Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Tom Cruise's hair is longer at the minute than it was in the trailer and stills from MI7. If they're filming MI8 now, is there a possible time jump between the films?

MI7 takes place now and then a few years later MI8 takes place? Similar to SP and NTTD?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited April 2023 Posts: 7,959
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Tom Cruise's hair is longer at the minute than it was in the trailer and stills from MI7. If they're filming MI8 now, is there a possible time jump between the films?

MI7 takes place now and then a few years later MI8 takes place? Similar to SP and NTTD?

Absolutely…

It also allows Cruise to sport both of his Hunt looks in his probable swan song. , long and short hair.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    It has been announced that Tom Cruise will be attending the Coronation of King Charles III next weekend. Tom certainly enjoys spending time in the UK.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2023 Posts: 14,927
    I believe his daughter lives here, which I guess is part of it.

I see McQ has posted on Instagram that Part 1 has wrapped (I didn't realise they were still shooting it)- that's well over three years since they started shooting. That's mad.
  • edited May 2023 Posts: 118
    I was watching fallout and is it just me or the stunt scenes look like footage of him doing the stunts live and look too realistic and should have more looked like movie polished more. You can tell it's footage of him doing the stunts and its cut into the movie.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    mtm wrote: »

I just saw that now a cool shot
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    mtm wrote: »

I just saw that now a cool shot

I wonder how much more of a challenge a rounded rooftop on the train carriage is to work with, compared to the flatter Skyfall train.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Shooting on top of trains always looks desperately dangerous to me: imagine falling from that height even if it wasn’t moving. I will never understand why Connery agreed to do that stuff in First Great Train Robbery.
    165 Minutes final runtime
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Huh, that’s a good two minutes longer than NTTD. Sorry to those who bemoan for the days of 120 or below runtime.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Huh, that’s a good two minutes longer than NTTD. Sorry to those who bemoan for the days of 120 or below runtime.

Great news.
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    165 Minutes final runtime

No doubt the pacing will be fantastic, although I won't be getting a large drink 😅
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    I love that these Mission films are coming before Bond 26. It would definitely make EON make Bond 26 even more impressive than originally intended.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2023 Posts: 23,265
    Tom Cruise says 'Your Majesty, you can be my wingman any time' at King's Coronation Concert

Awesome! Brosnan is a legend!
    Tom Cruise says 'Your Majesty, you can be my wingman any time' at King's Coronation Concert

Awesome! Brosnan is a legend!

So cool awesome
    Brosnan and Cruise in one video? Amazing!
    edited May 2023 Posts: 1,358
    The photo and the neon-like lights has a John Wick feel to it. It's funny that Mendes made the style more modern in SF in few scenes and since then almost everyone has overblown it...which isn't a bad thing, if done right.
    The photo and the neon-like lights has a John Wick feel to it. It's funny that Mendes made the style more modern in SF in few scenes and since then almost everyone has overblown it...which isn't a bad thing, if done right.

Yeah I like it it's never overblown haha

Yeah I like it it's never overblown haha

Yeah. You could say TND has that look too :)
    edited May 2023 Posts: 2,507
    Glad to see Ethan and Ilsa together in the new pic, I hope MI7 at least starts with them two together in some form. It feels like 5 and 6 have lead to that

It'd be a shame if Atwell's character takes centre stage and Ferguson takes a back seat
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

A subset of fans that like to knock the Craig era for not setting trends like in the 60s, but the visual aesthetic of SF is absolutely a major influence that has been felt for the past ten years.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It looks like the next trailer is (finally) coming soon:

A subset of fans that like to knock the Craig era for not setting trends like in the 60s, but the visual aesthetic of SF is absolutely a major influence that has been felt for the past ten years.

Yeah. There were times, I wished Mendes brought that style back for SP. Although, I think he wanted SF to be unique....that's why he didn't repeat it in SP, but kept the Silhouettes from SF.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It looks like the next trailer is (finally) coming soon:

Superb!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

Somehow, I feel you're not really sorry. If I'm wrong about that, then I'm sorry.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    So pumped for this…