NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - First Reactions vs. Current Reactions

1182183185187188298

Comments

  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,343
    00Heaven wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Grace was supposed to reprise her role of May Day. They wanted to show her in Jamaica as a crime boss and Bond's friend.

    @NickTwentyTwo Yes I believe Nomi was following Leiter because the CIA was already in advantage regarding the kidnap of Valdo and once Felix landed in Jamaica she figured it out Felix wanted to ask Bond's help so then she goes to Bond as a professional courtesy in order to show him how good and cool she is.

    The big question is: why Swann feels safe at her cabin? Why she comes back there since Safin knows that location?

    Yes. Thank you for bringing this up.
    This undermines the entire 3rd act for me... NO reason at all for her to go somewhere (with her child...) known to Safin, and therefore Logan Ash.
    I know they wanted to 'repeat Maddy's history' by having Swann, Mathilde and Bond in the SAME cabin, thus showing Swann's repeat of her mothers' mistake ("is that what you like, Madeleine, assasins?!" ... but for heaven's sake. It destroys the plot.

    It might be a stretch but the only reason I can came up with is that Swann thought Safin came to her just to ask her the favor in return, since she was the only one able to confront Blofeld in person achieving his personal goal to wipe out SPECTRE. Then, she came back to the cabin knowing Bond would've followed her, and protect her, since she told him about "home" back when they were together. Going "home" aka the cabin was their plan after leaving Matera.

    I think my only problem with this is that Safin threatens "the person she loves" i.e. Mathilde if she doesn't do it... Then when Bond touches her hand in Belmarsh she leaves and says she's going home as you say...

    She then asks Bond in Norway if Blofeld is dead or not so it really is a bit of a silly decision if she had no idea whether she'd done exactly as Safin asked or not.

    Yes... she definitely made a very risky call hiding in Norway waiting for Bond to show up there. As far as she knew Safin could've arrived first since she wasn't aware of Blofeld's fate at that point.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,524
    Minion wrote: »
    @4EverBonded has No Time For French

    hahaha! ;) No time for subtitles either! (I do love the sound of French and wish I could speak it. And other languages.)

    I speak and understand English and Dutch; I used to speak French rather well, but now I merely understand it. My French speaking skills have turned a bit rusty.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited November 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Another little plot hole I noticed is that Blofeld, speaking about Swann, tells Bond: She's very good at hiding things, you said it yourself. How the hell Blofeld knew that? Bond literally said that to M the very same day...
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    @4EverBonded has No Time For French

    hahaha! ;) No time for subtitles either! (I do love the sound of French and wish I could speak it. And other languages.)

    I speak and understand English and Dutch; I used to speak French rather well, but now I merely understand it. My French speaking skills have turned a bit rusty.

    An educated guess then, are you Flemish, Dimitri ?
  • That bothered me too about Madeleine returning to Norway - especially in light of White saying in SP that "You won't find her. She's smarter than me. She knows how to hide." But I think that it says a lot about Madeleine. She needed a place for Bond to find her and so chose what he knew before he even knew the truth about what happened. So she already forgave him because she understands who he is as she says when he shows up.

    However, the whole thing is a bit of a plot hole. How did she manage to keep Mathilde a secret from everyone but the villains?


    On another note, I noticed from another viewing last night that when Bond enters the party in Cuba that many of the Spectre agents are watching him walk by (as opposed to not watching Paloma). Some of them smirking. They were expecting him. Nice touch as it clears up "how did Bond just walk into this party" that I've read and heard since the movie came out.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,524
    AceHole wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    @4EverBonded has No Time For French

    hahaha! ;) No time for subtitles either! (I do love the sound of French and wish I could speak it. And other languages.)

    I speak and understand English and Dutch; I used to speak French rather well, but now I merely understand it. My French speaking skills have turned a bit rusty.

    An educated guess then, are you Flemish, Dimitri ?

