I spent way too much time on this. :))
    Ggy3dhD.jpg

Full link here.
    https://i.imgur.com/Ggy3dhD.jpg

@Murdock masterpiece
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2022 Posts: 7,526
    LucknFate wrote: »
    And then he walks away from Netflix and the wticher, where he was potentially set up for a Sherlock Holmes movie or series as well, burning that bridge to only get nothing in return. That's what I mean by hard to work with. He's only in business for himself,

Quite a contradiction, and so immediate. Did he hurt someone in your family?

And you say he "refused to get paid", so, which is it?

I'm no fan of Cavill, but it seems like all your evidence that he's a bad person to work with are "armchair reads".
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited December 2022 Posts: 6,721
    Murdock wrote: »
    Ggy3dhD.jpg

Full link here.

Love Brosnan and Dalton on the corner. Your image is the best thing to happen to this thread in a long time.

Imagine the opening taunts between these guys.

Brosnan: That's bait.
    Hardy: I'm afraid that's my line.
    Brosnan: Not anymore.
    FIGHT!

Turner: Dalton? What are you doing here?!
    Dalton: Sorry, old man, section 26, paragraph 5. Need to know. I'm sure you understand.
    FIGHT!

Elba: I'm going to be the first black James Bond. You're not going to take this away from me.
    Dirisu: I already have, old man.
    FIGHT!

Fassbender: Cavill. Haven't you got your filthy hands in enough franchises for now? Bond is for me.
    Cavill: Hey, tell Alicia I miss her.
    Fassbender: What the hell are you talking about?!
    Cavill: (winks)
    FIGHT!

Seagal: As a former CIA operative and martial arts expert, I should be the next Bond.
    Everyone else: Would you please get lost?
    FIGHT!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Ggy3dhD.jpg

Full link here.

Love Brosnan and Dalton on the corner. Your image is the best thing to happen to this thread in a long time.

FIGHT!

Dalton: Sorry, old man, section 26, paragraph 5. Need to know. I'm sure you understand.
    FIGHT!

Elba: I'm going to be the first black James Bond. You're not going to take this away from me.
    FIGHT!

Fassbender: Cavill. Haven't you got your filthy hands in enough franchises for now? Bond is for me.
    FIGHT!

Seagal: As a former CIA operative and martial arts expert, I should be the next Bond.
    FIGHT!

Where's Luke Evans? Paid DLC no doubt... :(
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @mattjoes, thanks! I had a lot of fun making it.

@NickTwentyTwo I guess he'll be an unlockable character. ;))
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Ggy3dhD.jpg

Full link here.

What did Dyson say? I really liked what Tom Hardy did with the role of "He'll surely be the next Bond", but we're always happy to see a new actor take up the mantle. Can't believe they've gone back to Cavill such a short time after announcing Taylor-Johnson as "The next Bond, according to tabloids".
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Ggy3dhD.jpg

Full link here.

That's brilliant lol.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,493
    peter wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    I don't want the guy making a public spectacle of getting fired. Cavill would torpedo Bond. He's hard to work with behind the scenes, and sucks on camera.

Public spectacle? Far from it, he released a single, gracious statement. No matter what anyone thinks of him on screen, he’s handled this with class.

He quit the Witcher in the middle of season 3 to go be superman, which he announced he was returning, only to now have to announce actually he isn't returning. The guy is a joke in the industry.

No he’s not.

I’m on record as not being the biggest, or any kind of Cavill fan, but your statement is just false. No one in the industry thinks Cavill is a loser, and most know pretty much what happened to him.

Then what happened "to" him? Guy is making his own decisions. He hasn't been Superman in years. He never had a new contract. If anything truly happened with him, if they truly gave him a verbal promise to return as superman and that's why he quit Witcher, he would be suing. His cameo in Black Adam was last minute and not a contract for more. He got played, a little, but there are years of reports of him being hard to work with. And I didn't call him a loser.

I don't want the guy making a public spectacle of getting fired. Cavill would torpedo Bond. He's hard to work with behind the scenes, and sucks on camera.

Public spectacle? Far from it, he released a single, gracious statement. No matter what anyone thinks of him on screen, he’s handled this with class.

He quit the Witcher in the middle of season 3 to go be superman, which he announced he was returning, only to now have to announce actually he isn't returning. The guy is a joke in the industry.

And you are clueless.

Use your words. I thought we were moderating against this type of response.

I think you’re trolling— pls cite sources of Cavill being difficult to work with.

Please don't label me a troll for arguing a counterpoint. I'd rather drop the point than have you all turn against me for nothing. Some of you can grow up and stop acting like you own the place.

