Bond 26 Title

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Although I do think that two in a row with 'Time' in the title probably wouldn't happen :)
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    The Choice Is Yours.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Sorry I'm a marketing major. Releasing two similar titles back to back when you're trying to distinguish a new film with a new Bond—let's put it this way, there are better options.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    It's amazing how many Fleming titles have 3, 5, or 7 syllables. Quite an ear, he had.
    Nolan with a trilogy ?!!? Firstly - he jumped the shark with his spies-moving-about-in-time film, so ONLY if it truly appears he is ready to be back. Secondly - not a trilogy with Nolan. Please. The way he'd do it, nothing about any of the first two films would make any sense until you see the third, and, even then, you'll charts and graphs.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 1,430
    Nolans movies are not hard to understand.

Goodnight And Good Fortune.
  • Informe_James_BondInforme_James_Bond Dominican Republic
    Since62 wrote: »
    Nolan with a trilogy ?!!? Firstly - he jumped the shark with his spies-moving-about-in-time film, so ONLY if it truly appears he is ready to be back. Secondly - not a trilogy with Nolan. Please. The way he'd do it, nothing about any of the first two films would make any sense until you see the third, and, even then, you'll charts and graphs.

I respect your opinion but I disagree. Yes, it's true that Nolan uses "the time" in the narrative of his films but not in ALL. Christopher Nolan's films also stand out, among other aspects, for a staging in, for the cinematography, the natural sets and above all, for the development of the main character and how he advances as the story goes on.

He made a trilogy of a comic book character and it worked. The narrative is linear. Each film has a beginning and a third act, but all three films show us how Batman evolves. Nolan knows how to tell stories and if The Dark Knight Trilogy worked, why can't it work with Bond.

The biggest point in his favor for directing a James Bond film is that he knows the character. Nolan is a James Bond fan.

;)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Since62 wrote: »

+1
  • All The Aces
    Loud And Clear
    A Moving Bullet
    King For A Day
    Winning Streak
    Promises In Blood
    Shadow Of The Ghost
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Every Second Counts

I think that works as a Bond title, although sadly has gameshow connotations :D

Next Kill Wins
  • mtm wrote: »
    Next Kill Wins
    That's good. Like a five-a-side footy game with pistols. Next Kill Triumphs 😉

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    mtm wrote: »
    Every Second Counts

Next Kill Wins

Funny I was thinking about that show with Paul Daniels myself (including the theme tune) when the phrase was used on BBC Breakfast News this morning in reference to the terrible earthquake in Syria and Turkey. That show must've been a long repressed memory.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2023 Posts: 14,957
    I remember quite enjoying it! :D
    I didn't catch it in that report; it popped up in my head because I saw mention of the gameshow on Twitter this morning.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 17,808
    I remember quite enjoying it! :D
    I didn't catch it in that report; it popped up in my head because I saw mention of the gameshow on Twitter this morning.

What a coincidence. We must have a psychic connection! :)

I can't remember a big lot about it apart from it opening with a ticking clock and the theme tune. I was still a child when it was shown but I've always liked Paul Daniels.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I can't remember a big lot about it

Not a lot?
    I can't remember a big lot about it

Not a lot?

Good one! I believe John Gardner (once a stage magician and member of the Magic Circle himself) mentioned Paul Daniels in his magician themed Herbie Kruger spy novel Confessor (1995).
    All The Aces
    Loud And Clear
    A Moving Bullet
    King For A Day
    Winning Streak
    Promises In Blood
    Shadow Of The Ghost

These are all good
    Every Second Counts

Next Kill Wins

I really like Every Second Counts
    Kisses and Guns

Twice Is Enough.
    Twice is the Only Way to Live.

(YOLT tagline)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I did think that
    The Only Way To Die
    was a bit of a nice twist on that, but I'm not sure it's very memorable.
    Twice is the Only Way to Live.

(YOLT tagline)

Yeah. A nice title hidden in a tagline. I've always loved it.
    I did think that
    The Only Way To Die

Oh, I think it's cool.
    Please understand - I have enjoyed all Nolan's films. And, yes, he made the Batman trilogy in a straightforward fashion. Were he to work a Bond film, I would hope he would not see it as a project on which to employ his mix-it-up-a-matic. Also - I enjoyed Inception and Interstellar greatly and those did have the mix-it-approach. I don't want to be boring about Bond films, but I am wary with regard to Nolan l-a-t-e-l-y. I should be more open-minded - certainly, he has shown he is capable with both straightforward and trickier narrative structures. When I say I'd not want a Bond film to be a puzzle, I realize I am being rather close-minded and (cluck !) a (cluck !) chicken...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2023 Posts: 14,957
    I did think that
    The Only Way To Die

Oh, I think it's cool.

Thanks! I think it's another that Man From UNCLE or Get Smart has got to first! But that doesn't matter- we just had a Bond film named after a Columbo episode after all :)
    I did think that
    The Only Way To Die

Oh, I think it's cool.

Thanks! I think it's another that Man From UNCLE or Get Smart has got to first! But that doesn't matter- we just had a Bond film named after a Columbo episode after all :)

Lol. Yeah. Funnily enough, most Columbo episode titles are Bondian.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 1,368
    More Or Less.
    Less Is More.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah, there's something in there: in the Per Fine Ounce area.

Oh, right....Geoffrey Jenkins' unpublished James Bond novel.
    A Most Dangerous Man