    Yes, sir, indeed I am.
  • DavidWebbDavidWebb Somewhere
    edited November 2021 Posts: 20
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    @4EverBonded has No Time For French

    hahaha! ;) No time for subtitles either! (I do love the sound of French and wish I could speak it. And other languages.)

    I speak and understand English and Dutch; I used to speak French rather well, but now I merely understand it. My French speaking skills have turned a bit rusty.

    An educated guess then, are you Flemish, Dimitri ?

    Yes, sir, indeed I am.

    Woont u in of nabij Vlaanderen?
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Posts: 1,351
    BlondeBond wrote: »
    That bothered me too about Madeleine returning to Norway - especially in light of White saying in SP that "You won't find her. She's smarter than me. She knows how to hide." But I think that it says a lot about Madeleine. She needed a place for Bond to find her and so chose what he knew before he even knew the truth about what happened. So she already forgave him because she understands who he is as she says when he shows up.

    However, the whole thing is a bit of a plot hole. How did she manage to keep Mathilde a secret from everyone but the villains?


    On another note, I noticed from another viewing last night that when Bond enters the party in Cuba that many of the Spectre agents are watching him walk by (as opposed to not watching Paloma). Some of them smirking. They were expecting him. Nice touch as it clears up "how did Bond just walk into this party" that I've read and heard since the movie came out.

    But that then opens up the question how Blofeld had this all planned, when it was Ash - who isn’t working for Blofeld - through Leiter who got Bond to Cuba and to the party. Primo is in Jamaica, so they knew he was coming but only with like a day of advance notice.
    My headcanon is that originally they just sent Primo to get some DNA off of Bond and the plan for the party was that all of SPECTRE would ceremoniously infect themselves with the virus targeted at Bond that would find and kill him at some point and then the target just strolled into the party, which is an insane coincidence.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,727
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    @4EverBonded has No Time For French

    hahaha! ;) No time for subtitles either! (I do love the sound of French and wish I could speak it. And other languages.)

    I speak and understand English and Dutch; I used to speak French rather well, but now I merely understand it. My French speaking skills have turned a bit rusty.

    An educated guess then, are you Flemish, Dimitri ?

    Yes, sir, indeed I am.

    Schot in de roos, dan!


    Back to this thread then:

    I saw NTTD for the 2nd time - this time in IMAX (first time was standard format, 4K laser) - last week during a day off from work on the Brussels IMAX screen - in a completely empty IMAX cinema....
    So it was just me and the gigantic film in front of me, quite an eerie experience...

    NTTD does come alive better in IMAX, I must say. The PTS, in particular Matera, is stunning. The audio in IMAX also heightens the quality of the whole story, and what struck me this time is that the colour-palette is very similar to Beasts Of No Nation, especially in the Matera, Jamaica and Cuba sequences.
    Fukanaga downplays the vividness after that for London, Norway, Finale, I find. I assume that is intentional.

    I agree that the use of French for Madeleine & her mother's scenes immediately stands out - the whole set, use of props, the way it's shot - it feels almost arthouse, in a way.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,554
    AceHole wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Grace was supposed to reprise her role of May Day. They wanted to show her in Jamaica as a crime boss and Bond's friend.

    @NickTwentyTwo Yes I believe Nomi was following Leiter because the CIA was already in advantage regarding the kidnap of Valdo and once Felix landed in Jamaica she figured it out Felix wanted to ask Bond's help so then she goes to Bond as a professional courtesy in order to show him how good and cool she is.

    The big question is: why Swann feels safe at her cabin? Why she comes back there since Safin knows that location?

    Yes. Thank you for bringing this up.
    This undermines the entire 3rd act for me... NO reason at all for her to go somewhere (with her child...) known to Safin, and therefore Logan Ash.
    I know they wanted to 'repeat Maddy's history' by having Swann, Mathilde and Bond in the SAME cabin, thus showing Swann's repeat of her mothers' mistake ("is that what you like, Madeleine, assasins?!" ... but for heaven's sake. It destroys the plot.

    Actually, it doesn't.

