NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Critical Reaction and Box Office Performance

Comments

Might be in the Bond producer's interest to mention streaming revenue at some point, if only to silence the haters who keep saying it needs zillions to break-even.

Even if NTTD initially loses money, the entire Bond franchise is a money-making machine....

I don't think, that EON, MGM or anyone else care about what people think concerning the box office.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Might be in the Bond producer's interest to mention streaming revenue at some point, if only to silence the haters who keep saying it needs zillions to break-even.

Even if NTTD initially loses money, the entire Bond franchise is a money-making machine....

Too bad this movie needs to be make 11 trillion dollars to break even. That's what the MI6 HQ accountants said, right?
  • Minion wrote: »

Too bad this movie needs to be make 11 trillion dollars to break even. That's what the MI6 HQ accountants said, right?

I hate to say it, but the accountants seem to be running MI6 these days...
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 3,164
    UK PVOD rental release next Friday, Nov 19th
  • TheBondFan wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »

Yes but some of them are very lovely!
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited November 2021 Posts: 2,036
    TheBondFan wrote: »

To paraphrase Truman Lodge....

“Brilliant! Well done EoN... another hundred million dollar write off!

🤣
    Mallory wrote: »
    TheBondFan wrote: »

To paraphrase Truman Lodge....

“Brilliant! Well done EoN... another hundred million dollar write off!

🤣

Loyalty is more important to Babs and Michael than money.
  • As someone posted earlier EON won't give a monkeys what the average fan thinks the film needs to break even. And rightly so. Let's leave the numbers to the professionals. NTTD has done very nicely especially considering the US market are indifferent to Bond.
    NTTD has to this date,not made a cent in profit.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Said the one working at MGM.
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    NTTD has to this date,not made a cent in profit.

You are making a definitive assumption about something you don't know anything about. No one except the accountants working at EON knows exactly how much money they need to make to break even. There are too many variables for any of us to know.
    *working at MGM.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    All studios claim they never make profit.
    I’m very pleasantly surprised we got to $700 million. The film seems to have legs despite the pandemic.
    matt_u wrote: »
    *working at MGM.

Yes, that's true, I guess.
  • It will be slightly over the 150m in the US and about 705-10ww by the end of this weekend.

After that, it has maybe another 10m to go in the US, and anything over 750ww will be cream.

Anyone wants to lambast it after that can still contend with the fact it's the biggest Hollywood movie on the world scene for the year, having bested F9.

Spidey might beat it sometime in 2022 but still....
    The 4k 'crap' still looked great on my big bedroom telly and no annoying ringtones or people talking on their damn phones.

Still a good choice for those not comfortable with cinemas just yet....

People were actually talking on their phones when you went to see it in the cinema?
    Doubt that.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    TR007 wrote: »
    The 4k 'crap' still looked great on my big bedroom telly and no annoying ringtones or people talking on their damn phones.

Still a good choice for those not comfortable with cinemas just yet....

People were actually talking on their phones when you went to see it in the cinema?
    Doubt that.

When I saw it in the cinema yesterday, two teens were dry humping each other.

So, yeah.... 😅
    edited November 2021 Posts: 4,343
    I’m struggling to find out the figures but it looks like NTTD will cross at least the $11M mark in Australia on its opening weekend. SP opened with $8M and SF with $12.8.

In the UK Bond is dropping just a -20% and next week it will surpass Avatar and maybe even SP. It will get close to £100m at this rate and might even get over the mark if it stays on during the Christmas period…

EDIT: In China NTTD passed $58M, approaching $60M+ before next weekend that would mean besting SF's $59M. Looking for a $65M final cume.

In the US NTTD passed the $150M domestic mark after grossing an estimated $4.62M this weekend (fantastic -23% drop). Estimated total gross stands at $150.48M with a projected final run of $160M+.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 214
    TR007 wrote: »
    Doubt that.

Maybe you have Primo's bionic eye to see what goes on in other theaters around the world?
    :-j
  • Next weekend it tops F9.....
  • RyanRyan Canada
    So once it tops Fast 9, that makes it the highest grossing Hollywood film of the year with the only real competition being Spider Man when that arrives. Not bad for a flop! ;)
    The good news is that NTTD confirms its spectacular legs and will 100% hit the $760 million mark worldwide. Box-office experts keep on updating their final projections for Bond, no one really saw such a spectacular global run coming.
    The “bad” news is that with this opening in Australia a $50M final cume is out of the equation imo. NTTD opened slightly better than SP so with a better legs I hope it’s gonna hit the $30M mark in Australia.

Spider-Man: NWH is gonna hit the $1B mark for sure so just like in 2012 Bond will end up being the second highest grossing film of the year behind some ensamble Marvel flick (in 2012 was The Avengers).
    This film has such legs, that if Bond had legs like that, he would still be alive today.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    mattjoes wrote: »
    This film has such legs, that if Bond had legs like that, he would still be alive today.

:))
  • According to Deadline Hollywood

After seven weekends of offshore release, MGM/Eon/Universal’s No Time To Die continues to bond with audiences and has crossed $700M global. Importantly, that includes over $558M at the international box office, making Bond 25 the biggest Hollywood movie overseas in 2021 and throughout the pandemic era. The Cary Joji Fukunaga-directed NTTD had a great start in Australia this session and has now surpassed Skyfall’s lifetime in 18 markets and Spectre’s lifetime in 22
    $600+ OS here we come. I know it’s unlikely, if not impossible, but I would be ecstatic if NTTD hit $800M WW.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited November 2021 Posts: 8,000
    So much for all the doom and gloom.

“Nobody will see it because of that ending!”
    Burgess wrote: »
    $600+ OS here we come. I know it’s unlikely, if not impossible, but I would be ecstatic if NTTD hit $800M WW.

That would’ve been possible with $50M from Australia since I have the feeling now Bond will close its run at ~$775/780M.

Next week is gonna be fun since Bond will hit a couple of milestones like becoming the highest grossing non Chinese film of 2020/202; the third highest grossing film in the UK; the second highest grossing Bond film in China.