Odd One Out

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I was going to say Bond’s flat, but we see that in Spectre too of course.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Um, nope.....

Clue #1: It's about Bond himself and the Bond Girl
  • slide_99slide_99 USA
    No American locations in the Brosnan era?
    It's still not.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2022 Posts: 5,834
    Brosnan-era has the only Bond to directly shoot/kill a Bond girl?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Each era sees the Bond girl accompanying Bond to the villain's lair and helping fight, but in the Moore era none of the Bond girls fire a sub-machine gun.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 3,382
    Interesting answers, but still not what I'm looking for.....

Clue 2: It has something to do with the wardrobe
    Bond takes the strap off of the Bond girl's shoulder before sex, but in Connery's era (YOLT), he cuts it off with the dermatome.
    Still not, but you can get it @QBranch just try and try.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Connery era, he uses a girl to shield himself from an attack GF
    Moore era, he uses a girl to shield himself from an attack Spy
    Brosnan era, he never uses a woman as a shield
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    They all ended their movies with a lady, but Roger was the only one to be in the nud with his ladies?
    Interesting points, but still not what I'm looking for.

Clue 3: This shares a similarity between Bond and the Bond Girl herself, to the point of very similar.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Do these happen in specific films or it's something they did across their entire run?
    mtm wrote: »
    Do these happen in specific films or it's something they did across their entire run?

Happen in specific films
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Can you not just tell us the films? It's how the other questions work.
    Okay, but I'm going to recap the clues so far.....

Clue 1: It's about Bond himself and the Bond Girl
    Clue 2: It has something to do with the wardrobe
    Clue 3: This shares a similarity between Bond and the Bond Girl herself, to the point of very similar.

It happened in many films, so okay here is the 4th clue, and I might be giving it away.

Clue 4: It has something to do with the word "Match"
    Sorry @MI6HQ I find these "era" type OOO to be rather difficult and hard to get my head around. I would prefer a more traditional style of giving us 3 films and letting us figure out things from there. Dealing with era's makes one believe they happened in multiple films in that actor's era.

When you say Match, I am thinking of FRWL and the code used to communicate ( I use a lighter, better still, until they go wrong...), DAF where Bond comments to Case on whether the collars and cuffs match. Drawing a blank on Moore's era of matching with a Bond girl and Brosnan I can only think how Bond and Wai Lin match outfits during the stealth boat sequence.

I think I shall sit this one out and wait for the next one. Sorry!
    thedove wrote: »
    Sorry @MI6HQ I find these "era" type OOO to be rather difficult and hard to get my head around. I would prefer a more traditional style of giving us 3 films and letting us figure out things from there. Dealing with era's makes one believe they happened in multiple films in that actor's era.

When you say Match, I am thinking of FRWL and the code used to communicate ( I use a lighter, better still, until they go wrong...), DAF where Bond comments to Case on whether the collars and cuffs match. Drawing a blank on Moore's era of matching with a Bond girl and Brosnan I can only think how Bond and Wai Lin match outfits during the stealth boat sequence.

I think I shall sit this one out and wait for the next one. Sorry!

My God! Don't sit out! You're actually very near, that's what I'm talking about, you're really near you're one step away! You can get this! @thedove

It's about the outfits!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    So it's TND, MR and DN is it?
    So it's TND, MR and DN is it?

I might be giving the answer here:

Brosnan - TND, DAD
    Connery - TB, DN
    Moore - MR, TSWLM, FYEO

Okay, which one is the OOO? 😅

• ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    Roger, because while all three of them have two films to wonder about, Roger has a third as well.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    So TND has Bond and leading lady both in matching scuba gear and assault outfits; DAD has them in their assault outfits; TB is scuba(?); DN is Dr No's outfits(?); MR is the spacesuits; SWLM is..?; FYEO would be diving suits. And the answer is... no idea!
    So TND has Bond and leading lady both in matching scuba gear and assault outfits; DAD has them in their assault outfits; TB is scuba(?); DN is Dr No's outfits(?); MR is the spacesuits; SWLM is..?; FYEO would be diving suits. And the answer is... no idea!

Brilliant! I am in the same boat as you my friend! LOL!

To be honest, the answer here would be Connery, the Thunderball one is specifically my focus as Bond and Domino would be nearly in a matching outfit of red wetsuit top, but never got it as the one where Domino is wearing the red wetsuit was in the Promotional stills. While the robe in DN comes to mind, it's just brief, and they're not doing anything else either, so that's the OOO.

Yes, TND had Bond and Bond Girl In a scuba gear and DAD had a matching assault outfits (camouflage fatigue near the finale).

MR is spacesuits, TSWLM has both Bond and Anya in a matching outfits while they're in a helicopter to Liparus in the third act, FYEO is the diving suits (The yellow raincoat ones).

Okay I already revealed the answer here, on to the next one!
    Who would like to go next? Might suggest we stick to three films instead of eras as it complicates things a bit too much for my liking.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Here is a not so tricky one:
    GF
    MR
    SP
    SP = OOO

Goldfinger's Rolls Royce - 18 carat
    Corinne's golden heart - 18 carat
    SP's golden shower filter - 0 carat
    Haha, nice try. Nothing about gold or cars.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2022 Posts: 14,861
    Bond visits Latin America in all three, 007 goes to Mexico in GF and SP but Brazil in MR..?
    Good try but it isn't about the locations.