    Madeleine went there to (hopefully) meet Bond. At that point, she had no idea that Safin had a master plan, knew nothing about Ash; she only knew Safin wanted Blofeld dead.

    My guess is that had Bond not arrived by the next morning, she would have left.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited November 2021 Posts: 4,343
    BlondeBond wrote: »
    That bothered me too about Madeleine returning to Norway - especially in light of White saying in SP that "You won't find her. She's smarter than me. She knows how to hide." But I think that it says a lot about Madeleine. She needed a place for Bond to find her and so chose what he knew before he even knew the truth about what happened. So she already forgave him because she understands who he is as she says when he shows up.

    However, the whole thing is a bit of a plot hole. How did she manage to keep Mathilde a secret from everyone but the villains?

    The fact that MI6 doesn't know about Mathilde, and the fact that Mathilde doesn't use English (even if she understand it) as her first language makes me wonder if Swann kept her in Norway and not in London... perhaps someone takes care of her while Swann is in London. That would explain why Swann goes to Norway.
    She wasn't going there for hiding but to stay with her daughter, waiting for Bond in order to tell him the truth about Safin and showing him the informations that MI6 needed to track him down.
    TripAces wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Grace was supposed to reprise her role of May Day. They wanted to show her in Jamaica as a crime boss and Bond's friend.

    @NickTwentyTwo Yes I believe Nomi was following Leiter because the CIA was already in advantage regarding the kidnap of Valdo and once Felix landed in Jamaica she figured it out Felix wanted to ask Bond's help so then she goes to Bond as a professional courtesy in order to show him how good and cool she is.

    The big question is: why Swann feels safe at her cabin? Why she comes back there since Safin knows that location?

    Yes. Thank you for bringing this up.
    This undermines the entire 3rd act for me... NO reason at all for her to go somewhere (with her child...) known to Safin, and therefore Logan Ash.
    I know they wanted to 'repeat Maddy's history' by having Swann, Mathilde and Bond in the SAME cabin, thus showing Swann's repeat of her mothers' mistake ("is that what you like, Madeleine, assasins?!" ... but for heaven's sake. It destroys the plot.

    My guess is that had Bond not arrived by the next morning, she would have left.

    Yes I agree.
    BlondeBond wrote: »
    That bothered me too about Madeleine returning to Norway - especially in light of White saying in SP that "You won't find her. She's smarter than me. She knows how to hide." But I think that it says a lot about Madeleine. She needed a place for Bond to find her and so chose what he knew before he even knew the truth about what happened. So she already forgave him because she understands who he is as she says when he shows up.

    However, the whole thing is a bit of a plot hole. How did she manage to keep Mathilde a secret from everyone but the villains?


    On another note, I noticed from another viewing last night that when Bond enters the party in Cuba that many of the Spectre agents are watching him walk by (as opposed to not watching Paloma). Some of them smirking. They were expecting him. Nice touch as it clears up "how did Bond just walk into this party" that I've read and heard since the movie came out.

    But that then opens up the question how Blofeld had this all planned, when it was Ash - who isn’t working for Blofeld - through Leiter who got Bond to Cuba and to the party. Primo is in Jamaica, so they knew he was coming but only with like a day of advance notice.
    My headcanon is that originally they just sent Primo to get some DNA off of Bond and the plan for the party was that all of SPECTRE would ceremoniously infect themselves with the virus targeted at Bond that would find and kill him at some point and then the target just strolled into the party, which is an insane coincidence.

    Ash was likely responsible for SPECTRE knowing that Bond would've come.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Posts: 1,165
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    @4EverBonded has No Time For French

    hahaha! ;) No time for subtitles either! (I do love the sound of French and wish I could speak it. And other languages.)

    I speak and understand English and Dutch; I used to speak French rather well, but now I merely understand it. My French speaking skills have turned a bit rusty.

    An educated guess then, are you Flemish, Dimitri ?

