Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

THE COMMUTER (2018)
    So, Easter Bank Holiday, and this was our premiere channels movie of the night, so thought I'd give it a look. And Liam Neeson is always worth a watch! Lo and behold, I had a blast! Neeson is the Commuter of the title ( awful movie title!), an ex cop, who just got fired from his new mundane job. On his usual train journey he is approached by Vera Farmiga, who offers him a chance to use his detecting skills, and find someone on the train, called 'Prin'. Do it, and earn $100,000! Things turn sinister after that, and Ol' Liam swings into action! Yes, its a bonkers plot, and some dodgy cgi, but really enjoyed it, and the wife, who doesnt usually like these kind of things, also loved it! Patrick Wilson and Sam Neill fill out the cast. Good fun!
    Morbius (2022). Boy did this film suck.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If you're a fan of Nicolas Cage, you absolutely cannot miss The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. It's hilarious, Pedro Pascal is just as phenomenal in it, and all the Cage filmography trivia tidbits and behind the scenes scoops throughout make it an unbelievable experience.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    The Thomas Crown Affair

Brosnan at his best, even more so than his Bond performances.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    The Thomas Crown Affair

This week on Celebrity Deathmatch we have Steve McQueen/Faye Dunaway vs. Pierce Brosnan/Rene Russo!!!

While both versions have their merits, the “Art Thief” angle of the remake is actually preferred by many. And Brosnan's chemistry with Russo certainty beat that with "Christmas Jones." Plus, notwithstanding McQueen’s “cool” and those 60s fashions, the 1999 version does have Rene Russo. :x

The+Thomas+Crown+Affair+1.jpg
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Dwayne wrote: »
    The Thomas Crown Affair

This week on Celebrity Deathmatch we have Steve McQueen/Faye Dunaway vs. Pierce Brosnan/Rene Russo!!!

While both versions have their merits, the “Art Thief” angle of the remake is actually preferred by many. And Brosnan's chemistry with Russo certainty beat that with "Christmas Jones." Plus, notwithstanding McQueen’s “cool” and those 60s fashions, the 1999 version does have Rene Russo. :x

The+Thomas+Crown+Affair+1.jpg

60s Faye Dunaway is much more attractive that Rene Russo. However, she plays off so well with Brosnan in the film. It's a shame the Bond producers went so juvenile for Brosnans last two Bond films.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    @Last_Rat_Standing. We'll just have to agree to disagree about the lovely Ms. Russo!
    However, I do agree that Brosnan was let down by the scripts of TWINE and DAD. He deserved better.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    @Last_Rat_Standing. We'll just have to agree to disagree about the lovely Ms. Russo!
    However, I do agree that Brosnan was let down by the scripts of TWINE and DAD. He deserved better.

Not only the scripts but the women that he was paired with. Compare Rene Russo to Christmas Jones or Jinx. It's not even a contest. Pierce's Bond had more chemistry with Dr. Warmflash than Jinx and Christmas combined.
  • Dwayne wrote: »

Not only the scripts but the women...

...and the children too.

Star-Wars-Episode-II-Attack-of-the-Clones-hayden-christensen-23544038-852-480.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Scary Movie 2
    Scary Movie 3.5

maxresdefault.jpg
    scary-movie-3.png
    These are both a bit hit and miss. A little cringe and some terrific scenes, My favourite is in the third, with Leslie Nielsen as the US president, where he is convinced he is surrounded by aliens.
    Scary Movie 5(M.D.Lee, 2013)R.053a34f440c851332585eaabdf16171c?rik=zh4MiU9XUwr2hQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2foyster.ignimgs.com%2fwordpress%2fstg.ign.com%2f2013%2f04%2fscarymovie5_041213_1600.jpg&ehk=qk4SJ0ioh8WtJZXiTgK%2fW%2bz7d1paLJH7OfQoKTpPLmU%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    As with the others, not everything works, but enough good fun to enjoy.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,376
    220px-Scream2022film.jpeg
    Scream 5
    This was a fun ride the killer was loco and crikey some of the kills were gruesome. I am a fan of the series I think this is one of the better sequels.
    Scooby-Doo ! Curse of the Lake Monster :

Nice little movie, good enough to spend the time on a sunday afternoon. Liked it.

