Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    With a new Splinter Cell still only in the writing stage (and likely another 2-3 years from it releasing), I decided to go back to Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, for a second play though. With no New Game+, I am forced to start from scratch, But this time, I am self imposing 3 rules on myself. 1) after spending the opening hour or so acquiring specific weapons and equipment, I must stick with them until the end, 2) pick a class and stick with it, also to the end, and lastly 3) no sniper rifles. So I am going for a Panther Class build, with a H&K MP5 as my primary weapon, no secondary, and a Sig Sauer P227 as my sidearm (both suppressed for a stealthy build).

I have never understood why this game got shit on from gamers and journalists so much, for the micro transactions. The only money I have ever spent on this game, was the £40 or so to buy the game at launch. Furthermore, I have built a character that I really like the look of, featuring only clothing that could be found in the world, or bought with the in game currency (NOT real world money).

Thanks for your post; I might have to check this game out. I loved the early entries in the Ghost Recon series, but dropped off a long time ago. Is it still third person?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    With a new Splinter Cell still only in the writing stage (and likely another 2-3 years from it releasing), I decided to go back to Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, for a second play though. With no New Game+, I am forced to start from scratch, But this time, I am self imposing 3 rules on myself. 1) after spending the opening hour or so acquiring specific weapons and equipment, I must stick with them until the end, 2) pick a class and stick with it, also to the end, and lastly 3) no sniper rifles. So I am going for a Panther Class build, with a H&K MP5 as my primary weapon, no secondary, and a Sig Sauer P227 as my sidearm (both suppressed for a stealthy build).

I have never understood why this game got shit on from gamers and journalists so much, for the micro transactions. The only money I have ever spent on this game, was the £40 or so to buy the game at launch. Furthermore, I have built a character that I really like the look of, featuring only clothing that could be found in the world, or bought with the in game currency (NOT real world money).

Thanks for your post; I might have to check this game out. I loved the early entries in the Ghost Recon series, but dropped off a long time ago. Is it still third person?

It is, yes. Third person, when moving around, but when you aim, you can switch between first and third person. Though I should warn you, Ubisoft made Breakpoint always online. So if the servers go down, or are taken offline*, Breakpoint can't be played at all. At least Ghost Recon: Wildlands can be played offline.

*Which shouldn't happen just yet, as there is still an active player base.
    Hate online only. Thanks for the info!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Hate online only. Thanks for the info!

Me too. I hate it more than Gear Scores (which are in Breakpoint), but can be turned off.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes, it's another new aspect of gaming that I can't stand, ESPECIALLY when it pertains to a game that's almost entirely single player. I tend to avoid such titles anymore.
    It makes no sense at all. The main component of Breakpoint, can be played solo. The Raid (multiplayer) side should have been kept entirely separate. And I doubt there is any chance of Ubisoft switching singleplayer to offline, as they have already moved on.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It makes no sense at all. The main component of Breakpoint, can be played solo. The Raid (multiplayer) side should have been kept entirely separate. And I doubt there is any chance of Ubisoft switching singleplayer to offline, as they have already moved on.

It's like all of Hitman 2 being online only, despite the sole MP component being one game mode that was rarely utilized. It's very irritating.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Driving games over the years have been hit and miss for me, certainly the more serious and technical games, I am quite heavy handed. Recently I can't stop playing DIRT4 on PC, its teaching me to be a bit more patient with car games.
    Dirt%2B4%2BPC%2B4.jpg

Also been having fun at the other end of the spectrum with Forza Horizon 3: Hot Wheels on Xbox One X, I usually gravitate to car games with stunts.
    forza-horizon-3-hot-wheels-island-track-1495241397367.jpg

I have been considering buying a Xbox Series X this weekend, though unsure if it is worth it at this point as my 4K TV is only 60HZ/does not have HDMI 2.1.
    My experience upgrading from an Xbox One X to an Xbox Series X (lol) has been great from just a performance standpoint; I play on a 1080p monitor that does absolutely nothing fancy (thinking of upgrading at some point though).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    My experience upgrading from an Xbox One X to an Xbox Series X (lol) has been great from just a performance standpoint; I play on a 1080p monitor that does absolutely nothing fancy (thinking of upgrading at some point though).

I bet the processing speed is impressive, I am thinking its time to future proof with a new next gen console. I have noticed a lot of back catalog content is no longer available on Xbox One X, I wonder if its to push people to get Xbox series X.

My current 4K TV is about 6 years old its one of the first with HDR, Its a decent TV so I don't want to spend money on a upgrade yet.
    Originally I was thinking of the Series S because I don't have 4K, and it's cheaper, but your point of future-proofing is exactly what made me decide on the Series X instead. I was able to get it through All Access, which adds $20 or so onto my Xbox Live subscription for two years, and I didn't have to pay anything up front for the Series X.

I've primarily been playing Elden Ring and the load times / general performance is very noticeably better.
    Originally I was thinking of the Series S because I don't have 4K, and it's cheaper, but your point of future-proofing is exactly what made me decide on the Series X instead. I was able to get it through All Access, which adds $20 or so onto my Xbox Live subscription for two years, and I didn't have to pay anything up front for the Series X.

I've primarily been playing Elden Ring and the load times / general performance is very noticeably better.

All Access interesting, I have had Ultimate Game pass on a few occasions, not looked into All Access, I should look into buying a console through Microsoft.

