NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - First Reactions vs. Current Reactions

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    So rather than all this pointless back and forth, back to the topic, please. So how do we think EON will 're-introduce' 007 back to life? I've read that the new 007 could be introduced in April with Dr. No's 60th anniversary date. You know EON already has this planned out, and I am quite sure they know who they want to get as the new Bond.

The way I see it, Craig's Bond was in its own 007 universe, with its own beginnings, its own characters (Bond, M, Q, Moneypenny ,Blofeld, its own timeline, its own world and his own death).

So they basically have the same liberties with the new guy. There has never really been continuity when the baton changes hands so it shouldn't be an issue now. Dench moved into the new universe with a new take on M, so it remains to be seen if other characters do, I quite like Mallory.....

Yep exactly. I liked Mallory and all of Craig's Whitehall Brigade, but I don't think any of them will be back.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Wouldn't October be the anniversary (the 60th anniversary of the month that I was born, 10/62)?

Global James Bond Day Oct 5. A whole year after NTTD, after the dust has settled.

I think the article I saw referred to the novel Dr.No, which was 31 March '58.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Wouldn't October be the anniversary (the 60th anniversary of the month that I was born, 10/62)?

Global James Bond Day Oct 5. A whole year after NTTD, after the dust has settled.

I think the article I saw referred to the novel Dr.No, which was 31 March '58.

Of course that would make it the 64th anniversary lol
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I've asked for a ban a few times, and once I really deserved it, but it's apparently not easy!

I have messaged one of the mods. A break from the site is due I think.

Take a load off and watch NTTD a sixth time. You might finally like it this time.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Minion wrote: »
    I’m sorry we ignored your first cry for attention there @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, which forced you watch a movie you didn’t like four more times so someone would finally notice you. Personally I’d stick to watching movies you like, you might find it’s a better use of your time. ;))

Though, sounds like @Murdock would be game to pop on over so you can hate-watch it a sixth time if that’s how you both get your kicks. That’ll really stick it to Barbara Broccoli for taking your beloved toys away from you.

Unfortunately, Moderator Dimi would rather defend his right to say the movie is awful ad infinitum, than give us the option to avoid having to see it repeatedly, because an ignore function has been deemed childish. Makes this place a haven for negative spam, just to irk those who actually appreciate the film.

Hi, @MrsAuralSects, "moderator Dimi" here.

First of all, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns is a valued member here, and after his many years of contributing to this forum, his opinion commands my respect. In fact, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns is known to be quite the positive guy. Head over to a DC or Batman thread, and you'll find @Fire_and_Ice_Returns fencing off quite a bit of negativity and criticism from other members. When discussing those films, I agree with him; when discussing NTTD, I don't. What's that, could it be that people sometimes agree and sometimes don't? I believe that's called "maturity". Ow, well, funny how that works. If I chose to "ignore" or "block" my good friend @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, then I'd miss out on the positive conversations we also have. And if and when we disagree, we do so in the best of terms. After all, opinions concerning films are nothing serious or life-threatening. Just films... So keep your knickers on.

"Repeatedly", you say? You know what else is being repeated? Your nagging about childish, asocial features which allow you to pretend other people don't exist rather than talk with them like grown-ups. I assumed we had concluded that discussion yesterday in a different thread. Turns out I'm wrong as you chose to bring it up again--"repeatedly".

I appreciate NTTD. Very much, in fact. I'm not "irked" by those who don't. I've been defending SP for close to six years now, and I'm pretty alone in that. I'm not "irked" by almost everyone else. Many of those who hate SP are people I call my friends. It's not like we're setting each other's houses on fire. We grab a few drinks, have some laughs, agree about some things and disagree about others. That's how you "adult", that's how you "friend". You might want to start there.

"Make this place a haven for negative spam," you say. Is that why you are doing that very thing by getting even with "moderator Dimi" now in this thread? Have I hurt your feelings? Is this how you cope? Poor @MrsAuralSects.

But hey, you're angry, I get it. We all get it. See, I have some really good news for you. Other forums exist. I vaguely recall one being set up a decade ago to harbour disgruntled members of this forum, psychologically incapable of accepting a new layout. They don't like us very much over there. They don't like "moderator Dimi" very much over there. Just because. Haters will hate, and all that. You know the feeling; you've been ranting about it in your last dozen posts. A sad thing, isn't it? All that Internet negativity? Like your post. Very negative. Still, maybe that forum has the sparkling features you so desperately seek. Meanwhile, I don't need a "BLOCK/IGNORE" feature to get rid of your negativity. I find you rather amusing.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited November 2021 Posts: 4,343

Lol they got the actual gross wrong just like Blofeld’s date of birth.
    NTTD grossed $734M worldwide, not $743. :D
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 214
    DarthDimi wrote: »

"Make this place a haven for negative spam," you say. Is that why you are doing that very thing by getting even with "moderator Dimi" now in this thread? Have I hurt your feelings? Is this how you cope? Poor @MrsAuralSects.