    Yes, sir, indeed I am.
    Cheers! The other day I watched Daughters of Darkness, which is to my knowledge the only Flemish horror movie. If there are others, please let me know! :D
  • matt_u wrote: »
    BlondeBond wrote: »
    That bothered me too about Madeleine returning to Norway - especially in light of White saying in SP that "You won't find her. She's smarter than me. She knows how to hide." But I think that it says a lot about Madeleine. She needed a place for Bond to find her and so chose what he knew before he even knew the truth about what happened. So she already forgave him because she understands who he is as she says when he shows up.

    However, the whole thing is a bit of a plot hole. How did she manage to keep Mathilde a secret from everyone but the villains?

    The fact that MI6 doesn't know about Mathilde, and the fact that Mathilde doesn't use English (even if she understand it) as her first language makes me wonder if Swann kept her in Norway and not in London... perhaps someone takes care of her while Swann is in London. That would explain why Swann goes to Norway.
    She wasn't going there for hiding but to stay with her daughter, waiting for Bond in order to tell him the truth about Safin and showing him the informations that MI6 needed to track him down.

    Yes, I too wondered if she has a caretaker of some sort. She would have to even if she took Mathilde to London while she works.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,524
    DavidWebb wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    @4EverBonded has No Time For French

    hahaha! ;) No time for subtitles either! (I do love the sound of French and wish I could speak it. And other languages.)

    I speak and understand English and Dutch; I used to speak French rather well, but now I merely understand it. My French speaking skills have turned a bit rusty.

    An educated guess then, are you Flemish, Dimitri ?

    Yes, sir, indeed I am.

    Woont u in of nabij Vlaanderen?

    @DavidWebb
    I live in Flanders, between Leuven and Mechelen. Heart of our region so to speak. ;-)
    Minion wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    @4EverBonded has No Time For French

    hahaha! ;) No time for subtitles either! (I do love the sound of French and wish I could speak it. And other languages.)

    I speak and understand English and Dutch; I used to speak French rather well, but now I merely understand it. My French speaking skills have turned a bit rusty.

    An educated guess then, are you Flemish, Dimitri ?

    Yes, sir, indeed I am.
    Cheers! The other day I watched Daughters of Darkness, which is to my knowledge the only Flemish horror movie. If there are others, please let me know! :D

    @Minion
    Some obscure trash has been produced, but yes, DOD is a bonafide classic. It's a deliciously wacky erotic vampire film from the '70s, and one I love dearly.
    BlondeBond wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    BlondeBond wrote: »
    That bothered me too about Madeleine returning to Norway - especially in light of White saying in SP that "You won't find her. She's smarter than me. She knows how to hide." But I think that it says a lot about Madeleine. She needed a place for Bond to find her and so chose what he knew before he even knew the truth about what happened. So she already forgave him because she understands who he is as she says when he shows up.

    However, the whole thing is a bit of a plot hole. How did she manage to keep Mathilde a secret from everyone but the villains?

    The fact that MI6 doesn't know about Mathilde, and the fact that Mathilde doesn't use English (even if she understand it) as her first language makes me wonder if Swann kept her in Norway and not in London... perhaps someone takes care of her while Swann is in London. That would explain why Swann goes to Norway.
    She wasn't going there for hiding but to stay with her daughter, waiting for Bond in order to tell him the truth about Safin and showing him the informations that MI6 needed to track him down.

    Yes, I too wondered if she has a caretaker of some sort. She would have to even if she took Mathilde to London while she works.

    I wondered about that too.

    I love that we are even discussing the fact that this film opens in French. I guess Brosnan's last film opened in a foreign language too. And so did Moore's. Interesting. Not Connery's, though, that is, unless you include NSNA.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,554
    A little bit of a goof in that Norway house sequence, though it can be explained:

    When Bond arrives at Madeleine's house, he parks the Aston Martin at a gate, away from the house, and walks from there.

    The next day, when the three hurriedly leave, we see the Aston Martin parked at the house.

