Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Medal Of Honour... now there's a name I don't hear so much of anymore. The opening of MOH: Frontline is one of the greatest video game moments of all time. The sheer.... confusion and pandemonium of it. It's one of those moments that has stayed with me.

I downloaded Medal of Honor Airborne to my PC the other day, I can't remember if I had Frontline, was that set in more modern times? I remember one of the Medal of Honor games that tried to replicate Call of Duty though I can not remember the subtitle.

Frontline was WW2, and predated COD by a year. It opens with the Omaha beach landing, with chaos going on everywhere.

They have both had a game subtitled Vanguard, but MOH got there first in 2007, compared to COD that used it in 2021.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,105
    Medal Of Honour... now there's a name I don't hear so much of anymore. The opening of MOH: Frontline is one of the greatest video game moments of all time. The sheer.... confusion and pandemonium of it. It's one of those moments that has stayed with me.

I downloaded Medal of Honor Airborne to my PC the other day, I can't remember if I had Frontline, was that set in more modern times? I remember one of the Medal of Honor games that tried to replicate Call of Duty though I can not remember the subtitle.

Frontline was WW2, and predated COD by a year. It opens with the Omaha beach landing, with chaos going on everywhere.

They have both had a game subtitled Vanguard, but MOH got there first in 2007, compared to COD that used it in 2021.

I am pretty sure I played Frontline the hectic start to the game sounds familiar, I regret giving away my PS1 and 2. The oldest console I have now is a Xbox 360 (I am surprised I still have that). I have a habit of discarding consoles when I upgrade.

Just got a couple more games DIRT 5 and Conan Exiles, these new games should keep me busy whilst on leave.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Conan Exiles is a bit of a chore, I keep dying and losing all my stuff. Its probably great game though it looks like you will have to spend hours and hours on this. I may have to watch numerous videos on how to set up camp etc, I don't have the patience I once had.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2022 Posts: 13,882
    I haven't played DiRT 5, I prefer more traditional, simulator Rally games.

Conan Exiles is fun when you get the hang of it, especially when you get to building your own base.

----

Sniper Elite 5 has had its first DLC released. I hope the Mosin Nagant will be added at some point. That has been my go-to rifle in past games, but this time around, I have been using the M1903 Springfield. What it lacks in other areas (being bolt action, it has a slower rate of fire), it makes up for in the best in range. I also have finally dipped my toe into its multiplayer modes. Invasion is really intense.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,105

Just bought this, the scout mode is surreal whilst gaming the detail is impressive. What sound devices do people use?
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    I used to have Sound blaster cards in my pc over the years.
    Now i have my pc connected to a mini hi-fi.
    I used to have Sound blaster cards in my pc over the years.
    Now i have my pc connected to a mini hi-fi.

The Sound blaster I bought was a good upgrade on my internal sound, I bought some new headphones also which are classed as premium level.

2.jpg

I just downloaded Battlefield V the game really utilizes the Super XFI technology well, whilst hiding in the bushes its pretty eerie hearing the footsteps of incoming enemy soldiers, it really does feel like they are walking around you.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I’m all in on Elden Ring at the moment. Going through my second playthrough as the lightning god I have created for myself.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I’m all in on Elden Ring at the moment. Going through my second playthrough as the lightning god I have created for myself.

Fantastic game.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,105
    A question for PC Gamer's, which Game Launchers do you use and which is the best. It would be good though likely unrealistic to have all my Steam, Xbox games etc in one Launcher/merge all my games together.

Edited: just found GOG GALAXY 2.0 apparently it links all gaming accounts, anyone used it?
    edited August 2022 Posts: 7,518
    Sounds like a useful tool. I don't play a ton of games on PC so I just use Battle.net for StarCraft, and Steam for everything else.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Fantastic game.

On my first playthrough I got 100% of the Xbox achievements for the game, and got all endings as well. I was going to keep my save file just like that in anticipation of DLC, but it seems like it's going to be awhile until we get that, so I started a New Game Plus. My plan when I started was just to race through to the end without getting everything I did in the first playthrough, but ended up getting all the endings again anyways. I'm now saved right before the final boss on this second playthrough.

It really is a brilliant game. The lore is so ambiguous and so dark / weird, it's extremely intriguing. There are a few major characters that are explored very little in the game which make it seem like they'd be great to explore in DLC eventually.

