No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Correct, 12.01am UK on Wednesday (so tonight)
  • Guys, a new James Bond movie is premiering TONIGHT. This is it. This is what we all live for (okay, not literally, but you know what I mean). Enjoy every minute of the hype!
    Guys, a new James Bond movie is premiering TONIGHT. This is it. This is what we all live for (okay, not literally, but you know what I mean). Enjoy every minute of the hype!

What an incredible feeling. We've (hopefully) made it through this extremely dark chapter and now we can witness this long-delayed event. I'm so excited.
  • ertert wrote: »
    Guys, a new James Bond movie is premiering TONIGHT. This is it. This is what we all live for (okay, not literally, but you know what I mean). Enjoy every minute of the hype!

What an incredible feeling. We've (hopefully) made it through this extremely dark chapter and now we can witness this long-delayed event. I'm so excited.

Same here! Considering all the delays and everything the world has been through, I doubt any Bond movie for the rest of our lives is going to feel as sweet as this one.
    Throw all my hype into the ring! The wait has been EXCRUCIATING and seemingly felt never-ending at times, but we're here. I'm eagerly awaiting reviews today (in the US), hoping hard this will be a rebound from SP's disappointing third act and be a great all-around classic to send the Bond of my time, Daniel Craig, off in style.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,861
    There will be a load of non-professional people going to the premiere tonight and coming out very excited because they've had a big evening and going onto Twitter to say "IT'S THE BEST BOND EVVVEEEERRR!!!" though, so maybe be mindful that it will be slightly over-hyped by those guys :)

Also, don't be jealous of them: there are no more Bond films left for them to see, whereas we've still got a whole one to look forward to :)
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Signing out from AUS over here gents, currently 10:30PM. I shall wake up tomorrow to a 25 film series. Praying for us all that it rocks everyone's socks off at the premiere. Hoping to wake up to some good first reactions from insiders not tied up by the embargo.

LETS GO!
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,247
    Would be really nice if Lazenby, Dalton and Brosnan, all come out to support Craig tonight. With Connery and Moore smiling down at the premiere tonight.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    Hey guys I'm gonna disappear for 44 days. I might check back in the non- spoiler section but not sure yet. I'm gonna wake back up at 2:30am for the premiere. These fantastic experiences don't come around all that often and it would be a shame to waste it.
    I know I'm gonna love this movie an incredible amount. It's been a long Journey and this site has helped vent our frustrations for delays and excitement for DCs last adventure and in a few hours all the anticipation will pay off. I hope you all stay well and enjoy this movie in whatever fashion you choose to see it.
    You all deserve an enjoyable final adventure.
    Peace out.
  • silva13 wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm gonna disappear for 44 days. I might check back in the non- spoiler section but not sure yet. I'm gonna wake back up at 2:30am for the premiere. These fantastic experiences don't come around all that often and it would be a shame to waste it.
    I know I'm gonna love this movie an incredible amount. It's been a long Journey and this site has helped vent our frustrations for delays and excitement for DCs last adventure and in a few hours all the anticipation will pay off. I hope you all stay well and enjoy this movie in whatever fashion you choose to see it.
    You all deserve an enjoyable final adventure.
    Peace out.

I'm sorry for the extra wait you have to endure, @silva13 I know it's agonizing just having to wait an extra week here in the States, so I can't imagine the frustration you're feeling. But there must be some...ahem...quantum of solace knowing that the film is officially being released and you'll get to see it sooner rather than later. I hope it's everything you hoped for.
  • Bad_TigerBad_Tiger Somewhere over Kansas
    As we head down the home stretch, and knowing what we know thus far (however much or little that is), what are your hopes and fears? Here's mine:

Looking forward to:
    - Sandgren's glossy, colorful cinematography
    - What looks to be a fully engaged performance by Craig
    - More balanced mix of seriousness and humor
    - The possibility of at least some of SPECTRE's story and character shortcomings being mitigated
    - A suitably world-threatening villainous plot
    - More robust action and pacing than the previous few entries
    - Seeing how Zimmer's score (and the theme song) integrates with the film
    - What look to be more surrealistic, YOLT-style touches (from both the novel and film)
    - Potential for an emotional, gut-wrenching end to Craig's run