All Access interesting, I have had Ultimate Game pass on a few occasions, not looked into All Access, I should look into buying a console through Microsoft.

It felt like a reasonable option for me, as I've had Game Pass Ultimate for awhile and don't plan on giving it up anytime soon. I got it through Best Buy; they shipped me the box in one day.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Those Forza Horizon (3,4,5) games are stunning on pc.

10/10 graphics, sound and gameplay.

I have only got Forza Horizon 2 and 3 currently and Forza 5 though they are great fun, I have been playing Dirt 4 and 5 in fact I am playing Dirt 4 now I am getting addicted to this game, I am gaining a greater appreciation for driving games.

I have only got Forza Horizon 2 and 3 currently and Forza 5 though they are great fun, I have been playing Dirt 4 and 5 in fact I am playing Dirt 4 now I am getting addicted to this game, I am gaining a greater appreciation for driving games.

Dirt 4 looks like great fun. Is it easy to control the cars with your controller ?
    I play f1 22 and it's tricky using the keyboard on some tracks like monaco.

Dirt 4 looks like great fun. Is it easy to control the cars with your controller ?

With practice I have mastered using the controller, I was window shopping driving wheels yesterday though debating whether it warrants buying one. A friend has built driver pods to house wheels and peddles which are awesome, just deciding whether I go full hog with driving games.

I have yet to try any off the F1 games certainly in recent years.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 23,102
    need-for-speed-heat-cd-keys-discount-pc-origin.jpg

Just had a blind buy Need for Speed Heat only £3 on STEAM, not played any of the games in this series.

Just had a blind buy Need for Speed Heat only £3 on STEAM, not played any of the games in this series.

I think that is free on PSN this month. I thought about downloading it, and having a look. I haven't played an NFS game since......... Underground, I think.

I think that is free on PSN this month. I thought about downloading it, and having a look. I haven't played an NFS game since......... Underground, I think.

Yeah there is a free to play option also, at £3 I thought what the hell I may as well buy it. I got the deluxe Edition.

Does anyone own a STEAM DECK?

With practice I have mastered using the controller, I was window shopping driving wheels yesterday though debating whether it warrants buying one. A friend has built driver pods to house wheels and peddles which are awesome, just deciding whether I go full hog with driving games.

Personally I think it would be more worthwhile to get a flightstick/throttle/pedals for flying games, moreso than a wheel for driving games.

Yeah there is a free to play option also, at £3 I thought what the hell I may as well buy it. I got the deluxe Edition.

Don't have a Steam Deck, but it's a little tempting... for some reason in my head they're $700 - $800, but I think they're only around $400 (still a lot), and apparently they're prepared to fill all orders now before the end of the year...

Personally I think it would be more worthwhile to get a flightstick/throttle/pedals for flying games, moreso than a wheel for driving games.

Don't have a Steam Deck, but it's a little tempting... for some reason in my head they're $700 - $800, but I think they're only around $400 (still a lot), and apparently they're prepared to fill all orders now before the end of the year...

Steam Decks are pricey the cheapest being around £350 with only 64GB so hardly worth it. It does look like a cool piece of kit and I have a lot of Steam games so would be worth it.

£349.00
    64GB
    eMMC
    Carrying case

---
    £459.00
    256GB
    NVMe SSD
    Faster storage
    Carrying case
    Exclusive Steam Community profile bundle

---
    £569.00
    512GB
    NVMe SSD
    Fastest storage
    Premium anti-glare etched glass
    Exclusive carrying case
    Exclusive Steam Community profile bundle
    Exclusive virtual keyboard theme

The 512GB would have to be the one to get for me, to get the most out of it.

---
    I am elevating my ranking of Tomb Raider Legend, after playing Angel of Darkness and Chronicles briefly I forgot how poor they were. The early Tomb Raider games on Steam are a pain trying to use a controller with. I am using a Xbox One controller, perhaps I should buy a PlayStation controller it may work better?

P.s. I am still trying to get my head round how to reconfigure controller settings on Steam, up until recently not been a big PC gamer.
    The only PC gaming I do really is RTS games which are tailor made for mouse and keyboard.
    Just had a quick look on Amazon and they will give me roughly £160 trade in on my Xbox One X, Xbox One and Xbox 360, toward me getting a Xbox Series X I may go that route.

Just subscribed to Ultimate Game Pass again, downloading Dirt Rally 2.0, Dirt 5 again, Skate 3 and SSX on Xbox. I really need to get a copy of SSX Tricky that game was awesome.
    Been playing Tomb Raider Anniversary today, it is certainly one of the better games in the series, I forgot how nerve wracking the Damocles Sword section is, it had me jumping out of my skin :))
    Texas hold'em Poker Plus
    apps.52762.9007199266622628.202515d6-764b-41f9-bfcd-37eb0f366951.2d33117e-0c28-4a34-af79-17b3fcd977dc?w=672&h=378&q=80&mode=letterbox&background=%23FFE4E4E4&format=jpg
    Free download on the microsoft site.👍
    We should have an MI6 Community poker tournament.

That would be fun 👍
    Do you play much Texas hold'em Poker ?
    I used to play on one of the many poker websites available.

That would be fun 👍
    Do you play much Texas hold'em Poker ?
    I used to play on one of the many poker websites available.

I used to play a lot, wish I played more.
    Just bought myself a Turtle beach Recon controller specifically to use with my PC, its not a bad device for the price has good extra functionality...
    199276_1.jpg