The Lost City : Very good movie, even if I thought they were copying much of Romancing the Stone (there's even one scene that is reprised almost shot for shot). But thanks to the great cast (Daniel Radcliffe as a villain is surprising, but he hams it up convincingly, Brad Pitt is memorable, and can somebody give me the location of Sandra Bullock's youth fountain ?), those two hours passed like a dream.
    THE KINGs MAN (2021)
    After the abysmal 2nd film in The Kingsman series, I avoided this 3rd movie, however this is a surprisingly enjoyable entry about the Secret Service Gentlemens agency. Set during World War 1, Ralph Fiennes is enjoying himself in the Colin Firth part, as the Stately Lord, who refuses to let his son enter War, and we think there is a similar Eggsy story coming up, but Director/writer Matthew Vaughan, pulls the rug from under you with a surprising twist, and we get a wonderful, at times over the top, action adventure, with a hilarious Rhys Ifans as The Mad Monk Rasputin, and some neat set pieces ( the hand to hand combat in No Mans Land, and some aerial action are a highlight) culinating in a good old fashioned sword duel, and we get a genuinely entertaining film!
    Oh, as a footnote I want to nominate singer FKA Twigs for the Bond 26 theme, as she does a splendid end title song here!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Justice-League-Banner-618x400.jpg

With no knowledge of this films troubled production, beyond it having one, I thought it was ok. I liked Ben Afflecks older, battle worn Bruce Wayne/Batman. Probably my 2nd favourite after Keaton. I have no problem with Batman killing, quite the opposite actually, I am all for it.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Saw The Northman last night. I was ultimately disappointed. A weird movie, but not in many ways that are interesting.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    LucknFate wrote: »
    Saw The Northman last night. I was ultimately disappointed. A weird movie, but not in many ways that are interesting.

I just got back from the theater, my girlfriend and I went and saw it and we both really enjoyed it. It's my "least favorite" from Eggers but I'd still give it a 4/5. It felt much more like a thriller than an epic action-adventure at times, which I equally enjoyed.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    698665-b.jpg
    This was much better than I remember it, good final act.
    ---
    MV5BYjY3ODRlNGYtY2UzMS00ZjFiLWEyYmUtZTg1YmIzZjZhYmEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzg1ODEwNQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
    Interesting film the role Monroe plays is different to some of the her other films, her character is emotionally unbalanced.

If you've seen 'The Lighthouse' you would have expected the weirdness!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

The Lighthouse looked amazing, but I found it extremely boring and pointless.

Yeh, have to agree. Seen once, have no desire to see it again!
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited May 2022 Posts: 1,430

Yeh, have to agree. Seen once, have no desire to see it again!

I did see Lighthouse and that was my conclusion. Northman wasn't better or worse, just different, but I ultimately didn't enjoy it.
    The Untouchables (B. de Palma, 1987)
    One of de Palma s better movies, but I liked it a lot better when it first came out.
    The Untouchables (B. de Palma, 1987)
    One of de Palma s better movies, but I liked it a lot better when it first came out.

Yes, vividly recall seeing it in the cinema, and in parts audience buzzing with excitement ( when Ness throws the guy off the roof, there were cheers!)
    Hasn't held up well over time, though I do love Morricones music still!
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 4,600
    "The Power of the Dog" - billed as a Western by some but staging a movie in "the West" does not make it a Western. Hated it.
    edited May 2022 Posts: 23,376
    ghostbusters_afterlife.jpg
    I watched Ghostbusters in the cinema when I was 10 years old, one of my favourite movies of all time. just finished Ghostbusters Afterlife and it is a nostalgia trip of so many 80's films though when it finished I smiled alot more than I have for a long time with any film. Amazing tribute to Harold Ramis R. I P.

Interesting film fact, Afterlife was shot where Superman and Superman III Smallville scenes were shot.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    On the big screen...

Monsieur Klein!
    World Trade Center (O. Stone, 2006)
    R.f46afc4a94955caf3fadb6d0c9ba99fb?rik=tBtIaG7OF6D1Uw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.toledoblade.com%2fimage%2f2006%2f08%2f09%2fx600_q65_p101%2fMovie-review-World-Trade-Center.jpg&ehk=1412u2IsMx%2fJgMgyEQSJoI9zG7Ta2YY5aOzwVkmFmfk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    There were three draws for me here: Oliver Stone, Nicolas Cage and having visited The WTC personally.
    This is not among Stone s best movies. I think only the genuine story involved makes it worthwhile. Nice to see that Michael Pena isn t just a funny guy, but an accomplished actor.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    mattjoes wrote: »
    On the big screen...

Monsieur Klein!

That’s amazing! I’m a huge Alain Delon fan.

I saw La piscine once on the big screen, still one of coolest cinema experiences of my life.
    Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness : Great, but there was a lot crammed in that movie, and in some instances, it was maybe necessary to have watched some supplements first (like WandaVision or What If...?, which I have not watched because I don't subscribe to Disney +. But good cast, great moments. 8 out of 10.

BTW, about the lady that appears in the mid-credits teaser, I think they should have gotten Emma Watson. But still, I'm happy with the choice.