assassin. No other actors. Coming 2032.
    The next Bond is probably still at drama school as EON are that far off filming.

Or at nursery! Lol
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    The worrying thing for me with the casting of Bond #7, is there's more actors I'd rather not see in the role, than ones I like the idea of.

Most of the suggestions don't feel Bondian to me, feels very much like casting against type. Can't put my finger on it
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,934
    Yeah, the worry is that because casting against type worked so brilliantly last time, it might become the standard way it's done. Although, Craig played Bond for so long that tradcasting someone like Aidan Turner might actually qualify as being 'against type' at this point! ;)
    Former Bond candidate Sam Neil recently mentioned Jack Lowden. Lowden remains one of my top picks; he would be excellent for a more traditional approach.
  • bondywondy wrote: »
    The next Bond is probably still at drama school as EON are that far off filming.

Or at nursery! Lol

Or still a glint in his father's eye...

Seems cobbled together from years of rumors.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited September 2023 Posts: 8,548

The article confuses several details. We were never close to Nolan directing a Bond film before. Perhaps the writer meant Villeneuve, who did actually meet EoN about directing Craig’s last film, but they couldn’t work out a schedule, since he was knee deep in preproduction on Dune.

And nothing can unfold before the strikes are over.

I’ve nothing against Nolan directing a Bond film— he is visually very gifted. One of the best. But writing the script? The danger there is the same one Boyle ran into: namely the script wasn’t working and Boyle wouldn’t let script doctors on board to do their jobs.

I believe Nolan would have some interesting story ideas, but he’s a god awful scriptwriter and needs his brother and his sister in law, at least, working with him.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 155
    talos7 wrote: »

Seems cobbled together from years of rumors.

It depends whether the source is credible. I wouldn't be surprised if he/she is.

@peter A 100% do not let Nolan write alone LOL
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Unpopular opinion, but i don't want Nolan to direct Bond 26, unless he does something ala From Russia With Love and Octopussy.
    His favourites are OHMSS, and Dalton in TLD.
    Univex wrote: »
    Also TSWLM.
    Univex wrote: »

I'd be game for that admittedly, provided he brings his brother on board to help write the script
    I'd give both my testicles to science for something similar to TLD, starring Aidan Turner, directed by Nolan.
    I'd give both my testicles to science for something similar to TLD, starring Aidan Turner, directed by Nolan.

Bloody hell mate. Aidan Turner is my pick for Bond #7 too, but I wouldn't sacrifice my Thunderballs for it
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Bloody hell mate. Aidan Turner is my pick for Bond #7 too, but I wouldn't sacrifice my Thunderballs for it

IwWxD0i.gif

The name's Spade. Samuel Spade. Clive Owen perhaps could scratch that period Bond itch, if only just a little, it is welcome.

“Monsieur Spade centers around the infamous protagonist of American writer Dashiell Hammett’s 1930 classic novel The Maltese Falcon.

The year is 1963, and the legendary Detective Sam Spade (Owen) is enjoying his retirement in the South of France. By contrast to his days as a private eye in San Francisco, Spade’s life in Bozouls is peaceful and quiet. But the rumored return of his old adversary will change everything.

Six beloved nuns have been brutally murdered at the local convent. As the town grieves, secrets emerge, and new leads are established. Spade learns that the murders are somehow connected to a mysterious child who is believed to possess great powers.”

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I never really saw Owen as a potential Bond.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Me neither. From what I've seen of him he'd have been incredibly boring.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,934
    Agreed, Clive Owen was one I actively didn't want. Same with Idris. I could see why some people liked them for it, but...nah, not the men for the job. IMO, obvs.