Makes it difficult to return to the site. I know Peter is supposed to be a great valued member but he's only ever been combative and accusatory toward me.

I've actually never been combative with you until now. You accused me of something and went on an attack.

And with the case of Cavill, you didn't present any kind of counterpoint. You've quite frankly created a narrative with zero proof.

And once again, this is coming from someone who's on record as not being a Cavill fan.

In the end @LucknFate , I'm going to leave this "discussion" here and not pursue. I hope you can take a deep breath, exhale and move on. In the end, you'll go on living the best life you can, and Henry Cavill will go on making more tv and films...

https://deadline.com/2022/12/henry-cavill-warhammer-40000-amazon-studios-1235200732/
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2022 Posts: 1,368
    This made me think...maybe Craig originally thought his hair would be longer for Bond, but maybe Barbara cut it herself? Probably.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/sam-worthington-james-bond-daniel-craig-b2246247.html
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Ggy3dhD.jpg

Full link here.

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

Seagal for Bond!
    With Cavill I know exactly the kind of Bond I would get it would be Brosnan 2.0 and I wouldn’t be opposed to that to be honest
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Ggy3dhD.jpg

Full link here.

Oh, wow!, Dynamite's 'Bond-Verse' event looks better than i thought!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    There's a good new podcast interview with Chris McQuarrie about the making of Jack Reacher, and he talks about the process of casting Reacher and how they drew up a list of possible candidates, with lots of criteria (humour, physicality, intellect etc.) and graded them, and Reacher's physical size (which a lot of people moaned about Cruise not echoing) was only part of his character to them. They asked Lee Child and showed him the options, and were wary about not getting a guy who is as tall as Child described him, and Child basically told them to not worry about the fans.
    And I think that's probably the way to look at Bond too: his having black hair and being six foot whatever is just part of his character, it's not the whole thing, and it's far from the most important thing when casting a lead.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    For me, it started when Cavill was the only main cast member to not vocally support the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League, until the studio agreed to produce and release it, and then he "switched sides" because it now benefited him. My armchair read of that is kinda scummy.

Then he refused to GET PAID to do a cameo in Shazam, where they got a body double instead, which is him literally giving up the screen rights to the character of Superman willingly. To suddenly play victim that something he owned was taken from him is just objectively unfair to the reality of his decisions. His Black Adam cameo was a desperate attempt by him to hold onto a character he'd given up, and desperate by Warner Bros. to get butts in seats for a bomb of a movie.

And then he walks away from Netflix and the wticher, where he was potentially set up for a Sherlock Holmes movie or series as well, burning that bridge to only get nothing in return. That's what I mean by hard to work with. He's only in business for himself, and I wouldn't trust him not to walk away from Bond, or not give it his all, or make demands once the first one is a hit. He just reads like a hard sell to me. He may be nice one-on-one but I don't want to do business with him, and that's ultimately what we're discussing with Bond.

Well okay then… But
    mtm wrote: »
    There's a good new podcast interview with Chris McQuarrie about the making of Jack Reacher, and he talks about the process of casting Reacher and how they drew up a list of possible candidates, with lots of criteria (humour, physicality, intellect etc.) and graded them, and Reacher's physical size (which a lot of people moaned about Cruise not echoing) was only part of his character to them. They asked Lee Child and showed him the options, and were wary about not getting a guy who is as tall as Child described him, and Child basically told them to not worry about the fans.

Then there’s this..

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/11/tom-cruise-jack-reacher-lee-child-reboot
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited December 2022 Posts: 1,430
    Everyone's account of Cavill on here are armchair reads, until they themselves prove otherwise. I laid out my arguments, take from them what you will. And Grace Randolph reports correct scoops more frequently than not, but I'm no fan of hers.

We're all here sharing armchair reads of people we've never met. That's what this damn thread is lol. Get real. And don't label someone a troll for effectively arguing with you. Looks childish.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Sounds like @LucknFate gets his Cavill info from Grace Randolph.

Get plucked mate.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @LucknFate … you’re a guy that’s threatened to smash ppl in “real” life; you pick fights when one disagrees with you (so we better keep our mouths shut)….

You don’t know who ppl know on this site. To me, it’s good to be the dumbest person in the virtual room— I learn more that way. I suggest you try this. I guarantee your blood pressure will calm.

Take a deep breath and learn to share space.

If you’d like to go after anything I’ve said, I invite you to DM me and keep it off these threads.

And in the end, remember: breathe and know that the sun will rise tomorrow….
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

No he’s not.

I’m on record as not being the biggest, or any kind of Cavill fan, but your statement is just false. No one in the industry thinks Cavill is a loser, and most know pretty much what happened to him.