    I suppose Bond could have re-parked, and maybe that's where he got the white henley?
  • TripAces wrote: »
    A little bit of a goof in that Norway house sequence, though it can be explained:

    When Bond arrives at Madeleine's house, he parks the Aston Martin at a gate, away from the house, and walks from there.

    The next day, when the three hurriedly leave, we see the Aston Martin parked at the house.

    I suppose Bond could have re-parked, and maybe that's where he got the white henley?

    Oh, I loved that tiny detail and didn't view it as a goof. He's moved in. Lol
  • BlondeBond wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    A little bit of a goof in that Norway house sequence, though it can be explained:

    When Bond arrives at Madeleine's house, he parks the Aston Martin at a gate, away from the house, and walks from there.

    The next day, when the three hurriedly leave, we see the Aston Martin parked at the house.

    I suppose Bond could have re-parked, and maybe that's where he got the white henley?

    Oh, I loved that tiny detail and didn't view it as a goof. He's moved in. Lol

    Also, it's interesting that in Matera, Bond tells Madeleine that he's going to come back for breakfast after visiting Vesper's grave (so they can have a future). The next time they are back together, he's making breakfast. lol
  • The Craig era is done. Dusted. Finished. Completed. The last 5 films have been an exercise in attrition. It certainly hasn't been the Bond I love and like. Each Craig film seems to have just become more draining and exhausting. No Time to Die is no different.

    The villain's plot is essentially a reworked remake of the horse sub-plot of A View To A Kill. I found it lacklustre and backseat to what was going on in Bond. The villain didn't add anything memorable and certainly was very poor.

    Bond is the main attraction here - the second part of the movie from when Swan reemerges is the Craig era in a nutshell. Did I like it? No. Was I surprised? No. Did the ending catch me by surprise? Yes. I didn't expect it. And I'll be honest: I was angry and upset that the Producers did it. That was my gut reaction at the time. But in all honesty, upon reflection, I am relieved. The Craig experiment is done. The story arc is finished. James Bond will return but it won't be like Craig's Bond. Story arcs aren't ruled out for future Bonds. I just think this style is done. I'm thankful for it as for me it is too much of a departure. I'm relieved as for me, Ive never considered Craig's Bond the same Bond of Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan. The ending confirmed it for me. The Craig era is a different timeline to the first 20 movies. The next Bond will hopefully be of the same flavour of the first 20 movies.

    I think this because Producers gave us plenty of clues and links to Bond's past. OHMSS features heavily (I wasn't a fan of it being included here - Swan is no Tracy!) And inclusion of TLD Aston Martin nods to Dalton. The portrait of Robert Brown, though seen briefly, was reassuring and a message from Producers that the films of the past still matter to Bond's future.

    After spending last 5 days watching Craig era, I am going to watch TSWLM. Why? BecauE after NTTD, I need a comforting Bond movie to contrast that ending. To give hope. Nobody does it better. I hope Bond Nunber 7 does it better than Craig at least.
  • Posts: 1,001
    After spending last 5 days watching Craig era, I am going to watch TSWLM. Why? BecauE after NTTD, I need a comforting Bond movie to contrast that ending. To give hope. Nobody does it better. I hope Bond Nunber 7 does it better than Craig at least.

    I felt fed up too, and I watched TWINE. And it's certainly not one of my faves, but I craved that 'old Bond' comfort.
    The thing is, we still have TWINE and TSWLM, and although I'm a Dad/Dead Bond skeptic, I can also see they couldn't really carry on remaking the same type of film, could they?
    It is a pretty darn intense movie. We've got the best of both worlds now, it could be said.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Posts: 1,351
    On first viewing I somehow just assumed that Mathilde lived at that house full-time, because it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that she is a big secret, but just lives at her mother’s place in London? However, that would reframe Madeleine quite a bit. Having her daughter live in the house where her own mother was killed and going off for presumably long stretches of time to in some way help (she’s his therapist, not an interrogator) the criminal mastermind who is responsible for a large number of traumata in her life is slightly deranged, I would say.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,343
    On first viewing I somehow just assumed that Mathilde lived at that house full-time, because it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that she is a big secret, but just lives at her mother’s place in London? However, that would reframe Madeleine quite a bit. Having her daughter live in the house where her own mother was killed and going off for presumably long stretches of time to in some way help (she’s his therapist, not an interrogator) the criminal mastermind who is responsible for a large number of traumata in her life is slightly deranged, I would say.

