Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

007HallY wrote: »
    I'm glad that someone besides me has finally mentioned Leo Suter. I first suggested him in this thread back before Vikings: Valhalla when he was completely unknown. I had seen him in a show called Beecham House where he played Tom Bateman's younger, charming but arrogant womanizing younger brother, and he came across quite Bond-like, despite only being about 25 years old or so and being in a period drama.

I agree with whoever said he was very charismatic and charming. I've seen him in 3 different shows now, and have watched many interviews, and the actor himself is very charming and seems like an expert-level ladies man. And it comes through when he's on the screen. Couple that with his physicality (he put on a lot of muscle for his Vikings role, though I'd prefer he shed a little bit of this for Bond), and his more masculine demeanor (a lot of that has to do with his lower, strong voice), and I think he's a really good candidate. And he's ridiculously handsome. He's getting quite popular with the ladies all over the internet, especially for an actor that's so relatively unknown.

I could see him doing a more charming/ladies-man type Bond, a type of Bond that is having fun and isn't too gloomy. But one that can still be pretty tough and can do the physical parts well. Another video compilation:

That's a decent video compilation. Not sure if he's necessarily jumping out at me personally (again, the clips I think do him more justice than just his photo, but it's difficult to tell out of context as I don't think I've seen him in anything).

I can imagine him getting an audition. But again I don't have much to go on.

I'll be on the lookout for the release of his upcoming film, should be interesting. Vikings is cool, but I would like to see more of him, indeed.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3234122/?ref_=nm_flmg_unrel_1_act

Looks like a good period drama to showcase something Bondian from him potentially. I’ll keep an open mind on him till then.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Taron Egerton says he's not part of the Bond conversation: "I think they've already got someone and it's not me"
    https://gamesradar.com/taron-egerton-james-bond-exclusive-tetris/

Egerton's name has also been linked to James Bond casting rumors ever since he hit the big screen in 'Kingsman: The Secret Service'. However, according to Egerton, he's not involved in the conversations for that. When asked by Total Film about this, he says: "Yeah. I mean, I think they've already got someone, and it's not me."

Pushed on whether this is just based on instinct, Egerton adds: "Yeah. I mean, I've never been a part of the conversations. I've never met the Broccolis. They've never enquired about me. I've just never been one of the guys that they're looking at. I just don't think I'm the right person for that. I think there's much, much, much better candidates for that role than me. But, you know, I'd be a very willing audience member. They're brilliant films."
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    2025 is still possible after this news :D
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Did you read the full post above @Mendes4Lyfe Pushed on whether this is just based on instinct, Egerton adds: "Yeah. I mean, I've never been a part of the conversations. I've never met the Broccolis
    He’s no more in the know of the casting process than anyone else.
    Sadly, it’s just a bit of clickbait, though I like Edgerton. Definitely not a potential James Bond though.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think he’s accurate in that he has never been part of the equation, but as far as his thinking that EON already has someone in mind, I think he is echoing the ATJ rumors.
    Benny wrote: »

Did you read the full post above @Mendes4Lyfe Pushed on whether this is just based on instinct, Egerton adds: "Yeah. I mean, I've never been a part of the conversations. I've never met the Broccolis
    Sadly, it’s just a bit of clickbait, though I like Edgerton. Definitely not a potential James Bond though.
    Oh

I assumed he must know something since why else would he say that? very odd...
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex

I'll be on the lookout for the release of his upcoming film, should be interesting. Vikings is cool, but I would like to see more of him, indeed.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3234122/?ref_=nm_flmg_unrel_1_act
    I’v been a bit doubtful on Sutter precisely because he’s been lacking a movie like this in his filmography. It’s got a bunch of talented actors in the cast, but Sutter is in the lead? That suggests someone has faith in him, so maybe he will be a contender.
    edited March 2023 Posts: 8,078
    its crazy how in a few years we're gonna know who the next guy in the tux will be. this event only happened once in this century...
    Since62 wrote: »
    Madden ? Seriously ? Once again, just watch The Take, in which his own character bemoans the sad comparison between himself and the real man hero portrayed by Idris Elba. Whether you favor Elba or not, the point is made. Madden ain't it.

If that's the logic, then Angelina Jolie should have been Bond instead of Daniel Craig.

