Bond 26 Title

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    WaveLink
  • JustJamesJustJames London
    Dunno whether it’s been mooted already, but a great title for a Bond film, that they now can’t use because it’s from a Bond song, is of course “Another Way To Die”.
    JustJames wrote: »
    Dunno whether it’s been mooted already, but a great title for a Bond film, that they now can’t use because it’s from a Bond song, is of course “Another Way To Die”.

Another Way to Die, but it'll have to happen some other day, as presently there's no time for it
  • Listened to this the other day:

More titles
    Silent Weapon
    Under The Radar
    Enemy In The Eye
    Golden Number
    Your Guess Is As Good As Mine...
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Death On Holiday
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    LucknFate wrote: »
    Death On Holiday

James Bond meets Agatha Christie.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    'Death For Words'
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    GhostGun.
    Ghost Of A Chance.
    GhostEye.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Death On Holiday

It already happened.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Death On Holiday

It already happened.

True. She came up with the name first.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 13,022
    GhostGun.
    Ghost Of A Chance.
    GhostEye.

The Golden Ghost has had a couple lives.

GF05.jpg
    Goldfinger, Ian Fleming, 1959.
    Chapter 13 - "...If You Touch Me There..."
    Out in the street, Bond got quickly into his car and drove along the quai to the Bergues. So that was the picture! For two days he'd been trailing a Silver Ghost across Europe. It was an armour-plated Silver Ghost. He'd watched the last bit of plating being riveted on in Kent, and the whole lot being stripped off at Coppet. Those sheets would already be in the furnaces at Coppet, ready to be modelled into seventy chairs for a Mecca Constellation. In a few days' time those chairs would be stripped off the plane in India and replaced with aluminium ones. And Goldfinger would have made what? Half a million pounds? A million?

For the Silver Ghost wasn't silver at all. It was a Golden Ghost - all the two tons of its bodywork. Solid, eighteen-carat, white gold.

tgg.jpg
    9781845762612-fr.jpg
    Death On Holiday

It already happened.

Thankfully it was a one off. But in a way she missed a goldmine: I do think part of the success of Bond resides in his name. It's short, easy to remember, it's evocative...
    GhostGun.
    Ghost Of A Chance.
    GhostEye.

GF05.jpg
    Out in the street, Bond got quickly into his car and drove along the quai to the Bergues. So that was the picture! For two days he'd been trailing a Silver Ghost across Europe. It was an armour-plated Silver Ghost. He'd watched the last bit of plating being riveted on in Kent, and the whole lot being stripped off at Coppet. Those sheets would already be in the furnaces at Coppet, ready to be modelled into seventy chairs for a Mecca Constellation. In a few days' time those chairs would be stripped off the plane in India and replaced with aluminium ones. And Goldfinger would have made what? Half a million pounds? A million?

For the Silver Ghost wasn't silver at all. It was a Golden Ghost - all the two tons of its bodywork. Solid, eighteen-carat, white gold.

tgg.jpg
    9781845762612-fr.jpg

The Golden Ghost is a really good title. I guess it's already used, but they could take inspiration from it: use an alliteration and something that both implies luxury and menace. We could have say Silver Shark, (nom de guerre of a villain, or a missile, or a place) or something similar.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 1,368
    GhostSpy.
    GhostAgent.
    Death On Holiday

It already happened.

Thankfully it was a one off. But in a way she missed a goldmine: I do think part of the success of Bond resides in his name. It's short, easy to remember, it's evocative...
    GhostGun.
    Ghost Of A Chance.
    GhostEye.

GF05.jpg

tgg.jpg
    9781845762612-fr.jpg

The Golden Ghost is a really good title. I guess it's already used, but they could take inspiration from it: use an alliteration and something that both implies luxury and menace. We could have say Silver Shark, (nom de guerre of a villain, or a missile, or a place) or something similar.

Or a film with a lady villain with strikingly silver-white hair ! Platinum Plate ? Nah. Platinum Pirate ?
    Since62 wrote: »
    Death On Holiday

It already happened.

GhostGun.
    Ghost Of A Chance.
    GhostEye.

GF05.jpg

tgg.jpg
    9781845762612-fr.jpg

Or a film with a lady villain with strikingly silver-white hair ! Platinum Plate ? Nah. Platinum Pirate ?
    With a title having the word pirate in it, you need another word to make it sound contemporary, otherwise you'd think it's a swashbuckling movie. But not too modern as you don't want to sound like a techno thriller. Can't think of anything right now. Pirate Mob? Doesn't really work.
    GhostSpy.
    GhostAgent.

Could work. Ghost Killer? Ghost War? Could be a term for hostile actions and physical confrontations in the world of espionage.
    The Rajah's Emerald

Now to see if anyone get the reference
    Risico007 wrote: »
    The Rajah's Emerald

Agatha Christie?
    The Rajah's Emerald

Agatha Christie?

Very good I say screw it adapt that short story into an actual bond film lol
    The Rajah's Emerald

Agatha Christie?

Very good I say screw it adapt that short story into an actual bond film lol

Lol. Maybe it suits Kenneth Branagh to direct.
    Consistently with Honour.

I took this from the title of a journal article I used in my undergraduate History dissertation:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/260586
  • iamurospiamurosp Belgrade, Serbia
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    Coming to Cinemas in November 2025...

Albert R. Broccoli's EON Productions presents
    AIDAN TURNER
    as IAN FLEMING'S JAMES BOND 007
    in
    BACK OF BEYOND

(The film's climax takes place in the Australian Outback)

Not sure about the title, but I LOVE the idea it's Aidan Turner!!!
    edited March 2023 Posts: 17,805
    iamurosp wrote: »

AIDAN TURNER
    in
    BACK OF BEYOND

Well, it's one from Bond author Raymond Benson. It was the title of one of the Bond computer games he worked on in the 1980s. Benson later used the Australian Outback scene in his debut Bond continuation novel, Zero Minus Ten (1997).
    iamurosp wrote: »

AIDAN TURNER
    in
    BACK OF BEYOND

is this a Jungle Cruise joke, sideways referencing the "Backside of Water" line in the ride and the film ?
    edited March 2023 Posts: 1,368
    The Luxury Of Dying.....inspired by GoldenEye.
    Mirror to the Sky

Title of the new yes album and the only yes album title bad ass enough to be a Bond film title in my opinion
    It's About Bloody Time
    We All Fall Down

I suppose that it may be too soon after NTTD.
    Didn't Die Another Day.
    You Actually Live More Than Twice
    Die and Let Live