Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    He’s probably just riding high from all the “savior of cinema” feedback that it’s probably gone to his head. I don’t expect MI7 to do MAVERICK business though. That movie was more of a perfect storm, a sequel to a nearly 40 year old pop culture film, whereas MI7 is basically another installment of a long running franchise, which should probably do about as well as FALLOUT more or less.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He plays hardball and fights for what he thinks is best for his film.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    He’d probably have better luck conjuring whatever voodoo magic Scientology.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Not sure I believe that story, unless it comes from many months back. Unless there is some aspect that isn’t being reported, I just doubt that he would expect other projects to do that.
    Nolan’s films don’t interest me I’m afraid so I’ll be seeing MI7 no matter what.
    He’d probably have better luck conjuring whatever voodoo magic Scientology.

Irrelevant…
    He’s probably just riding high from all the “savior of cinema” feedback that it’s probably gone to his head. I don’t expect MI7 to do MAVERICK business though. That movie was more of a perfect storm, a sequel to a nearly 40 year old pop culture film, whereas MI7 is basically another installment of a long running franchise, which should probably do about as well as FALLOUT more or less.

I think the film will get close to a billion
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Simon Pegg looks exhausted :D
    This film looks sick man can't wait get mcquirre to do a bond film!
    This film looks sick man can't wait get mcquirre to do a bond film!

Hmmm..., that's a really good idea :)

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll be there day one! This'll likely be THE action movie of the year for me.
    edited June 2023 Posts: 7,964
    Prepping with a marathon, tonight, Rogue Nation
    I was trying to push mine as close to the release of the latest one as possible but I'm impatient and might start sooner rather than later. I don't get to enjoy my physical media much anymore so might dig out my 4K copies finally for another rewatch.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    With delay of Avatar 3 till 2025 will Paramount delay Dead Reckoning Part Two from June 2024 to December 2024 ?
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland

"War is coming". Seriously? Again? This sentence is used way too much lately...

Nevertheless, this movie looks very good.
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 252
    Behind the Scenes - Rome

Damn that looks amazing
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well that looks absolutely tremendous; I think that will be the highlight of the film for me.
    And the Fiat is a
    gadget car! How fun. Seems like it's electric too?
    Man, that looks brilliant. I'm so stoked for this movie.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Oh wow!
    That's how to do a car chase in Rome.
    I don’t know; it seems to pale in comparison to the Rome chase in SPECTRE 😏
    talos7 wrote: »
    I don’t know; it seems to pale in comparison to the Rome chase in SPECTRE 😏

Needs more awkward CGI rendering of the henchman in pursuit. Also, why aren't the streets completely empty??
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Hmm… tiny yellow car (FYEO), handcuff driving (TND), and Rome (SP). And it’ll prob be a better chase than all of them. M:I is certainly trying to eat Bond’s lunch. But at the same time let’s not forget we got a pretty solid Matera chase in NTTD.

Bond 26 will have to top this.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2023 Posts: 14,934
    I think there's a finite amount of ways of doing a chase so I don't think they're copying Bond per se.

That said, this poster does look quite familiar! :D

Fylr7s8WwAI3YiS?format=jpg&name=small

Aren't they on the wrong sides of the car?
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 118
    Tickets on sale now in the USA can't wait!
    Got my tickets booked for the 11th of July
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    It really looks incredible… the locales are really selling me and the action looks top notch as usual. My suspicion is that it has potential to be the best M:I film, but ultimately that will come down to the script and overall flow. Fallout will be very hard to top!
    Tickets on sale now in the USA can't wait!
    Got my tickets booked for the 11th of July

Thanks for the reminder! I just got my ticket too, July 11th at 2 p.m. I was surprised to not only get a showing that early but that my podunk local theater actually had tickets already available. I'll gladly call off work early to see this ASAP.
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 669
    I love Bond more than anything in the world (pop culture-wise, at least) so I hate to talk bad about it...but this seriously looks like Cruise and McQ watched SPECTRE and said, "Oh, that's cute...but can we make a REAL car chase in Rome now?"
    I love Bond more than anything in the world (pop-culture wise, at least) so I hate to talk bad about it...but this seriously looks like Cruise and McQ watched SPECTRE and said, "Oh, that's cute...but can we make a REAL car chase in Rome now?"

Exactly how I've felt for a while now. Bond will always reign supreme to me and be the absolute best cinematic hero out there, but in the entertainment and stunts department, M:I is the far and away winner throughout the past few installments of each respective series.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I love Bond more than anything in the world (pop culture-wise, at least) so I hate to talk bad about it...but this seriously looks like Cruise and McQ watched SPECTRE and said, "Oh, that's cute...but can we make a REAL car chase in Rome now?"

Honestly that chase was a waste of £24 million of cars.