Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited March 2023 Posts: 8,026
    Since62 wrote: »
    Madden ? Seriously ? Once again, just watch The Take, in which his own character bemoans the sad comparison between himself and the real man hero portrayed by Idris Elba. Whether you favor Elba or not, the point is made. Madden ain't it.

If that's the logic, then Angelina Jolie should have been Bond instead of Daniel Craig.

Madden played a part in that film, as actors do. His Bond wouldn't be comparing himself to real man hero Felix Leiter. He'd be doing his job as an actor and making Bond the alpha.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Madden's a favorite of mine. I thought he'd make a good Bond way back during his time in Game of Thrones. They could select someone way worse.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited March 2023 Posts: 1,318
    I basically want someone with Connery's natural swagger (preferably similar looks as well) and charisma, oozing alpha male mentality. Contra trend basically.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I basically want someone with Connery's natural swagger (preferably similar looks as well) and charisma, oozing alpha male mentality. Contra trend basically.

I agree. As far as Madden, he too frequently strikes me as pouting and sullen.
    talos7 wrote: »

I agree. As far as Madden, he too frequently strikes me as pouting and sullen.

Concurred.
    Madden ? Seriously ? Once again, just watch The Take, in which his own character bemoans the sad comparison between himself and the real man hero portrayed by Idris Elba. Whether you favor Elba or not, the point is made. Madden ain't it.

If that's the logic, then Angelina Jolie should have been Bond instead of Daniel Craig.

Madden played a part in that film, as actors do. His Bond wouldn't be comparing himself to real man hero Felix Leiter. He'd be doing his job as an actor and making Bond the alpha.

I failed to communicate clearly, then. Madden's character does not merely compare poorly to the hero. Madden physically doesn't cut it. Perhaps this will demonstrate: If Sean Connery portrayed a character prior to playing Bond, wherein Connery's character was not the prime hero, "the alpha character", do you think Connery would have failed to impress from a physical standpoint ? I think not.
    Me too.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I failed to communicate clearly, then.

Very much so.
  • I'm glad that someone besides me has finally mentioned Leo Suter. I first suggested him in this thread back before Vikings: Valhalla when he was completely unknown. I had seen him in a show called Beecham House where he played Tom Bateman's younger, charming but arrogant womanizing younger brother, and he came across quite Bond-like, despite only being about 25 years old or so and being in a period drama.

I agree with whoever said he was very charismatic and charming. I've seen him in 3 different shows now, and have watched many interviews, and the actor himself is very charming and seems like an expert-level ladies man. And it comes through when he's on the screen. Couple that with his physicality (he put on a lot of muscle for his Vikings role, though I'd prefer he shed a little bit of this for Bond), and his more masculine demeanor (a lot of that has to do with his lower, strong voice), and I think he's a really good candidate. And he's ridiculously handsome. He's getting quite popular with the ladies all over the internet, especially for an actor that's so relatively unknown.

I could see him doing a more charming/ladies-man type Bond, a type of Bond that is having fun and isn't too gloomy. But one that can still be pretty tough and can do the physical parts well. Another video compilation:

I'm glad that someone besides me has finally mentioned Leo Suter. I first suggested him in this thread back before Vikings: Valhalla when he was completely unknown. I had seen him in a show called Beecham House where he played Tom Bateman's younger, charming but arrogant womanizing younger brother, and he came across quite Bond-like, despite only being about 25 years old or so and being in a period drama.

I agree with whoever said he was very charismatic and charming. I've seen him in 3 different shows now, and have watched many interviews, and the actor himself is very charming and seems like an expert-level ladies man. And it comes through when he's on the screen. Couple that with his physicality (he put on a lot of muscle for his Vikings role, though I'd prefer he shed a little bit of this for Bond), and his more masculine demeanor (a lot of that has to do with his lower, strong voice), and I think he's a really good candidate. And he's ridiculously handsome. He's getting quite popular with the ladies all over the internet, especially for an actor that's so relatively unknown.

