I'll be starting a new game

SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
edited April 2022 in Trivia & Games Posts: 3,389
I've visited CommanderBond.forum and I saw some interesting games there:

April is the cruellest month: A Day by Day Game.
For those who want to see it:
https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/t/april-is-the-cruellest-month-a-day-by-day-game/2299

And This or That? Game
For those who want to see it:
https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/t/forum-game-this-or-that/150

So between the two? What (thread) game do you guys want to start in this forum?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Honestly, I think both "games" would work better in a different format, but that wouldn't make them games anymore, so there's the wrinkle. I think making a game out of either kind of wastes a lot of good discussion and debate, which I find more rewarding and/or interesting from a forum standpoint.

In the first example, each of the daily topics are very interesting, and would be far more stimulating if they were all their own discussion threads (assuming no threads had already existed for any given one) where the topic at hand could be debated at length over time, instead of only being able to be discussed one day before we move on to another topic.

And the second example would be a cool weekly exercise, where two different opposing Bond themed characters, cars, places, etc. go at war and each member over the course of the week makes their choice while providing a detailed reason why. That would spark a little debate and it'd fun to see how people apply their reasoning differently, and we could even keep track of what the ultimate favored item was week to week. The way the game is set up for that one, only one member makes their choice between two items and then it's off to another random choice selected by them, with the snap of a finger. I think that wastes some interesting back and forth debate, since only one person decides a victor in a given instance, and we'd also run into the issue on this forum of two or more members posting at the exact same time, creating a bit of a pile-up in terms of who is to make the next choice in the game.

Just my two cents.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited April 2022 Posts: 3,389
    Honestly, I think both "games" would work better in a different format, but that wouldn't make them games anymore, so there's the wrinkle. I think making a game out of either kind of wastes a lot of good discussion and debate, which I find more rewarding and/or interesting from a forum standpoint.

In the first example, each of the daily topics are very interesting, and would be far more stimulating if they were all their own discussion threads (assuming no threads had already existed for any given one) where the topic at hand could be debated at length over time, instead of only being able to be discussed one day before we move on to another topic.

And the second example would be a cool weekly exercise, where two different opposing Bond themed characters, cars, places, etc. go at war and each member over the course of the week makes their choice while providing a detailed reason why. That would spark a little debate and it'd fun to see how people apply their reasoning differently, and we could even keep track of what the ultimate favored item was week to week. The way the game is set up for that one, only one member makes their choice between two items and then it's off to another random choice selected by them, with the snap of a finger. I think that wastes some interesting back and forth debate, since only one person decides a victor in a given instance, and we'd also run into the issue on this forum of two or more members posting at the exact same time, creating a bit of a pile-up in terms of who is to make the next choice in the game.

Just my two cents.

Thanks @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I agree with you. 👍
    I liked your idea regarding of how those games would improve.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2022 Posts: 40,447
    A fun idea, no doubt, but I'd say we have enough games going that we needn't poach ideas from other forums such as that one. Just my two cents, considering the outrage that would likely be cast if the shoe was on the other foot.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2022 Posts: 28,694
    @Creasy47, that was also the thought in the back of my mind, as I think some CommanderBond members may try to sue us because they'll act as if they have a digital patent for said games. ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Creasy47, that was also the thought in the back of my mind, as I think some CommanderBond members may try to sue us because they'll act as if they have a digital patent for said games. ;)

100%! We'll be in the high courts in no time, despite their own actions and reactions in the past.