Please don't abuse your position by posting this type of nonsense and then waving your Moderator thimble when you're responded to.

I see no harm in including a “block”/“ignore” feature. @JamesPage adding that would be of great value.
    I see no harm in including a “block”/“ignore” feature. @JamesPage adding that would be of great value.

That would’ve saved me a couple of warnings haha..

I actually agree with Dimi and his "Hallway Scene" of a post up there. I think it's better if we can just move past posts we don't agree with. It does no one any good to just block out all posts by certain members, I don't htink. Also @DarthDimi, I didn't know you were a Spectre fan, I love it as well.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I've been defending SP for close to six years now, and I'm pretty alone in that.
    Not quite! I watched it a day or so after I watched NTTD to make me feel better. I actually like it more than CR!

Please don't abuse your position by posting this type of nonsense and then waving your Moderator thimble when you're responded to.

I'm abusing my position how again? Have I banned you? No. Have I issued warnings? No. But since you kept referring to me as "moderator Dimi", I felt compelled to answer in bold. It was the least I could do. And now, if you don't mind, I'm going to watch NTTD a fifth time, this time via VOD. I like that film, you see. I'm sure you can sympathise.

I actually agree with Dimi and his "Hallway Scene" of a post up there. I think it's better if we can just move past posts we don't agree with. It does no one any good to just block out all posts by certain members, I don't htink. Also @DarthDimi, I didn't know you were a Spectre fan, I love it as well.

Better make that 3.
  • I see no harm in including a “block”/“ignore” feature. @JamesPage adding that would be of great value.

Thank you. People can choose to ignore me if they wish, that's fine, it works both ways/
    matt_u wrote: »

Better make that 3.

Wow, and here I was being told about ALL THAT NEGATIVITY on this forum. ;-)

I agree with all this. About the posts and Spectre.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The SPECTRE love keeps flowing. The gates have opened.... ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Thanks @DarthDimi though I was in the wrong I will take any criticism it's fine.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    The SPECTRE love keeps flowing. The gates have opened.... ;)

There must be an appreciation thread. It probably has more dust than Mr. White's chessboard, we should give it a wipe off.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thanks @DarthDimi though I was in the wrong I will take any criticism it's fine.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns from the doghouse already. Welcome back!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

'I never left...' Well not yet anyway.
    Yeah, don't leave, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.

Fire_and_Ice_Returns_Returns
    The love and positivity keep percolating up!
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,265
    Positivity is good for sure.

I know it's been mentioned though excellent news regarding NTTD worldwide box office, we still want the series to thrive.

As much as I think the likes of DAD is bad it's still a Bond film and I have and will continue to watch it countless times as I will with NTTD, despite its flaws NTTD is entertaining.

Thanks @mattjoes

You didn’t have to be so snooty @DarthDimi. That’s my job.

I know it's been mentioned though excellent news regarding NTTD worldwide box office, we still want the series to thrive.

As much as I think the likes of DAD is bad it's still a Bond film and I have and will continue to watch it countless times as I will with NTTD, despite its flaws NTTD is entertaining.

Thanks @mattjoes

If you're like me, you might appreciate that after the death (however you feel about it), they don't dwell on it at all. A quick scene in M's office, a quick scene with Madeleine, and that's it.

To me, the fact they don't dwell on it for long really helps it's inclusion in the standard rotation of Bond films I'll watch at home.

They could have Return of the King'd it and had everyone say goodbye for four hours, maybe had a drawn out emotional funeral in the rain or some such nonsense, but they thankfully didn't.

Thanks @mattjoes

If you're like me, you might appreciate that after the death (however you feel about it), they don't dwell on it at all. A quick scene in M's office, a quick scene with Madeleine, and that's it.

To me, the fact they don't dwell on it for long really helps it's inclusion in the standard rotation of Bond films I'll watch at home.

They could have Return of the King'd it and had everyone say goodbye for four hours, maybe had a drawn out emotional funeral in the rain or some such nonsense, but they thankfully didn't.

I actually don't mind the death or daughter I just have major issues with the script and some of the dialogue in NTTD.

M reading Fleming at the end is one of the best moments in the film I think.

I definitely appreciate it not dwelling on Bond's death, funerals in films often drag a prime example is BvS at the end it really grinds the film to a halt.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,526
    That's Jack London! But I agree, I love that quote and it's use in the film.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,265
    That's Jack London! But I agree, I love that quote and it's use in the film.

Why did I think it was Fleming? My bad, superb line though.

"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."