Madden played a part in that film, as actors do. His Bond wouldn't be comparing himself to real man hero Felix Leiter. He'd be doing his job as an actor and making Bond the alpha.

I failed to communicate clearly, then.

Very much so.

What surprises me is that anyone who's seen R Madden in films would suggest he'd be someone good to portray Bond.
    Leo Sutter, born in England. He portrays a Viking well. So well that I thought I'd be in a position to borrow a line from Austin Powers - why not ? the producers did - and say "Nooo ! He's freakin' Dutch, man !" Alas....nay...
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 784
    He was a convincing actor, understated yet had a dominant screen presence.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Madden ? Seriously ? Once again, just watch The Take, in which his own character bemoans the sad comparison between himself and the real man hero portrayed by Idris Elba. Whether you favor Elba or not, the point is made. Madden ain't it.

If that's the logic, then Angelina Jolie should have been Bond instead of Daniel Craig.

Madden played a part in that film, as actors do. His Bond wouldn't be comparing himself to real man hero Felix Leiter. He'd be doing his job as an actor and making Bond the alpha.

Very much so.

What surprises me is that anyone who's seen R Madden in films would suggest he'd be someone good to portray Bond.

It was his performance in 'Bodyguard' that brought him into the conversation.
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 784

Very much so.

He is a class act.

Very likeable in GoT too.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    He’s a lot cooler with his natural Scottish accent, but I’m still not excited by the thought of him playing Bond. He’s an okay actor from what I’ve seen so far, not bad but none of his performances have won me over (not that I think you need to be a great actor to make the role work).

I’m in the minority in that I thought Bodyguard had a tense opening, then got steadily more risible until the last episode felt like a parody.

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited March 2023 Posts: 2,508

I think Calvin Dyson has just uploaded a good video on the subject of Bond 26. Even though we like different styles of Bond films, I always find myself agreeing with his perspective on Bond in general
    I enjoy Calvin’s videos.
  • Benny wrote: »

Oh

It's weird, someone posted an interview with Henry Golding a while back and he basically says the exact same thing, that he isn't being considered and that he thought they already had their man. Why would Egerton and Golding both assume they were out of it, if the casting process has supposedly not even started yet? And how would they know that they already had their man? Do they have some sort of inside info? Strange.
    Benny wrote: »

Oh

It's weird, someone posted an interview with Henry Golding a while back and he basically says the exact same thing, that he isn't being considered and that he thought they already had their man. Why would Egerton and Golding both assume they were out of it, if the casting process has supposedly not even started yet? And how would they know that they already had their man? Do they have some sort of inside info? Strange.

They are just parroting what they’ve read in the echo chamber of the tabloids and entertainment sites; I doubt if they have any actual knowledge of an actor being cast or at least being strongly considered.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited March 2023 Posts: 1,427
    If I were there agents, and we hadnt heard either way or even been contacted by Eon, thats not the answer Id suggest my talent give if they want a shot. They may have "asked around" and heard something. Granted, they may have only gotten signals that they aren't of interest. Who knows.
    We will see but I think this summer is going to be exciting for Bond fans
    More than a hint of Bond in the music…

talos7 wrote: »

Somehow he reminds me of Christian Bale.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    There's no B26 Limited, there are no screentests, there's no casting announcement imminent.
    There's no B26 Limited, there are no screentests, there's no casting announcement imminent.
    But but but there could be :)

Actually do they need to set up B26 limited in order to hire Nolan to write and direct bond 26?
    Risico007 wrote: »

Actually do they need to set up B26 limited in order to hire Nolan to write and direct bond 26?

I think so, at least in order to hypothetically pay Nolan/give him a contract.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

Somehow he reminds me of Christian Bale.

Yeah, and bring her on, too ! In fact, even without him !

Not in your dreams man. Those ate yours.
    M_Blaise wrote: »

Not in your dreams man. Those ate yours.

They are not my dreams again just because I think Nolan is directing Bond 26 doesn’t mean I want it to happen honestly I dont
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2023 Posts: 5,869
    ATJ’s just been cast alongside Nicholas Hoult in Robert Eggers’ Nosferatu remake. Two possible Bond candidates together :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    ATJ’s just been cast alongside Nicholas Hoult in Robert Eggers’ Nosferatu remake. Two possible Bond candidates together :)

It's already filming so it definitely wouldn't affect his filming, provided we're in a reality where he's already been cast as Bond.