Would you rather spend time in Venice with Tatiana (FRWL) OR Vesper (CR 06)

Comments

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited July 2023 Posts: 3,391
    I would go with an unknown actor, I want to see him taking the role on his own, than an established star who's very hard for me to see as Bond because what I see are his past roles (Cavill for Superman, Moore for Templar/Sinclair, Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange).

As long as they're not related to any big time roles.

And as long as they're not heavily propagated by media (looking at you, Aidan Turner, Aaron Taylor Johnson, Idris Elba).

I'd liked to have an actor which was out of the media's radar, unexpected.
  • As long as the actor is British and is a decent actor I don't mind. I dont want a pretty boy who can't act.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited July 2023 Posts: 2,932
    Relative unknown, same as Dan was in 2005. British tv viewers would've seen Dan a few times and recognised his face, but few among a general 'watching public'-type audience would've known his name. Most of his films were far more niche than that. I was going to say that Sope's probably in a similar position now, but with streaming, etc, the viewing audiences for anything are far more diffuse than they were 20 years ago, so probably even fewer people know who Sope is than knew who Dan was, tbh.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Simply as a point of reference, someone with a level of notoriety , and accomplishment, as Turner, Lowden or Claflin is probable; I’m comfortable with that.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    I think an unknown is always much more interesting, as one wouldn't know what to expect...which makes it all the more ultra-exciting.
    I think an unknown is always much more interesting, as one wouldn't know what to expect...which makes it all the more ultra-exciting.

I agree with you!
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Time for another would you rather to getting us into the fantasy of the series and the character!

Would you rather have James Bond's gadgets or his charisma and charm?
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    yes
    Well, since I already have his charm, I'll take the gadgets.

Oh, alright, I'll answer seriously. If I have to choose, I'll take the charisma. I can buy gadgets, charisma is harder to find.
    Okay how about this one. They are casting the new Bond movie:

Would you rather be a villain in a James Bond movie or one of Bond's trusted allies?
    Be one of Bond's trusted allies, of course.

I'd liked to work with Bond rather than try to kill him (it's a bit sad on my part, of course).

Working with Bond seemed interesting.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    I'd like to be Bond's wingman.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    This is a tough one, as I really like Tabasco.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Either way, you’re probably going to die….
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Not sure. An ally seems "correct". On the other hand...

tg04zl0cownm.jpg

Some things have their perks.
    thedove wrote: »
    Time for another would you rather to getting us into the fantasy of the series and the character!

Would you rather have James Bond's gadgets or his charisma and charm?

Gadgets can't buy you love, let's put it this way.
    I know actors say the villain is always the better role as it allows for "balls to the walls" in terms of scene stealing and such. However you know that unless you are a quiet 7'4" man with metal teeth you aren't coming back for a second film. So I guess there is that, although if it's a sacrificial lamb role look out.

I would like to be cast as Columbo or Draco in terms of well written and important characters to the story. If the role is Luigi or Campbell from the same movies I am passing.
  • Yes, actors do tell us that a good villain's role is a lot of fun to play... and many Bond "allies" tend to end up dead half-way through the film. So although both are probably going to die before the film's end, the main villain is always going to be chewing the scenery throughout the length of the film, while the ally may only last for half the film...and even then, he'll mostly just be there for the sake of providing exposition. Additionally, the villain is probably going to have some interesting interactions with the main Bond Girl, while the ally may not even get to meet her. I'll take the villain's role, please.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    peter wrote: »
    Either way, you’re probably going to die….

Exactly.
    Yes, but how you get there would be interesting. Are you Chuck Lee? or are you Goldfinger sucked out into the atmosphere? the more I contemplate this I think I would rather be the villain.
    Would you rather be or rather play? I'm a nice person overall and Bond villains are often depraved megalomaniac unpleasant men. Or woken, sometimes. So I'd rather be an ally, depending of the ally (preferably one that survives, then again allies have overall a better survival rate.)

Now if I was an actor, of course I'd rather play a villain. In a heartbeat.
    Well, villains do suffer a horrible and painful death, Sanchez did got burned to death, for example, some of them are very brutal and I don't want to suffer those (think of Alec Trevelyan's death, that's traumatic and I don't want to imagine myself in that kind of situation), yes, even I'm an actor myself hahaha 😅.

Unless, it's Max Zorin that just got fallen off to the sea, or Blofeld that died because of nanobots (except that getting thrown off the smokestack thing, that's painful too).

An ally meanwhile, do have a less painful death (well, except Quarrel).

I'd rather be a Draco like figure, a rich ally, or someone like Tiger Tanaka (both of them are rich, have their own men, but also survived).
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 14,838
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    Well, villains do suffer a horrible and painful death, Sanchez did got burned to death, for example, some of them are very brutal and I don't want to suffer those (think of Alec Trevelyan's death, that's traumatic and I don't want to imagine myself in that kind of situation), yes, even I'm an actor myself hahaha 😅.

Unless, it's Max Zorin that just got fallen off to the sea, or Blofeld that died because of nanobots (except that getting thrown off the smokestack thing, that's painful too).

An ally meanwhile, do have a less painful death (well, except Quarrel).

I'd rather be a Draco like figure, a rich ally, or someone like Tiger Tanaka (both of them are rich, have their own men, but also survived).

I would hate, hate, hate to be Draco. Of all of Bond's allies, he's the one who had it worst. I'd rather be one of them that died a gruesome death. Heck, given the choice, I'd rather be maimed by a shark on my wedding day than be Draco.
    Deleted
    Interesting thoughts shared yet again! Love the pros and cons of this and how we came to our decisions. This next one came to me recently when I was listening to a Bond soundtrack!

Would you rather listen to a John Barry soundtrack OR a David Arnold soundtrack?

You can tell us what soundtrack you would listen to, but you must choose from these two talented men. Sidenote, I hope David is asked back to introduce a new Bond.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    John Barry was a god and elevated the films he worked on (Bond, or not; I like Diamonds and TMWTGG more so because of his special gifts).

His music and talents will never be listened to again. So although I appreciate Arnold, I passionately will always want to listen to a Barry soundtrack (over pretty much anyone, barring early Danny Elfman).
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, that's easy. Barry, of course. And not just of course, but by default. No one comes close in my opinion, save for John Williams.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    thedove wrote: »
    Would you rather listen to a John Barry soundtrack OR a David Arnold soundtrack?
    borat-what-you-joke.gif
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    There is no James Bond film series without John Barry. So of course, Barry.

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    I love them both, but its' John Barry for me.