What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    fe0b9639ec8e852cb9d4bd1ac98ae46ffbdd34e7.pnj

Turns out the online posts were fabrication. Subterfuge. Obfuscation. A red herring.

The real story of the P.S. disappearance was far more sinister. And it wasn't the first time.

Maxwell190.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale lois_maxwell.jpg

6365ac594606b610ac3f3066fd3e325e.jpg mev-10795073.jpg

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Turns out the online posts were fabrication. Subterfuge. Obfuscation. A red herring.

The real story of the P.S. disappearance was far more sinister. And it wasn't the first time.

Maxwell190.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale lois_maxwell.jpg

6365ac594606b610ac3f3066fd3e325e.jpg mev-10795073.jpg

Moneypenny always had a cigarette before performing a hit. She claimed it improved the eye.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I was about to make an additional ironical remark about Lois' cigarettes, but she died of colorectal cancer, one of the main courses of which is smoking. So I rather abstain from commenting further.

Either way (and I hate to be a spoilsport), I do think that this Penelope Smallbone subject is now down to a dead horse that everyone keeps flogging. Just my two Euro-cents.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 13,005
    Well it turns out Miss Smallbone was the one smoked.

And I will wear out a joke until there is some new subject to wear out.

2691598f36827458f6a7686bdb7e8a91b8cbdf22r1-220-220_hq.gif
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Your gif link doesn't work.
    Yup. I'm moving to another device. Hope it's worth the wait.

Well...do you mind if I say: not really? But it does work now.
    Thought so
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2023 Posts: 17,797
    This thread is really going up in smoke.
    Yeah now it can just take on a slow burn. Like Miss Penelope Smallbone!

edited February 2023 Posts: 8,685
    Up in Smoke?

Pedro:
    Man, what is in this shit, man?
    Man Stoner: Mostly Maui Waui man, but it's got some Labrador in it.
    Pedro: What's Labrador?
    Man Stoner: It's dog shit.

etc. etc.

PS: Now this is really going to the dogs...
    I don't think the dead care about cannabis.

be7e29ab3b20825715cfa6e54320038c6f34db67.pnj
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    edited February 2023 Posts: 4,953
    As always some great stuff here. Love the creative answers and thoughts of our community.
    Till they all went up in smoke! LOL!

Lets move forward to another era. Our man was facing new challenges in the late 90's. This required a new M, a Tanner and a new mysterious fellow named Robinson. Robinson was not given a title but seemed to be part of the inner circle of Mi6. He was part of the operation at the start of the TND mission with Tanner MIA. Robinson then re-appeared in DAD with no Tanner in sight! Has Robinson taken Tanner's job? It was never disclosed. Last seen by M's side in Korea he was assumed alive, even though he died in a simulation earlier in the film.

I have to ask whatever happened to Robinson?
    With the disappearance, hopefully to retirement, of his 007 then Mr. Charles Robinson moved on in a direction that took advantage of his personal strengths, his civil servant background, his experience in the Special Intelligence Service, and at long last his own tastes in culture and entertainment.

Dance competition.

69a94149f855803c3f4a7639fbc4b8449620ff84.gifv
    5084172ef95a2bfe3f9d79142b9ce7f1d89efe69.gifv
    34e9f0e24c1f1d1d96d1ad938aed7e7832b98f1b.gifv
    And he did not forget his roots.

His assumed name was kind of fishy though.

Colin Salmon & Kristina Argentine Tango to 'Goldeneye' - Strictly Come Dancing 2012 - BBC One (1:33)

I've heard that he found a job in a dinosaur theme park on a "Fly on a Pterodactyl" ride. Alas, the park had too many accidents and had to close.

DINOTOPIA20503-54.jpg
  • slide_99slide_99 USA
    Robinson met with a rather gruesome end when he tried to outsmart Q's experimental laser security system. Bond responded with, "Well, he certainly went to pieces."

resident-evil-alser-room.jpg?resize=1280%2C694&ssl=1
    I heard he was quite burned about the laser infraction. Poor chap, guess it's crispy Salmon on us.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Robinson was just a hired help for the duration of Tanner's paternity leave. It took longer than expected though.
    slide_99 wrote: »
    Robinson met with a rather gruesome end when he tried to outsmart Q's experimental laser security system. Bond responded with, "Well, he certainly went to pieces."

He always was a bit squared ;)
    Univex wrote: »
    slide_99 wrote: »

He always was a bit squared ;)

Diamonds are forever.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Not much inspiration for this one, but I’ve got to say I absolutely loved Robinson during the Broz years.
    Nice stuff about Robinson and how he turned out.

Lets jump back to the early 60's! Our man found himself in a bunch of disputes. One between the Russians and the British, another between the Bulgarians and the Turks! In one instance Bond's western sensibilities got in the way of a cat fight. Two women, Vida and Zora were fighting for the right to marry the son of the king. The fight was vicious and was only stopped because of the Bulgarians attacking the encampment, and then because Bond called it off.

One woman won by Bond's judgement and presumably went on to marry the son and live the life of a high ranking gypsy woman. The other? Who knows, maybe she left the camp and started her own life?

I ask you dear community, whatever happened to Vida and Zora from the gypsies? Did they lead productive lives? Or suffer more attacks and defeats!
    Unhappy with life in Europe, Vida and Zora both escaped further unrest in Europe.

Zora used her connections to start a career in the SIS. She was competent and successful, promoted to a much-sought-after assignment in the Bahamas. Unfortunately her career ended up under water and cut short (declassified: Operation Thunderball). Tabled, really.

Vida moved on to start a successful unnamed restaurant in New York City.

I'm a bit disenchanted with this, since "gypsy" has definitely derived into a derogatory term since 1963. Or probably it has always been just that before. I admit I don't know how to deal with it. It may have been okay then, and we may still love the movie from then, but we don't have to continue using that moniker "gypsy", even in a setting like this. What do you people say?
    I'm thinking it's part of the history for those establishments. Would be wrong to eliminate it.

Or minimize what exists in film and music. Restaurants.

Second try. Believe it loses something though.

Unhappy with life in Europe, Vida and Zora both escaped further unrest in Europe.

Zora used her connections to start a career in the SIS. She was competent and successful, promoted to a much-sought-after assignment in the Bahamas. Unfortunately her career ended up under water and cut short (declassified: Operation Thunderball). Tabled, really.

Vida depended on subtlety to mask her origins. She moved on to start a successful restaurant in New York City.

Known today as the Romani Rose Bistro, it has many specialties of interest.

aa80da9a9f19b9e1d0e3add6ce48c980ad1c45dd.pnj

1d3cf33dd5b54f2f1420c19987351769701c97e0.pnj

main-qimg-f29df287eeff59d156aa3b33df4dca2d
    edited February 2023 Posts: 4,953
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I'm a bit disenchanted with this, since "gypsy" has definitely derived into a derogatory term since 1963. Or probably it has always been just that before. I admit I don't know how to deal with it. It may have been okay then, and we may still love the movie from then, but we don't have to continue using that moniker "gypsy", even in a setting like this. What do you people say?

I apologize, I didn't mean to offend or give these actresses short shrift. I can edit my comments or delete them if others feel the same. I have removed the term from our title thread I will do better with future characters if the terms are derogatory.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Not everyone considers 'gypsy' a derogatory term. And certainly not all Romani. Or Stevie Nicks. Carry on.