Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Sorry if someone already shared it, but this article should shed some light about what's in the head of Barbara Broccoli: https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1574995/Next-James-Bond-casting-process-Barbara-Broccoli/amp
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 784
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Sorry if someone already shared it, but this article should shed some light about what's in the head of Barbara Broccoli: https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1574995/Next-James-Bond-casting-process-Barbara-Broccoli/amp

If they are starting with concept/script before actor it really is a toss up. They must have been considering actors for quite some time now even if they are far from a decision.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 784
    0*sYYmyMPaSGKf6MU_.png

If bond can be blond, bond can be ginger.
    Gleeson's been mentioned a few times before. I think he can pull it off, he's a good actor but at 38 I'm not sure if EoN may want to go younger.
    Ludovico wrote: »

If they are starting with concept/script before actor it really is a toss up. They must have been considering actors for quite some time now even if they are far from a decision.

Maybe, but the approach they'll want to take with the next tenure will play heavily (I think) in the casting decision. And according to what Broccoli said, I doubt they'll go for an older actor for a short tenure deal or a one off, as some people have been suggesting here. I think the next Bond will be relatively young, in his 30s when cast.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire

Thanks to the grading, Bond was approaching ginger in Matera!
  • DSC04667.jpg

What do we think of Daryl McCormack who plays Isiah in the last season of Peaky Blinders?
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    He actually is very good in Belfast. As is Ciàran Hinds (a new M maybe?). And Judi Dench. And Catríona Balfe would make a great Bond Lady.
    I've never been so nervous about the casting of the next Bond actor till now. Most of the suggestions I've seen across the board (not just here) have been quite terrible.
    My sentiments exactly, @Jimjambond.
    Most of the names mentioned in the media are about as Bond like as Bugs Bunny.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    DSC04667.jpg

What do we think of Daryl McCormack who plays Isiah in the last season of Peaky Blinders?

We don’t think of him as Bond. 😉

0*sYYmyMPaSGKf6MU_.png

he looks like a young Craig... and I have no idea who he is I think we may have found a winner ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    He's a terrific actor but he's perhaps not exactly your usual alpha male type.
    I'm sure you've probably seen in Star Wars at least.
    I've actually never seen any Star Wars and that guy sort of looks like he'd be at home in an Alan Rickman biopic...
    mtm wrote: »

what star wars is he in?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Yeah, good news is, we don't know who Barbara is watching....so that's a good thing. Maybe she has already picked him in her mind, but Bond 7 and us fans don't know yet, until she announces him after the screen test.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Risico007 wrote: »

what star wars is he in?

He's in the sequels as General Hux

general-hux-general-pryde_6b8fa06e.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C536
    yeah I saw those films...he was so good at playing a nasty, P.O.S. villain that he ruined himself for portraying Bond.
    Jimjambond wrote: »
    I've never been so nervous about the casting of the next Bond actor till now. Most of the suggestions I've seen across the board (not just here) have been quite terrible.

Don't feel poorly. I am quite convinced that a vast majority of suggestions on here are made in jest. They MUST be...Daryl McCormack ? See what I mean ? Am I being mean ? Perhaps, but isn't it also mean to propose someone inappropriate for it ? What if they saw such a suggestion, and started to feel enthusiasm for it ? Not nice.
    Since62 wrote: »

Don't feel poorly. I am quite convinced that a vast majority of suggestions on here are made in jest. They MUST be...Daryl McCormack ? See what I mean ? Am I being mean ? Perhaps, but isn't it also mean to propose someone inappropriate for it ? What if they saw such a suggestion, and started to feel enthusiasm for it ? Not nice.

Social media and the general public always have a rather ludicrous vision of who should or could be a Bond actor: Hugh Grant, Robbie Williams, Will Smith, George Clooney.
    Since62 wrote: »

So who is your choice?

not being mean just curious
    DSC04667.jpg

Did you suggest him because of that scene with him and Ada in last night’s episode? I was getting a real Bond vibe from him in that myself. He’s definitely got presence and charm. Could be one to watch.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Must have been a cute baby a couple years ago.
    Arf!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Sounds interesting, I'm way behind (several series!) on Peaky so will have to check him out.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 12,837
    Sounds interesting, I'm way behind (several series!) on Peaky so will have to check him out.

Honestly you’re not missing that much. It’s still really slick and stylish and the actors are great as ever, but the last few seasons have been quite patchy plot wise imo. It’s still good, but I think the first two seasons are Peaky’s peak.

You will have seen the character he plays actually, but played by a different actor. Really small role, one of the junior Peaky Blinders. But they seem to be giving him a bit more to do now they’ve recast him with Mckormack, and I think there is something about him. Just googled him and he’s got a lead role in a film with Emma Thompson coming out that’s had some good reviews too, so it does seem like he could be going places.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yeah Peaky should have ended with series 4, but there's been the odd strong moment peppered throughout with the support cast usually making the most of it. He's one of them at the moment.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm going with his competitor Harry Palmer on the other side at the same time at the moment (played by an ex-Peaky Blinder of course!). It's a lot more enjoyable than I expected it would be. I think Joe Cole is giving a nicely subtle performance in it too: sort of the Daniel Craig of Palmers. I'm sure he'll get added onto the papers' list of possible Bonds because they're not very imaginative like that :D
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    We dont need another Craig.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Atleast he has dark hair.