Happy Birthday, celebrate all those birthday wishes.

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS CHILES!

Moonraker-516.jpg

Now that is the dictionary definition of a winning smile! :D

Happy Birthday Lois Chiles!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Happy B-day, Lois Chiles! Wow, take me around the world. :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2022 Posts: 17,787
    Today marks the 100th Anniversary of the birth of James Bond continuation author and scholar Sir Kingsley Amis (1922-1995). I wish to say a massive thank you to the man who more or less invented serious Bond scholarship with The James Bond Dossier (1965) and who wrote what I consider to still be the best Bond continuation novel, Colonel Sun (1968).
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Happy 50th birthday to actress Jennifer Garner (April 17th).
    jen-garner.jpg

Now that Ben is out of the house…….. :-c
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited April 2022 Posts: 3,390
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Happy 50th birthday to actress Jennifer Garner (April 17th).
    jen-garner.jpg

Now that Ben is out of the house…….. :-c

She should have been a bond girl before or maybe Moneypenny.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nick Hornby is 65.
    maxresdefault.jpg

James Woods is 75.
    The Simpsons are 35.
    R.7c8a4c71b5e5cef42471ed0b4737765c?rik=HmRlo%2b%2bow7yNZg&riu=http%3a%2f%2fstatic.guim.co.uk%2fsys-images%2fGuardian%2fPix%2fpictures%2f2014%2f3%2f4%2f1393947492318%2fTHE-SIMPSONS-SEASON-21-014.jpg&ehk=EQvJAP7OTOOJa8qjCaRQagxBhSGGdcQq%2bcIxcngvyjE%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    James Woods is 75.

I love that this is the link to commemorate his birthday. Politics aside, I've always loved Woods' career. Videodrome is one of my all time favorite films and Vampires is one campy, cool ride.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    James Woods is 75.

I love that this is the link to commemorate his birthday. Politics aside, I've always loved Woods' career. Videodrome is one of my all time favorite films and Vampires is one campy, cool ride.

He was also pretty good in The Simpsons.
    Carmen Electra 50
    James Woods is 75.

He was also pretty good in The Simpsons.

Family Guy too.
    Barbra 80
    edited April 2022 Posts: 2,620
    Happy 80th birthday to Barbra Streisand (pictured here with fellow ‘Divas’ Adele and Shirley Bassey.
    Adele-pictured-with-Barbra-Streisand-left-and-Shirley-Bassey.jpg

Was my late mother a fan of "Babs"? You could certainty say that!!!!
    Duane Eddy is 84.

Giorgio Moroder is 82.
    Jessica Alba is 41.
    R.357792f28f8cfe8362cea61bc178777f?rik=%2ftkTRhkb5CoSZQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fmakefacts.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2020%2f01%2falba1.jpg&ehk=JWciGF4SoHZZak3p069pRzW40VGZU1bMvA4%2bAOfikGI%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy 81st birthday Ann-Marget.

kc67synwfmr11.jpg?auto=webp&s=c627c527973ed0016b3788401306c1ac439b8c22
    NEVER underrate Ann-Margret’s range of talent. Several months ago I saw her in the crime noir ONCE A THIEF (1965, with Alain Delon, Van Heflin and Jack Palance) and was blown away by her performance. To state the obvious, Ms. Margret was a lot more than just a female version of Elvis. WOW!!!!

Yet, despite all of her succusses, she’ll always be “Ann-Margrock” to me!!!!

Happy 81st birthday to Ms. Margret, and may she have many…many more.
    ann-margret-actress-1968-BPWE9F.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy 50th birthday Derek Mears.

tumblr_n7oitsX5Dv1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Woodsy Jason was an absolute unit.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

An underrated Jason, IMO.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

An underrated Jason, IMO.

Absolutely. He was not only a hulking brute of a monster, but devious too!
    I really enjoyed the remake and am still upset that the rights issues and lawsuits took hold and we never got a sequel.

Agreed on Mears, he's an excellent Jason, incredibly domineering and scary. I'll never forget the final shot in the first act where he runs up to the "final girl", swinging his machete and bringing it down before the shot cuts.
    I really enjoyed the remake and am still upset that the rights issues and lawsuits took hold and we never got a sequel.

Agreed on Mears, he's an excellent Jason, incredibly domineering and scary. I'll never forget the final shot in the first act where he runs up to the "final girl", swinging his machete and bringing it down before the shot cuts.

And now it's over, we're still no better off, as for any film to happen, both parties would have to agree. Which isn't going to happen, otherwise it would not have dragged on for so long. It's such a mess.

And now it's over, we're still no better off, as for any film to happen, both parties would have to agree. Which isn't going to happen, otherwise it would not have dragged on for so long. It's such a mess.

Completely, sadly. Film came out 13 years ago and it doesn't feel like we're anywhere closer to getting a sequel or a reboot or any new installment. You'd think money-hungry greed would allow for some sort of compromise for the higher-ups and those involved.

Completely, sadly. Film came out 13 years ago and it doesn't feel like we're anywhere closer to getting a sequel or a reboot or any new installment. You'd think money-hungry greed would allow for some sort of compromise for the higher-ups and those involved.

Which is ironic. It's greed that has caused it, but now neither man can earn from the IP by themselves.

And while Friday The 13th: The Game had it problems, the court case also killed its longevity. We would have had at least 1 new Jason, map, and game mode.
    Frankie Valli is 88.

Bill Sienkiewicz is 64.
    e7f02fd37417ea07809938e4217b7ecd.jpg
    5b635f95cb72113771f6daa1233d684c.jpg
    1125x1541_previewbannerNewMutants.jpg
    24e4a54a35a61f5fbb1fd0947d0188a8.jpg
    ea900b643c43f2522019af0e0941a27c.jpg

Bruce Glover 90

It wouldve been Lesley Gores bday too on May 2nd
    Beethoven s ninth symphony is 198.
    Tracy wrote: »
    Bruce Glover 90

Every year since I was in college, I wish Bruce a happy birthday on Facebook and he does the same for me a few days later. My birthday was yesterday and he reached out yet again, even in his old age. Nothing like having a Bond henchman send you birthday greetings. It's surreal.
    Tracy wrote: »
    Bruce Glover 90

Every year since I was in college, I wish Bruce a happy birthday on Facebook and he does the same for me a few days later. My birthday was yesterday and he reached out yet again, even in his old age. Nothing like having a Bond henchman send you birthday greetings. It's surreal.

If only I had known, I would congratulate you. You were born on the same date as the Graf Zeppelin disaster in 1937. Too late now. Spilled milk under the bridge and all that.