Just got an Xbox Series X (a little late, lol), and the game looks and runs noticeably better, despite my not having a 4K display. It's fun just to wander around and take in the environment in this game.
    Sounds like a useful tool. I don't play a ton of games on PC so I just use Battle.net for StarCraft, and Steam for everything else.

I registered to GOG GALAXY 2.0 and linked my Steam account so all my games show now on the GOG GALAXY 2.0 library, its allows Xbox library to link also so will do that shortly. GOG GALAXY 2.0 apparently is owned by the makers of The Witcher game series so has a good reputation. GOG GALAXY 2.0 also has an extensive game store of its own similar to Steam.

I have a lot of games from different launchers so GOG GALAXY 2.0 will be very handy for me.
    Sounds awesome! I’ve got Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or whatever which has a big selection of PC games as well, which I should take advantage of, but unfortunately my gaming PC is over a decade old and doesn’t run much modern stuff that well.
    @NickTwentyTwo, I paused myself after my Platinum Trophy/full ending completion for that reason alone. Not sure what to expect with the DLC or how it's going to function with the base game but I'll thank myself when the time comes.
    Sounds awesome! I’ve got Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or whatever which has a big selection of PC games as well, which I should take advantage of, but unfortunately my gaming PC is over a decade old and doesn’t run much modern stuff that well.

I currently have PC Game Pass on my PC I have downloaded quite a few games, most recent being Battlefield V which is good so far. Even though I only have the PC Game Pass it has allowed some Xbox Game Pass games to be downloaded onto my Xbox One X, it let me download Halo Infinite onto my Xbox which is cool. There was a deal three months access for a few pounds, I cant remember exactly how much.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 7,518
    Definitely. I just wanted to keep playing, so NG+ seemed like the obvious thing to do. Luckily I was able to completely steamroll through the first part of the game, only running into trouble with
    Malenia, of course
    There was also a unique ending which I didn't get last time, which is
    if you accept the Frenzied Flame *before* lighting the Erdtree on fire, the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending is slightly different as Melina comes back to the Erdtree and says she's totally gonna kill you. First play through, I got the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending, but I visited the Three Fingers *after* I had Melina burn the Erdtree
    My Elden Ring NG+ Endgame Experience (for those who're interested):
    As I mentioned before, I had started my NG+ with the idea to get to the endgame as fast as I could, while securing the Ranni (best) ending. It felt wrong to not unlock all the endings in this playthrough as well, as I did in my first run, so ultimately I did that as well. I wanted to see the slightly different Lord of Frenzied Flame ending, and use the multiple endings trick to finish off with the Ranni ending. Got through every boss in one or two attempts (which was particularly satisfying against the bosses that gave me so much trouble in my first playthrough, such as Mogh), but still struggled mightily against Malenia (who I regrettably had to bring in multiplayer help for). Also struggled quite a bit again with Radagon/Elden Beast, but overcame them finally with a combination of my Lightning Knight's Greatsword +25, and Bolt of Gransax +10 for the long range support. Stubbornly loyal to Lightning weapons/powers. Sadly, my multi-endings trick did not work this time, so I only saw the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending, which was fine because that was the only one I hadn't seen up until that point, but feel dirty ending the game with that ending. Now I kind of want to start NG+2 to get that Ranni ending again. ;)
    @NickTwentyTwo, I had to do a lot of save scumming to get all the endings in one go, leaving that dastardly one that requires you to jump all the way down that platform area for last (which was a pain anytime I fell and died).

Malenia was somehow the hardest fight for me but I managed her solo after about 30-40 tries. I needed help on the final boss, was so close to the end and had to resort to inviting two other people to help me. I don't think I ever would've managed that one solo; it's really not a good fight at all, annoyingly endless arena where I have to sprint forever. I didn't care for it all that much.
    Yes, the final fight was weirdly reminiscent of the Rennala fight I thought (same endless arena, same constantly sprinting and dodging long range magic). The fact that you solo'd Malenia is hugely impressive IMO; well done. And yes, the platforming to get to the Three Fingers was enormously annoying.

I was also pleased that in my first playthrough, Alecto was the final enemy I had to fight for 100% completion and it took me ages and ages, and I one-tried her in NG+. Very satisfying.
    One-tried Fire Giant in this run as well, which was a massive surprise and I thought would be a bottleneck for sure.
    edited September 2022 Posts: 23,105
    bioshock-the-collection-buttonjpg-6ab067.jpg

The Bioshock Collection was going cheap in the sale on Xbox so bought it (The games are remastered), I only ever played the first game though abandoned it when I took a hiatus from gaming years ago.

