Coronavirus Discussion

Comments

Got my third booster shot yesterday. Took Moderna this time (not enough Pfizer to spread around). No ill effect so fr, apart from a bit of pain where they did the shot.
  • KenAustinKenAustin United States
    No way on God's green earth I'd go anywhere near another of those shots
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Gerard wrote: »
    Got my third booster shot yesterday. Took Moderna this time (not enough Pfizer to spread around). No ill effect so fr, apart from a bit of pain where they did the shot.

Got mine last week.
    KenAustin wrote: »

Don't worry, @KenAustin. It's safe and you're helping yourself and others. 🙂
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Got mine last week.

Don't worry, @KenAustin. It's safe and you're helping yourself and others. 🙂

I'm already vaxed homie...not going back for any more rounds of the control boosters so they can keep selling and fear mongering, as far as I'm concerned I helped enough there won't be a repeat mistake, I'd rather sit at home and stock pile my money than spend it on trinkets and travel
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Since the vaccination program started here in Norway a year ago, an average of five people have died every week, and over 80 serious side effects per week. From the vaccines, to be clear.
    Since the vaccination program started here in Norway a year ago, an average of five people have died every week, and over 80 serious side effects per week. From the vaccines, to be clear.

Is the ratio or percentage high enough to make it look like a problem or does your govt just hate your people
    edited January 2022 Posts: 45,489

Is the ratio or percentage high enough to make it look like a problem or does your govt just hate your people

They don t care. They don t work for us, but for someone else. It s the same where you re from.

They don t care. They don t work for us, but for someone else. It s the same where you re from.

To be honest I don't know why people even listen to them anymore

Same. I sure don t. It is due to some superstition about "authority" and a skillful and massive brainwashing program.

Same. I sure don t. It is due to some superstition about "authority" and a skillful and massive brainwashing program.

I make it an effort to stay away from the mainstream social media and I don't watch the news generally.

I make it an effort to stay away from the mainstream social media and I don't watch the news generally.

Every thinking and informed person knows by now that they don t work for us, or for truth, either.

Every thinking and informed person knows by now that they don t work for us, or for truth, either.

That is why I stopped subscribing, you only give them power when you provide them with your attention...none of them are worth an ounce of my time or energy
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 8,676
    I think there is a lot more fear-mongering, and especially of an extremely unreasonable kind, among you conspiracy "theorists". The quotes are due to the fact that there is nothing in your presumptions that warrants a denomination as "theory", since this has some scientific connotations.

It keeps surprising me how people who otherwise seem normal, at times funny, and in many regards reasonable, can resort to your kind of denial and downright damnation of constitutional and democratic institutions, just because measures that the overwhelming majority of scientists consider necessary are not to your liking. It's the likes of you who are directly responsible for 100,000s of casualties worldwide. Thank you...NOT!

PS: Vaccination mandate worldwide...NOW!
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I think there is a lot more fear-mongering, and especially of an extremely unreasonable kind, among you conspiracy "theorists". The quotes are due to the fact that there is nothing in your presumptions that warrants a denomination as "theory", since this has some scientific connotations.

It keeps surprising me how people who otherwise seem normal, at times funny, and in many regards reasonable, can resort to your kind of denial and downright damnation of constitutional and democratic institutions, just because measures that the overwhelming majority of scientists consider necessary are not to your liking. It's the likes of you who are directly responsible for 100,000s of casualties worldwide. Thank you...NOT!

Surprising that this sort of lunatic gibberish comes from a German?

@j_w_pepper

Obviously, I am pro-vaccines, but I don't think a mandate can work, at least not in a practical sense. What will we do when people refuse? Invade their homes, knock them down and then stick a needle in them? Of course not. Make them pay some sort of a fine? That still doesn't get them vaccinated.

Furthermore, most first-world countries have already reached impressively high vaccination ratio's. Third-world countries -- and please forgive me for using these terms for lack of better ones -- don't need mandates, they need vaccines and logistical support first and foremost. And even if those were offered in great abundance, some countries just won't be able to get their population vaccinated. People with almost no education, who trust their local shamans more than doctors, whose sense of reality is entirely lost in superstition, or who simply cannot be reached, won't get it, no matter what mandates one might impose on them politically. These countries will have to hope for the best, and for mutations that may slowly lessen the severity of the pandemic. And that saddens me, but I'm afraid it's an inescapable fact.

Just the type of gibberish I'd expect from someone that only consumes half of a story. You really ought to step outside and experience the massive contradiction to common sense that this entire scenario has catapulted society into, especially in your country that I had to be vaccinated just to visit a few months ago where you apparently need a current negative test result to eat out before 3pm but weirdly you are safe after 3pm and don't need a negative test result, or where you get your vaccine passport (papers) checked 6 times inside the same building every time you walk through a doorway just to board a plane. You can't act like you are being compassionate to the masses with your unnerving support of while you are displaying a lack of compassion or empathy to those that have reasons not to take a vaccine...in my opinion anyone studying or experimenting on vaccines in an effort to make them more dangerous while hiding behind the guise of science are ultimately evil and should be treated and dealt with as such. There is absolutely no reason to experiment on something that 1) would take millions of years to evolve on its own or 2) would likely never scientifically occur on its own in nature...and then try to peddle a mandatory vaccine on people...and the fact you ended your quote with demanding a worldwide vaccine mandate is exactly why the planet was engaged in a second world war. In my opinion there should be no room on earth for two kinds of people (animals really), those that harm children, and those that experiment on humans and animals. But you are entitled to your opinion. I just think that the majority of what has transpired over the last two years borders mental retardation, and I'm still not subscribing.
    @KenAustin
    The actual discussion aside, your personal attack on @j_w_pepper is unacceptable. Those last couple of lines crossed more than one line. Please refrain from anything like this in the future, or you will be issued official warnings.
    @KenAustin
    The actual discussion aside, your personal attack on @j_w_pepper is unacceptable. Those last couple of lines crossed more than one line. Please refrain from anything like this in the future, or you will be issued official warnings.

