No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Biggest IMAX in the world set to open in Germany for NTTD:

https://deadline.com/2021/09/james-bond-no-time-die-germany-biggest-imax-world-1234844862/
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the Gunbarrel and Title sequence in NTTD.

I'm eager to see if we finally get a traditional, no fluff gunbarrel right at the beginning or not. I hope the title sequence rocks.

Honestly. I hope so too. We're almost there :)>-
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    antovolk wrote: »
    Official anti spoiler campaign starting -

Right so if they've officially endorsed this hashtag there's clearly stuff in this movie that requires it not to be spoilt, moreso than maybe since M's death in Skyfall.
  • Jordo007 wrote: »

Thanks mate, it's such a simple idea but it makes for a really good advert

Was thinking the same thing - it's a brilliant ad. Simple idea, very well executed.
    mtm wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    It's great to see Daniel so relaxed and at ease during these interviews

Yeah he was, I think, the only one really of interest on Graham Norton the other night and actually had to help out the other cast members at times. The rest of them are a bit of a dull bunch in interviews, to be honest, and it certainly felt like they hadn't seen each other in a couple of years! :)

I've only just quickly had a look at the start of the show but will enjoy it later.

I've said before, though, that I think Naomie Harris is the best ambassador the series has had in ages. I feel like her presence always helps - she has a wonderful easy chemistry with everyone, and is unflagging in her optimism. I think she also, crucially, has that good old-fashioned sense of 'salesmanship.' She's not too proud to put on a smile and do a bit of hurdy-gurdy work for the cameras, and help gin up some excitement for the films. I respect that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,930
    octofinger wrote: »
    I've said before, though, that I think Naomie Harris is the best ambassador the series has had in ages. I feel like her presence always helps - she has a wonderful easy chemistry with everyone, and is unflagging in her optimism. I think she also, crucially, has that good old-fashioned sense of 'salesmanship.' She's not too proud to put on a smile and do a bit of hurdy-gurdy work for the cameras, and help gin up some excitement for the films. I respect that.

Yes I think Ms Harris would have really helped on Norton; she's much more bubbly and fun. A couple of the Bond team almost looked actively pissed off by the whole thing.
    Not Craig though, he was great.
  • matt_u wrote: »
    C_Royale wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Wait what?

Segura..?

As I feared, it looks like NTTD will cause a plot hole within what was established in SP, where Swann said her parents divorced.

maybe she shoots her mother on accident - hence the "something happens. its horrible" and the "i hate guns" quote from SP

In SP White said “she left” and Swann said to James “he kept coming back even after the divorce”.
    yeah but i thought maybe they use it as an equivalent to something they don't want to talk about. let's see. not much time left LOL
    There is an irony that the more they try to avoid spoilers, the more it sends the message that something big happens AND that knowing this could really spoil things and possibly reduce revenue. I cant remember such concern with SF and, therefore, the climax for many was genuinely unforseen and emotionally engaging. The danger is, as the story unfolds, we are now looking for the big twist or shock rather than just letting things happen.

Haven't seen this one before
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Nor I, @MattiaDeVarti007, thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to that scene in M's office, I'm sure it'll be infinitely better than that C meet-up in SP.
    So do I and must admit from a sartorial point of view I have a penchant for that suit specifically. All the M's meeting scenes and visiting Bolfeld in jail will be extremely interesting and witty I think.
    Now up to @Contraband to find the larger version. Cause I think it's cut
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Daniel Kleinman returns to BOND for the 8th time with No Time To Die… and it’s *finally* out on Thursday, so you can see Daniel’s title sequence on the big screen. Will there be shooting? Will there be blood? Will there be VFX? Will there be flames? Will there be mystery? Will there be… *gulp*… the gun barrel sequence? All will be revealed.

If we showed you anything before it’s out, we’d have to kill you. So, we’ll take the option with no prison time and do a little revisit of the previous ones and surrounding activations throughout the week. Let’s start with a little something from the man himself. Click the link in our bio to find out Daniel’s top 5 Bond title sequences ever (incl. Binder & Brownjohn), over on 007.com.

Daniel's Top 5:

https://www.007.com/daniel-kleinmans-top-five-title-sequences/?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-rattlingstick&utm_content=later-20916125&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio

New dhl vlog coming soon. Pinewood:

patb wrote: »
    There is an irony that the more they try to avoid spoilers, the more it sends the message that something big happens AND that knowing this could really spoil things and possibly reduce revenue. I cant remember such concern with SF and, therefore, the climax for many was genuinely unforseen and emotionally engaging. The danger is, as the story unfolds, we are now looking for the big twist or shock rather than just letting things happen.

That's really one of the ways discourse has changed in the years since SP...really every major movie is making 'spoilers' and avoidance thereof as a marketing tool
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 207
    Contraband wrote: »
    Daniel Kleinman returns to BOND for the 8th time with No Time To Die… and it’s *finally* out on Thursday, so you can see Daniel’s title sequence on the big screen. Will there be shooting? Will there be blood? Will there be VFX? Will there be flames? Will there be mystery? Will there be… *gulp*… the gun barrel sequence? All will be revealed.

If we showed you anything before it’s out, we’d have to kill you. So, we’ll take the option with no prison time and do a little revisit of the previous ones and surrounding activations throughout the week. Let’s start with a little something from the man himself. Click the link in our bio to find out Daniel’s top 5 Bond title sequences ever (incl. Binder & Brownjohn), over on 007.com.

Daniel's Top 5:

https://www.007.com/daniel-kleinmans-top-five-title-sequences/?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-rattlingstick&utm_content=later-20916125&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

I’ve always loved the title sequence for OHMSS.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zbnd8hv

The world’s most famous spy is back on the big screen as the 25th James Bond film is released in cinemas.

Six years after Spectre, No Time To Die is in cinemas from 30 September and sees Daniel Craig play 007 for the final time.

But how much do you know about Bond and other fictional spies from books, TV, films and games?

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to take our quiz and find out!
    Switch out OHMSS for TSWLM and I've got the same top 5 as Kleinman.

Glad he included his own superb CR and SF titles which are honestly among the most incredible title sequences for any film.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 2021 Posts: 469
    For the clapperboard fans, here's a cap of the DHL clapperboard at the very start. From the thumbnail, you can tell it says 108, but in the actual video it's pretty blurry.
    unknown.png
    nomi_balcony_clapboard_Moment.jpg

Daniel's Top 5:

Wow...... I am soooo old school. I don't care about any of that. Will there be sexy girl silhouettes?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I love that Q's injection gun appears to be inspired by the gun shape from the 007 logo! :D
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    How could they miss calling it 'Goodbye Mr Bond'?

(Also, how come that hasn't been the title for every Craig interview this time? :D )
  • Boy, the media sure is picking up!
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 313
    vlcsnap-2021-09-27-20h19m17s520.png

Look at this pic from the clip
    the monitor seems to show a blueprint for Safin's lair
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Is that lady a German TV interviewer ?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

(Also, how come that hasn't been the title for every Craig interview this time? :D )

Well, in a way it’s a little call back to Blofeld’s line towards the end of Spectre.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2021 Posts: 7,526
    Minion wrote: »

Well, in a way it’s a little call back to Blofeld’s line towards the end of Spectre.

That's what I was thinking as well.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Is there anyone on this forum going to the premiere tomorrow?
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,018
    Highlights from Bafta evening A life in Pictures

Daniel Craig talks Edith Bowman through his remarkable career in television, theatre and film, including the 2004's Layer Cake, the potential for further Knives Out films, as well as his final appearance as James Bond in the upcoming No Time To Die, directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga.