Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    mtm wrote: »
    Just looks like a man to me.

nicholas+hoult+the+banker.jpg

But try to picture him with that red suit and white cap, crawling on the floor. It would work.

If you like.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I’ll be the first to admit that five, or so years ago I would have scoffed at the idea of Hoult as Bond , but in that time he has matured as an actor and progressively grown into his looks.
  • I would support him in the role but there is something missing. Not enough steely-eyed?!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I would support him in the role but there is something missing. Not enough steely-eyed?!

Swee Pea isn t steely-eyed. He is a good actor, he could nail it.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    James is screentest material.
    Clive Standen as 007 thoughts?
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Clive Standen as 007 thoughts?

He was great in Vikings, but he's just aged out, imo. For Bond potentials of a similar type but still in their thirties I'd point to Oliver Jackson-Cohen and Tom Bateman - big, beefy types who could perhaps do with a good 'awards quality' role to make them look like good successors to Daniel Craig.
    I would support him in the role but there is something missing. Not enough steely-eyed?!

No one would have ever accused Henry Fonda of having steely eyes but no one has ever given a colder look than he did in Once Upon A Time InnThe West. I’ve seen moments where Hoult shows the same potential.

• JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier

He looks like Chucky from Childs Play, albeit dressed in a suit.

Good grief…. Eye Roll 🙄
  • Hilarious. Accurate. Uncalled for.
    Obviously in a caricature type of way. Chucky 3 movie poster to be exact. Like other members have said, still a boyish baby face, not the type that fits Bond. Haven't we learned anything from Young Hercules or Young Indiana Jones?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2021 Posts: 14,961

No, not really.

It's not hard to guess who's going to be setting up the next incarnation of the 'craignotbond' website... ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The thing is, it's very hard to tick off all of the things we associate with being James Bond, for any actor coming into the role. That's not saying we should settle for second best, but it's almost impossible to find the perfect OO7.
    Connery and Dalton are possibly the only two actors who've come closest to fitting the role as many of us perceive that image. When Daniel Craig was announced as Bond there was the major divide between fans as to whether he was the right actor for the role. And after five films I'd say he's shown all that he was a great Bond. (Obviously not all feel that way) Throughout their tenure as James Bond, all the actors have shown they're OO7, each in their own way. So casting the next Bond should be no different. That actor might not cover all the bases right now. But give them a chance to prove themselves, and we might be surprised with the outcome. Of course, you can't please everyone. ;)
    how is 40 too old? nearly all actors were late 30's to mid 40's when cast

I don't feel Fassbender Hardy and Standen are aged out yet... in 3 years hardy and Fassbender will be too old and in 6 years Standen will be to old but not now.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Houlton is growing into it.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Jackson cohen was good in "invesible man".
    Obviously in a caricature type of way. Chucky 3 movie poster to be exact. Like other members have said, still a boyish baby face, not the type that fits Bond. Haven't we learned anything from Young Hercules or Young Indiana Jones?

Maybe of they adapt James Bond Jr?
  • Hoult is 31/32, and going to be starring in Mad Max 2 and two Mission Impossible movies (maybe as the villain) releasing in 2023.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,980
    Hoult is 31/32, and going to be starring in Mad Max 2 and two Mission Impossible movies (maybe as the villain) releasing in 2023.

Hasn’t he dropped out of MI ?

“ edit”. Yep

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2020/film/news/mission-impossible-7-esai-morales-nicholas-hoult-1234613115/amp/
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Hoult is 31/32, and going to be starring in Mad Max 2 and two Mission Impossible movies (maybe as the villain) releasing in 2023.
    These weren't on my radar @DewiWynBond. I don't think Hoult is linked to the former.

Pre-production.
    Furiosa (2024), George Miller. Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12037194/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_8
    The origin story of renegade warrior Furiosa before she teamed up with Mad Max in 'Fury Road'.

Announced.
    Untitled Mad Max Project (The Wasteland), George Miller. Tom Hardy.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4575512/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_7
    Sequel to the film "Mad Max: Fury Road".

• talos7 wrote: »

“ edit”. Yep

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2020/film/news/mission-impossible-7-esai-morales-nicholas-hoult-1234613115/amp/

Ah right, ok. That villain guy from Ozarks will be better. I always thought Jason Bateman had a Bond vibe about him in that series.
    talos7 wrote: »

“ edit”. Yep

Ah right, ok. That villain guy from Ozarks will be better. I always thought Jason Bateman had a Bond vibe about him in that series.

Last night I just started watching Ozarks .

• peterpeter Toronto

“ edit”. Yep

Last night I just started watching Ozarks .

Enjoy @talos7 .... It's a great series filled with gut-churning tension.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Bateman is good suggestion.
  • MSL49 wrote: »
    Bateman is good suggestion.

I think I prefer Tom Bateman to Jason Bateman right now.
    How about a change of direction with Patrick Bateman?
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Tom is good.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    You mean Matt Smith? Interesting idea.

american_psycho.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

american_psycho.jpg
    Matt Smith as James Bond in YOU AXED FOR IT.