I am also on a mission to find a game called Pure, its a racing game I loved back in the day, I have been trying to remember the name of the game for weeks and finally remembered last night, hoping its still available.

pure-wallpaper-3.jpg
    Edited: Pure appears to be delisted due to licensing, going to have to try and get it on disk, thankfully I kept my Xbox360 console.
    Fallout 4
    Played it for my YouTube playthrough (my 30th part).

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns As someone who is in love with the Art Deco style movement, I loved the look of Bioshock 1. I never finished it though. I do plan on restarting it for my channel however... at some point.
    Fallout 4
    Played it for my YouTube playthrough (my 30th part).

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns As someone who is in love with the Art Deco style movement, I loved the look of Bioshock 1. I never finished it though. I do plan on restarting it for my channel however... at some point.

Playing Bioshock 1 now the remaster is great, it is a visually stunning game and really creepy atmosphere.

All my saves were on an old Xbox360 profile so started the game from the scratch, I love the opening scene as it tracks through the submerged city.
    Tried out the Modern Warfare 2 beta over the weekend and it's pretty fun, I must admit. Feels a bit clunkier, almost like a mobile game in some respects, than its predecessor but it's been entertaining and I'm digging the maps.

Also, while not the "last I played," it seems someone's leaked a TON of screenshots and video clips from GTA VI, which is really exciting. The Vice City setting is confirmed, some past leaks are confirmed as a result, and it looks fantastic overall.
    Interesting I had no idea that there was a GTA VI in the works, this could be the game that makes me upgrade to a Xbox series X
    Just got the Series X and also upgraded my internet, makes me want to try out one or two of these modern FPS games. Can’t really stand multiplayer culture though… maybe if there’s no voice chat whatsoever it would be bearable.
    Anyone see gta 6 got leaked?
    tomb_raider_legend_wallpaper_004.jpg
    Resumed playing this on PC with Next Generation content activated, its certainly less clunky. This game has always been quite low in my Tomb Raider Rankings, the score for the Japan scenes remind me of TND.

---

Just bought Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete edition from Steam.

HZN_ZDCE_Storefront_2560x1440.jpg

As I switched from PlayStation to Xbox I never had this game on console.

---

Also reinstalled The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut on PC decided to give the game another go for some reason it would not run on my old PC properly.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns Tom Raider: Legends is one of my favourites. Keeley Hawes'
    impossibly posh voice just sounded so right for Lara.

Generation Zero
    Now that I am pushing North up the map, the machines are getting bigger/stronger, but the weapons and attachments that I am finding, are getting more powerful.
    A list of things I wish Elden Ring had that no one asked for (spoilers):
    • An endgame after you become Elden Lord, but before starting the next NG+: maybe the Erdtree finishes burning up and it goes back to sunny skies, altered dialogue for some of the NPCs (there are so few remaining anyway).. there really doesn't need to be much, but I want to keep my fully-explored Lands Between while I await DLC.
    • It would be awesome if you could make one of the many "establishments" (shacks, castles, etc) your own little home base once you've cleared it out, maybe you could have the option of bringing some people from Roundtable Hold into your new place, some options to dress it up the way you want to and make it your own aesthetically.
    • I wish weapons that had one of the elemental affinities visually displayed that element... I desperately want to have a Lightning Sword, which I do, but paradoxically if you give it that affinity, it's very hard to actually put lightning on the sword (because you can no longer use Electrify Armament, Vyke's Dragonbolt, etc, because the weapon is already "lightning"). There are ways, but really, if I have a Lightning Sword, I want it to be permanently emitting lightning.
    edited September 2022 Posts: 13,882
    With a new Splinter Cell still only in the writing stage (and likely another 2-3 years from it releasing), I decided to go back to Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, for a second play though. With no New Game+, I am forced to start from scratch, But this time, I am self imposing 3 rules on myself. 1) after spending the opening hour or so acquiring specific weapons and equipment, I must stick with them until the end, 2) pick a class and stick with it, also to the end, and lastly 3) no sniper rifles. So I am going for a Panther Class build, with a H&K MP5 as my primary weapon, no secondary, and a Sig Sauer P227 as my sidearm (both suppressed for a stealthy build).

I have never understood why this game got shit on from gamers and journalists so much, for the micro transactions. The only money I have ever spent on this game, was the £40 or so to buy the game at launch. Furthermore, I have built a character that I really like the look of, featuring only clothing that could be found in the world, or bought with the in game currency (NOT real world money).