Fair enough...I don't see any of what I stated as a personal attack versus generalized statements, I was having what I thought was a reasonable exchange with Thunderfinger before he chimed in with actual labels. But point taken.
    @KenAustin

Fair enough...I don't see any of what I stated as a personal attack versus generalized statements, I was having what I thought was a reasonable exchange with Thunderfinger before he chimed in with actual labels. But point taken.

Thank you.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Army vaccine could protect against COVID and all future coronaviruses

White House Chief Medical Adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci recently underscored the government's investment in a universal COVID-19 vaccine that could successfully combat all variants. In an interview with NBC Thursday, Fauci said there was a concerted effort to develop a universal COVID vaccine that "would mean that the initial vaccination would cover all of these little variants, so you wouldn't have to worry."

https://www.cnet.com/health/army-vaccine-could-protect-against-covid-and-all-future-coronaviruses/
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,351
    People who misrepresent information to NSW Health will be hit with fines of up to $5,000 after Health Minister Brad Hazzard became the target of a COVID-19 prank.

Hazzard revealed on Tuesday that he had been the victim of a COVID-19 prank after his details were falsely registered with NSW Health as having returned a positive rapid antigen test.

The state government last week mandated people report positive rapid test results to NSW Health, or face fines of $1,000.

“Some people think it's a joke - perhaps malicious - to put in false reports to [NSW Health] about somebody being positive,” Hazzard said.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/5000-fines-threatened-malicious-covid-pranks-000005649.html

Australia news live update: deadliest day of pandemic as nation records 74 Covid deaths; Victoria declares ‘code brown’ for hospitals amid staff shortages.
    Words fail me. A Czech singer, Hana Horka, who wanted a health pass but didn't want to get vaccinated, contracted CoVid willingly in order to get that pass. CoVid got her good. She passed away, aged 57.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996

I know you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but... What an idiot !
    Words fail me. A Czech singer, Hana Horka, who wanted a health pass but didn't want to get vaccinated, contracted CoVid willingly in order to get that pass. CoVid got her good. She passed away, aged 57.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996

I know you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but... What an idiot !

Tragic... because it didn't have to go this way. But she's not the first case. By now we've seen more than enough videos of people on their deathbed begging others to get vaccinated and not make the same mistake they did.
    A divided nation: Western Australia stays shut as COVID deaths mount in east

Australia will remain a divided nation with the vast mining state of Western Australia cancelling plans to reopen its borders on Feb. 5 citing health risks from a surge in the Omicron COVID-19 variant in eastern states.

Australia's most populous state New South Wales (NSW) on Friday reported its deadliest day of the pandemic

NSW reported 46 deaths of patients with COVID-19 including one infant, while Victoria state saw 20 lives lost. Yet, a drop in hospitalisations in both states did offer hope the latest outbreak might have peaked.

All states and territories, except Western Australia (WA), have reopened their internal borders under a policy of living with COVID-19, despite a record surge in cases. Western Australia was to follow suit next month.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/1-divided-nation-western-australia-004254101.html
    MELBOURNE WORLD WIDE RALLY FOR FREEDOM 22ND JANUARY 2022

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I tested positive three days ago, I have no symptoms though obviously following government guidelines and continuing to isolate. I have had all three jabs.

To be honest whenever there has been a flu going around and everyone is coughing and spluttering pre pandemic I very rarely got any symptoms.
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 1,314
    Good luck - having no symptoms maybe a benefit of being jabbed.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I tested positive three days ago, I have no symptoms though obviously following government guidelines and continuing to isolate. I have had all three jabs.

To be honest whenever there has been a flu going around and everyone is coughing and spluttering pre pandemic I very rarely got any symptoms.
    Chances are with three jabs your symptoms may be very mild at worst. Still nasty to an extent, but nowhere near life-threatening. Good luck in every way, but there's ample reason to have a positive attitude.

Chances are with three jabs your symptoms may be very mild at worst. Still nasty to an extent, but nowhere near life-threatening. Good luck in every way, but there's ample reason to have a positive attitude.
    Agreed. The jabs are doing their job. About half of my colleagues (ca. 100 people) have had corona by now. The ones who got vaccinated suffered mild annoyances at worst. The two stubborn fools who took their wisdom from Twitter and never got vaccinated were both hospitalized for a long time and one of them has "long covid". I remember discussions about "natural immunity" and side-effects from vaccines...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,265

Thank you, I am fine even been strength training at home, I have developed no symptoms at all other than getting a bit of cabin fever (I am very much an outdoors person). All being well following UK Government guidelines and if I get negative results I will be able to stop isolating soon. :)
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Good luck - having no symptoms maybe a benefit of being jabbed.

Cheers mate, possibly the Jabs have done there job. I do know of someone who recently died who had no vaccinations who was several years younger than myself in there 30's.