Worried about:
    - Too much over-the-top action? (The amount of machine gun fire reminds me of the Brosnan years)
    - Dodgy CGI, which some have already remarked upon (although it'll also bring back fond memories of bad F/X from the early Bond movies)
    - Will Fukanaga and the writers stick the landing on the film's "family" themes and plot developments, or will it come off as ham-fisted?
    - Will we see the sad demise of some familiar characters? And will these moments be earned, or just thrown in for shock value?
    - Safin: Malek is a fine actor, but based on the snippets we've seen, his role could easily tip into panto territory
    - Some overused character and story beats (e.g., Bond and kick-ass female agent taking out the enemy's hideaway by themselves, yet another traitorous agent in the mix, Bond leaving the service -- again!)
    Wishing everyone in the U.K. who happens to be going to the premiere well! Hope you have a wonderful time!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It feels amazing to be here at last. I hope everyone who gets to see the film tonight and in the next couple of days enjoys the hell out of it.
    My mind is slowly starting to accept it haha. I seriously thought we’d be facing more delays, and now I never want to hear that word again. We made it folks. I’m fortunate I was able to snag tix to an early U.S. showing next Wednesday.
    Bad_Tiger wrote: »
    As we head down the home stretch, and knowing what we know thus far (however much or little that is), what are your hopes and fears? Here's mine:

Looking forward to:
    - Sandgren's glossy, colorful cinematography
    - What looks to be a fully engaged performance by Craig
    - More balanced mix of seriousness and humor
    - The possibility of at least some of SPECTRE's story and character shortcomings being mitigated
    - A suitably world-threatening villainous plot
    - More robust action and pacing than the previous few entries
    - Seeing how Zimmer's score (and the theme song) integrates with the film
    - What look to be more surrealistic, YOLT-style touches (from both the novel and film)
    - Potential for an emotional, gut-wrenching end to Craig's run

Worried about:
    - Too much over-the-top action? (The amount of machine gun fire reminds me of the Brosnan years)
    - Dodgy CGI, which some have already remarked upon (although it'll also bring back fond memories of bad F/X from the early Bond movies)
    - Will Fukanaga and the writers stick the landing on the film's "family" themes and plot developments, or will it come off as ham-fisted?
    - Will we see the sad demise of some familiar characters? And will these moments be earned, or just thrown in for shock value?
    - Safin: Malek is a fine actor, but based on the snippets we've seen, his role could easily tip into panto territory
    - Some overused character and story beats (e.g., Bond and kick-ass female agent taking out the enemy's hideaway by themselves, yet another traitorous agent in the mix, Bond leaving the service -- again!)

Excellent post.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    OK I'm signing off guys until Thursday evening! Its been an absolute blast going over everything with you all. I'll see you on the other side! Enjoy the movie when you get to see it :).
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'm so excited, there's nothing better than a new Bond film being round the corner. I'm well and truly on board the hype train

I feel a lot of people's overall enjoyment of the film will hinge on the ending, hopefully they stick the landing. That's my only nerves going into NTTD. Judging the trailers, the action in this film is worth the price of admission
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Strangely that V8 is wearing a non-Bond numberplate, which appears to be registered to an Aston Martin Lagonda and not a V8 :)
    It's also got the wrong front end to be a Bond car.

And is the DB5 wearing its LED numberplates?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    After all those years waiting, worrying, dreaming, speculating, getting excited just to end up waiting again and again and again to say that the road to this film has been a rollercoaster is an underestimation.

It’s still doesn’t feel real.

To me the delay of this film marked the official “beginning” of the pandemic. Only then, after the announcement, felt like a real thing.
    Regardless how good it’s gonna be, it’s goin to be a cathartic experience.
    matt_u wrote: »
    After all those years waiting, worrying, dreaming, speculating, getting excited just to end up waiting again and again and again to say that the road to this film has been a rollercoaster is an underestimation.

It’s still doesn’t feel real.

To me the delay of this film marked the official “beginning” of the pandemic. Only then, after the announcement, felt like a real thing.
    Regardless how good it’s gonna be, it’s goin to be a cathartic experience.

My sentiments exactly — I lied awake last night thinking about how surreal it is. We're finally here.
    2.62729348.jpg?fm=webp&fit=fill&w=830&h=467&q=80
    'James Bond' look-alike dangles high over London in hair-raising stunt ahead of premiere
    A man dressed as James Bond dangled from a ladder high over London in an eye-catching stunt ahead of Tuesday night's glittering Royal Albert Hall premiere. The stunt was performed hours before the world premiere of the highly anticipated new film 'No Time To Die'.

https://itv.com/news/london/2021-09-28/james-bond-dangles-high-over-london-in-hair-raising-stunt-ahead-of-premiere
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    A sneak peek at something discussed earlier. You saw it here first:
    51528109424_7496348415_o.png
    51526587277_b47eb50822_o.png

That's what it looks like.

An eyeball splitting in half - I want to say it's a nod to Tosca:

51526590157_83fd31219e_o.jpg
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    QBranch wrote: »

Well, Tosca isn’t for everyone…
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Question is…
    will Blofeld have one too..?
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 49
    What would be cool as hell is if they used Binder’s gunbarrel for NTTD!!!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    matt_u wrote: »

Question is…
    will Blofeld have one too..?
    It was described to me as belonging to Blofeld. We'll see.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    How late (u.k. time) will the live stream of the premiere start?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    JWPepper wrote: »

It starts in about half an hour
    JWPepper wrote: »

Starts 5.30pm