Then what happened "to" him? Guy is making his own decisions. He hasn't been Superman in years. He never had a new contract. If anything truly happened with him, if they truly gave him a verbal promise to return as superman and that's why he quit Witcher, he would be suing. His cameo in Black Adam was last minute and not a contract for more. He got played, a little, but there are years of reports of him being hard to work with. And I didn't call him a loser.

And you are clueless.

Use your words. I thought we were moderating against this type of response.

I think you’re trolling— pls cite sources of Cavill being difficult to work with.

Please don't label me a troll for arguing a counterpoint. I'd rather drop the point than have you all turn against me for nothing. Some of you can grow up and stop acting like you own the place.

Makes it difficult to return to the site. I know Peter is supposed to be a great valued member but he's only ever been combative and accusatory toward me.

I've actually never been combative with you until now. You accused me of something and went on an attack.

And with the case of Cavill, you didn't present any kind of counterpoint. You've quite frankly created a narrative with zero proof.

And once again, this is coming from someone who's on record as not being a Cavill fan.

In the end @LucknFate , I'm going to leave this "discussion" here and not pursue. I hope you can take a deep breath, exhale and move on. In the end, you'll go on living the best life you can, and Henry Cavill will go on making more tv and films...

https://deadline.com/2022/12/henry-cavill-warhammer-40000-amazon-studios-1235200732/

Would Cavill even have time if the Warhammer series goes through at Amazon?

He's a massive fan, so this seems like a dream project for him.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Isn't Cavill too old now? Him and Aiden are the same age.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 784
    krLgo4l.jpg
    v4RV1sB.jpg
    Benny wrote: »
    You have posted this person's image multiple times in this thread, without revealing who it is @ByRoyalDecree
    Who is it? And why do you repeatedly post their photo's?

It's me and I am just trying to sleep with Barbara.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    For me, it started when Cavill was the only main cast member to not vocally support the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League, until the studio agreed to produce and release it, and then he "switched sides" because it now benefited him. My armchair read of that is kinda scummy.

Then he refused to GET PAID to do a cameo in Shazam, where they got a body double instead, which is him literally giving up the screen rights to the character of Superman willingly. To suddenly play victim that something he owned was taken from him is just objectively unfair to the reality of his decisions. His Black Adam cameo was a desperate attempt by him to hold onto a character he'd given up, and desperate by Warner Bros. to get butts in seats for a bomb of a movie.

And then he walks away from Netflix and the wticher, where he was potentially set up for a Sherlock Holmes movie or series as well, burning that bridge to only get nothing in return. That's what I mean by hard to work with. He's only in business for himself, and I wouldn't trust him not to walk away from Bond, or not give it his all, or make demands once the first one is a hit. He just reads like a hard sell to me. He may be nice one-on-one but I don't want to do business with him, and that's ultimately what we're discussing with Bond.

Well okay then… But

Then there’s this..

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/11/tom-cruise-jack-reacher-lee-child-reboot

Well he's not going to tell his customers that they're wrong to their faces! :D Personally I think he was right the first time.
    And I think that's probably the way to look at Bond too: his having black hair and being six foot whatever is just part of his character, it's not the whole thing, and it's far from the most important thing when casting a lead.
    Yes you are right. It's just one of the many boxes that needs to be ticked.

krLgo4l.jpg
    v4RV1sB.jpg
    You have posted this person's image multiple times in this thread, without revealing who it is @ByRoyalDecree

Are you posting those photos by royal decree, @ByRoyalDecree?

Just kidding, I love wordplay. But considering these forums are like a think tank for the Bond films (and free to boot), I wouldn't be surprised if EON Productions had people reading them. And maybe, just maybe, someone will bring you to Barbara's attention.

Would be one hell of a story, for sure.
    krLgo4l.jpg
    v4RV1sB.jpg

Join the back of the queue. I'm first...
  • StarkStark France
    A detail makes me think that the Aaron Taylor Johnson rumor is false: He had long hair all year (and still does). How could he have auditioned and recorded the Gunbarrel scene with long hair ?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    krLgo4l.jpg
    v4RV1sB.jpg

*Combs hair*

How's it going back there, chaps? I can barely hear you from my number 1 spot.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    krLgo4l.jpg
    v4RV1sB.jpg

*Combs hair*

I can see you're eager. Barbara and me are together at the moment, but I can feel the relationship is going to end soon. We're drifting apart. I'll let you know, along with the other fellas on the queue.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    krLgo4l.jpg
    v4RV1sB.jpg

*Combs hair*

She is @peter’s girl everyone knows that….

As for Cavill I hear he is a pleasant guy to work with and stories about bringing his nephew to school etc prove it
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 784
    Darn it. I suppose I’ll have to settle for Michael then.