    Well, she is still the daughter of an assassin being in love with another assassin...
  • Posts: 372
    I read often here "time to go back to the old style and single missions". I doubt it will happen. That Bond era is long gone, it died with DAD 20 years back.

    Bond always evolved with the times. Remember the jump at the beginning of Goldeneye? It's only there because at the time, base jump was the rage. In fact, it looked ridiculous because people were going "they try to keep Bond relevant using the last fad of extreme sport", but that is the Bond saga ever since the 70's to you, when Roger Moore did a Blaxploitation Bond, then a Hong-Kong kung fu Bond.

    So something different will come next.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,165
    To me, Madeleine returning to the Norway cottage doesn't strike me as a plothole. I also assumed Mathilde lived in that house fulltime as well, so Madeleine rushed there knowing Safin was back in the game and a threat to her family. It might also stand to reason she either assumed Bond would track them down there with her clue of 'home' or it would be the site of her last stand against Safin if it came to that.
  • Stamper wrote: »
    I read often here "time to go back to the old style and single missions". I doubt it will happen. That Bond era is long gone, it died with DAD 20 years back.

    Bond always evolved with the times. Remember the jump at the beginning of Goldeneye? It's only there because at the time, base jump was the rage. In fact, it looked ridiculous because people were going "they try to keep Bond relevant using the last fad of extreme sport", but that is the Bond saga ever since the 70's to you, when Roger Moore did a Blaxploitation Bond, then a Hong-Kong kung fu Bond.

    So something different will come next.

    But in the same breath, surely the Craig era and the style of the Craig era is now dead and long gone? It can't carry on as it is in the same way and manner? The Producers acknowledge that hence the ending of NTTD
  • One thing I think Producers should have done was end the film similar to OHMSS I.e. play the Bond theme and have James Bond will return straight away.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Posts: 1,165
    One thing I think Producers should have done was end the film similar to OHMSS I.e. play the Bond theme and have James Bond will return straight away.

    Thank God they didn't. That jarring transition is the single worst aspect of OHMSS.
  • Minion wrote: »
    One thing I think Producers should have done was end the film similar to OHMSS I.e. play the Bond theme and have James Bond will return straight away.

    Thank God they didn't. That jarring transition is the single worst aspect of OHMSS.

    I think it was the right thing to do. The World carries on. Bond carries on. NTTD just was too much cheese at the end with Louis Armstrong.
  • Posts: 372
    I'm certain big surprises are coming next. What, they probably are discussing casting Daniel Radcliffe as James Bond, a good way to get the younger bums in seats.
    Or, they will go the plastic surgery route and follow the current story.
    Or Kathleen Kennedy will steps in as the new producer, and make one film a year.
    Or, Matthew Vaughn finally direct a James Bond!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Posts: 5,949
    Stamper wrote: »
    I read often here "time to go back to the old style and single missions". I doubt it will happen. That Bond era is long gone, it died with DAD 20 years back.

    Bond always evolved with the times. Remember the jump at the beginning of Goldeneye? It's only there because at the time, base jump was the rage. In fact, it looked ridiculous because people were going "they try to keep Bond relevant using the last fad of extreme sport", but that is the Bond saga ever since the 70's to you, when Roger Moore did a Blaxploitation Bond, then a Hong-Kong kung fu Bond.

    So something different will come next.

    Good points. I know some fans get mad that each Bond film co-opts existing trends, at least since 1973.

    But the willingness of the films to evolve to fit the times, well, that's kind of what keeps the franchise alive. A hermetically sealed "Bond world" might have died off decades ago.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,449
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them take it back to the past and do some period pieces or something similar for the next era.
Sign In or Register to comment.