Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited March 2022 Posts: 2,928
    MSL49 wrote: »
    We dont need another Craig.

Don't worry - there's no one of that calibre among British actors in the right age group. The closest to Craig in terms of looks, gravitas, ability and presence is Kevin McKidd from Rome, but he's already the age Dan was in SP. So it won't be him. He'd be seen as a substitute Craig, anyway, and I suspect EON are going to want to distinguish the new guy with some clear blue water, to avoid comparisons with DC. They could well go a very different route this time around.
    I’m glad the people in charge think beyond surface looks when it comes to casting people.
    Although that wasn't always the case - chances are Cubby Broccoli would've cast Adrian Paul over Daniel Craig, purely because Adrian looked like Bond and Dan didn't. After all, he vetoed BB's attempt to cast Sean Bean as Bond because Bean was short and blond. Sounds familiar...! But, yes, Craig's probably broken the mould of what Bond should look like, so more people will be eligible now than in the past.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2022 Posts: 14,951
    He didn't like Sam Neill either (I believe for looks reasons too), and I think he'd have been rather excellent.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited March 2022 Posts: 4,247
    mtm wrote: »
    He didn't like Sam Neill either (I believe for looks reasons too), and I think he'd have been rather excellent.

I agree. He nailed that screen test. He was going to bring a sort of calm, yet brutal style to the role. Neill has this James Mason style of acting....cool and calm, but very thoughtful. Well, I'm very happy with Dalton too.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes, he's very good in Reilly Ace of Spies; very easy to see why they wanted to try him.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Neill would have been brilliant. There's a couple of scenes in that Omen sequel he was in where he really got that vicious bastard thing across superbly while still looking very slick.
    i honestly have no idea

the actors I know for bond all are extremely famous so clearly they wouldnt work... but yeah

I will Say this Patterson who was famous before he became The Batman was able to really transform into the role. So maybe a famous actor could work.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Risico007 wrote: »
    i honestly have no idea

the actors I know for bond all are extremely famous so clearly they wouldnt work... but yeah

I will Say this Patterson who was famous before he became The Batman was able to really transform into the role. So maybe a famous actor could work.

He was well known but not a super star.
    Venutius wrote: »
    Although that wasn't always the case - chances are Cubby Broccoli would've cast Adrian Paul over Daniel Craig, purely because Adrian looked like Bond and Dan didn't. After all, he vetoed BB's attempt to cast Sean Bean as Bond because Bean was short and blond. Sounds familiar...! But, yes, Craig's probably broken the mould of what Bond should look like, so more people will be eligible now than in the past.

I thought the idea was that Adrian Paul looked somewhat like Sean Connery...not necessarily like James Bond.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Jimjambond wrote: »
    I've never been so nervous about the casting of the next Bond actor till now. Most of the suggestions I've seen across the board (not just here) have been quite terrible.

+1
    Absolutely, I'm not excited about the casting of Bond #7, as much as I'm nervous. None if the potential candidates jump out, although I'm certain EON know better than I
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Didn't Sam Neil say that he didn't want the role, he was pressured into auditioning by his agent? I thought his screen test was a little on the bland side.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Yes, Sam Neill didn't want the role.
    Since62 wrote: »
    Venutius wrote: »

I thought the idea was that Adrian Paul looked somewhat like Sean Connery...not necessarily like James Bond.

In any case he was a bit old to succeed to Brosnan.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Didn't Sam Neil say that he didn't want the role, he was pressured into auditioning by his agent? I thought his screen test was a little on the bland side.

Correct. He didn't want to be part of a franchise. It's partially why they take over ten years each time they want him to do a Jurassic sequel. He takes a lot of convincing, it seems.
    😆 Good one! 👍
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2022 Posts: 5,869
    After seeing the Bullet Train trailer, my eyes have shifted towards Aaron Taylor-Johnson again.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    After seeing the Bullet Train trailer, my eyes have shifted towards Aaron Taylor-Johnson again.

Look away, look away, look away!!!! 😉

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    talos7 wrote: »
    Look away, look away, look away!!!! 😉
    I think he could surprise you @talos7, but I understand your tricky past with him ;)
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Taylor Johnson is test material.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Did he not also say he doesn’t want it?
    mtm wrote: »
    Did he not also say he doesn’t want it?

Not sure if he'd be good at it, bit it's better than being too eager for the role.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    It is ridiculous and maddening to read someone make a valid point and someone else take off, deliberately - or by genuinely being obtuse and thick - missing or avoiding the point so as to show how skilled they think they are at sarcasm. It happens all over this website and is pathetic. Rather than read, be enlightened and enjoy, one winds up picking through the rubble for a few worthwhile items to read.

So very true. To paraphrase Silva, "It's exhausting". I don't have the energy and inclination to sift through all the mountains of noise and nonsense to find, and enjoy, the few worthwhile posts.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    He can say what he want to other's but i think in deep down he feel's total opposite.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    So I took this screenshot from behind the scenes of the new Fantastic Beasts because it reminded me that I still think Callum Turner should be considered.

AYsIZ4W.jpg
    So I took this screenshot from behind the scenes of the new Fantastic Beasts because it reminded me that I still Callum Turner should be considered.

AYsIZ4W.jpg

I am going to make remarkable admission my friend. I know that I’ve given you a hard time about this Turner , but when I saw this trailer , for the first time I could see that he has possibles.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    talos7 wrote: »
    So I took this screenshot from behind the scenes of the new Fantastic Beasts because it reminded me that I still Callum Turner should be considered.

AYsIZ4W.jpg

I am going to make remarkable admission my friend. I know that I’ve given you a hard time about this Turner , but when I saw this trailer , for the first time I could see that he has possibles.
    Oh wow @talos7, well...

welcome-aboard-up-movie.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He looks like a royalty version of Alfred E. Neumann.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    He looks like a royalty version of Alfred E. Neumann.
    Who? Roger Moore? ;)
    Recently watched SAS Red Notice on Sky mainly to see how good or bad Sam Heughen would be for Bond ( never watched Outlander). It's a definite no from me. Looks ok I guess but a bit bland and insipid. A bit to metrosexual for me.