I could see him doing a more charming/ladies-man type Bond, a type of Bond that is having fun and isn't too gloomy. But one that can still be pretty tough and can do the physical parts well. Another video compilation:

A very strong contender, good call.
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 6,677
    Yes, I can definitely see it.

leo-suter-header.jpg
    Univex wrote: »
    Yes, I can definitely see it.

leo-suter-header.jpg

Same.

3424269.jpg
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited March 2023 Posts: 2,508
    Great shout on Leo Suter, definitely deserves a screentest.

I think he's a dark horse for it right now, but he's one breakout role away from being a bigger contender. Unlike most of the suggestions, I can picture him as Bond
    Jordo007 wrote: »

I think he's a dark horse for it right now, but he's one breakout role away from being a bigger contender. Unlike most of the suggestions, I can picture him as Bond

His level of notoriety and acting background actually make him a prime prospect.
  • You’re like a bunch of fifth grade girls.
    You’re like a bunch of fifth grade girls.

Dude, remember the Sope fanboyism? You were basically the ringleader. Care?
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 784

Your top picks wouldn’t be able to give depth to the most simple and basic dramatic scenes, even if their lives depended on it.

I would like B26 to at least be a decent film.

C'mon, let's not start comparing one another based on our own subjective suggestions for the next Bond. Watch the next Bond end up being someone who's currently little recognized and we all end up being wrong.

Regardless, don't let the thread grow heated once more by firing up the attacks again please.

Your top picks wouldn’t be able to give depth to the most simple and basic dramatic scenes, even if their lives depended on it.

Harsh words. Then again they're from you. To be expected.
  • You’re like a bunch of fifth grade girls.

5d167663b834f1f8f7a6c10c2ad2c7f26764ed60.jpg

5d167663b834f1f8f7a6c10c2ad2c7f26764ed60.jpg

That as well. G'night.
    See above. It's not a hard concept to follow.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    See above. It's not a hard concept to follow.

Someone had to do it. Ban me if you must.
    Nobody had to do anything. You guys can fight and shout at one another all you want, just do it in PMs and keep the attacks out of the threads.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    So brave, some of you chaps.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

His level of notoriety and acting background actually make him a prime prospect.

Yeah it would help sell the audience on him being Bond, but do you think he's got enough film experience mate? Suter hasn't got many credits to his name

Yeah it would help sell the audience on him being Bond, but do you think he's got enough film experience mate? Suter hasn't got many credits to his name

Based on what I’ve seen he’s got more than enough experience. Prior to being cast as Superman Christopher Reeve only had a handful of credits, with the majority being limited TV appearances. Look how that turned out.

In the endI don’t know that he would be right for the role, but he definitely deserves a look by EON.
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 2,871
    I'm glad that someone besides me has finally mentioned Leo Suter. I first suggested him in this thread back before Vikings: Valhalla when he was completely unknown. I had seen him in a show called Beecham House where he played Tom Bateman's younger, charming but arrogant womanizing younger brother, and he came across quite Bond-like, despite only being about 25 years old or so and being in a period drama.

That's a decent video compilation. Not sure if he's necessarily jumping out at me personally (again, the clips I think do him more justice than just his photo, but it's difficult to tell out of context as I don't think I've seen him in anything).

I can imagine him getting an audition. But again I don't have much to go on.
    Pencil me in for a meeting.
    007HallY wrote: »

That's a decent video compilation. Not sure if he's necessarily jumping out at me personally (again, the clips I think do him more justice than just his photo, but it's difficult to tell out of context as I don't think I've seen him in anything).

I can imagine him getting an audition. But again I don't have much to go on.

I'll be on the lookout for the release of his upcoming film, should be interesting. Vikings is cool, but I would like to see more of him, indeed.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3234122/?ref_=nm_flmg_unrel_1_act